The race to the bottom

HHAYD

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1306974849' post='2722278']
for the rest of the campaign, it was decided that Vanguard would consolidate its forces near Chicago and solely use its airforce and air cavalry to aid the rebels.
This, however, in force. Minutes after the first request came in, a full squadron of fighters began to take off, another following half an hour later.
They would, quite simply, fly through Michigan to take any enemy bomber and fighter plane out. Air superiority missions as usual, with the small twist of killing enemy bombers.
[/quote]
The loyalist aircraft would be spotted flying over the battles (marked in purple), and they wouldn't stand much of a chance.

Meanwhile, the rebels overran Muskegon and plowed through Manistee with ease as the loyalist forces there weren't prepared for action. They then laid siege on Traverse City. Another group of rebel divisions moved on to flank the loyalists in Big Rapids and Mt Pleasant and attack Cadillac, Houghton Lake and Midland.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast forward one week:

Cheboygan, it was the loyalists' and Mercenaries' last stand against the rebels. Originally they had sufficient amount of artillery guns, helicopters and entrenched/sandbagged tanks to discourage the rebels from barging in, but Vanguard's aircraft put an end to it. The loyalists' and Mercenaries' commanders knew that their infantry were no match against the far numerically superior rebels, but there was nothing they could do about it.

It didn't take long for the rebels to overrun the entire town and force the loyalists/Mercenaries to surrender (or mowed them down), except for one section of a beach next to Turner Park. Two dozens of loyalists and President George were taking cover behind two dozens of wreaked M60A3s. They were being pinned down by overwhelming amount of bullets from three sides and their backs were to the water. In fact, they were already standing in a meter of water.

Loyalist squad leader: "Boys, this is hopeless. All that's left of the Midwest Republic Army, is us. And we have at least 10,000 rebels swarming us."

President George: "You are not allowed to surrender! We will stand ground!"

Loyalist squad leader: "Don't you realize that we're outnumbered by more than a hundred to one? Don't you realize that we have no chance of victory?!"

President George: "You are to obey my orders, I am the commander in chief, and you shall not question my orders!!"

Loyalist squad leader: "You're going to have to shoot me."

[i]President George shoots the squad leader[/i]

[i]All of the loyalist soldiers proceed to flee from their positions, waving white cloths and their hands up in the air[/i]

President George screamed "$%&@ TARDS" before raising his M16A1 to gun down the surrendering loyalist soldiers, only to get shot in the head with a .50 cal bullet.

Edited by HHAYD