question about bills

dudluv2

i did some searching for this but couldnt find a definitive answer, so i apologize if this is a retopic that i just havent come across

so im trying to cut as many corners as possible and since i am ready to start labor camp swapping i plan on not paying bills for 2-3 days before i collect taxes (then purchase the labor camps and then pay the bills, henceforth save more monies). i was wondering if i can not pay bills 2 days prior to tax collection, then on the third day, collect and whatnot, then purchase labor camps, then pay the 3 days worth of bills.

i know right around 3 days you cant purchase anything else without paying bills i just wanted to know if it was ON day 3 of AFTER day 3

I don't know what you mean! :wacko::blink:

What is Labour Camp swapping?

Maybe it's just me, but I think you will lose money if you start labor camp swapping at your size. Unless you have a cycle of 10+ days or so, which is a lot of trouble to go through.

Remember, 5 labor camps cost $750k to buy every time. With a 3-day cycle I'm sure you would lose money.

EDIT: And I'm not factoring in the cost of the other improvements you may want to buy after destroying 5 labor camps every time.

Edited by Viluin

im starting a 19 day cycle and with my current infra it will end up saving me a total of roughly a million. i normally do 19 day cycles but i had to time it differently for my 60 day and 90 day anniversaries

edit: and the 3 day cycle you spoke of was a misunderstanding. i currently do not have them (as it would not be profitable at this moment), but i was asking if i can not pay bills for 2 days prior to collecting taxes, then i collect, then i labor camp swamp, then i pay 3 days worth of bills (which obviously saves me more money), then go another 18-19 days, then build back banks and collect. i know i can do it for at least a day i was just wondering if im forced to pay bills before anything else on my 3rd day of unpaid bills or 4th day.

Edited by dudluv2

Two days is your answer that you probably already found. If you wait until the third day to pay your bills, you cannot purchase ANYTHING including improvements.

Your alliance is one of CN's greatest, so they may disagree with me and you should follow their advice, but saving $1M over 19 days seems silly to me. Simply by growing naturally you will make far more than that in 19 days from improving your infrastructure and collecting a little bit more each day. Especially if you are involved in tech trading or receive aid from your alliance.

And if you lose a trade (especially fish or wheat) on the 18th day or are attacked, you are screwed and you just wasted 19 days of no growth. Just a thought...

You've kinda got labor camp swapping backward. The way i did it was save up enough money to pay 10 days worth of bills and the money you need to buy the improvements. You pay bills everyday and then at the end of those 10 days you swap your labor camps and collect taxes. It can be a little tricky starting up but after you get in the rhythm it basically works like this: pay bills for 10 days without collecting taxes at the end of 10 days swap improvements and spend all your excess money buying inf. then collect taxes and repeat.

no you dont understand me...it goes like this

dont pay bills for 2 days

collect taxes

purchase labor camps

pay previous 2 days worth of bills

pay bills for 10 days

build banks

collect taxes

build labor camps

then go on the routine.

the not paying bills for initial 2 days is a one time thing...

You shouldn't be destroying banks in Improvement swapping. It serves no purpose. If you havent got enough citizens for you nation to have 5 banks and 5 LC's you're trying it to early (or built improvements in a dodgy order).

Banks should be permanent, LC's should be present for days of bill paying and destroyed for days of back collection.

If you destroy banks to replace with LC's then you have to destroy LC's to replace banks. Therefore you are paying $550,000 for 5 banks and $xxx,000 for LC's (whatever the figure is multiplied by 5).

You only need the cost of buying 5 LC's and therefore save over half a million with each cycle!

sigh...

im not going to try and explain it anymore it isnt that hard to understand guys. but if you want i can bump this thread with how much money ive saved next time i collect taxes. this thread wasnt designed to debate my strategy, i just wanted to make sure how many days not to pay bills before i was forced to pay taxes before purchasing anything else, which has been resolved :wub:

Edited by dudluv2

On 3rd day you must pay bills in order to be able to purchase anything in the future. I routinely: (1) don't pay bills, collect taxes; (2) don't pay bills, collect taxes; (3) collect taxes, demolish intelligence agencies, buy LCs, pay bills; (4-?) pay bills X (?) days, don't collect taxes X (?) days; (LAST DAY) pay bills, demolish LCs, buy intelligence agencies, collect back taxes. Repeat, ad nauseum.

I swapped with 15 improvements at one time and pulled a profit. That was with the lower improvement prices though.

To figure out when to start improvement swapping:

[ 2 * Total cost of improvements involved ] / One day's worth of infra bills = # of days to save to pull a profit. If the # of days is over 20, then you can't pull a profit because you'll be deleted.