A Desert Summit

Axolotlia

High-ranking diplomat Ambassador Roger Zumbudi has been dispatched to the meeting with the Free Association's regional neighbors. He would travel in a diplomatic zeppelin to arrive at the specified time of the meeting.

Edited by Californian

**AT MEETING**

Before we begin this meeting, I have some pressing internal developments to report from the Free Association. With the Eggman Empire's collapse, Germany has taken responsibility for Greenland, as you may well know. Many of the Free Association's inhabitants are descended from the nations of Groenlandia and Atlantis, and there is a general consensus that now is the time to return to the homeland we have longed to return to over the years.

Though not widely reported to the outside world, we have recently conducted a series of nation-wide polls to determine the fate of our nation. A small portion of the western coastline of the island of La Palma will be given to Germany, due to the extremely high percentage of Germans that have immigrated and settled there. The islands of Tenerife and Sao Tome and Principe, due to their high percentage of Greenland migrants, will be incorporated by the new Greenland nation. The rest of the Free Association will be ceded to our closest ally in the region, Mogatopia. We entrust that you will care for these lands and maintain the peace and prosperity that you have maintained over northwest Afria with the help of the PRA.

The rest of us will be returning to our homeland in the coming weeks. It is the government and my hopes that our nations can continue to maintain the excellent relations we have fostered as neighbors.

Edited by Californian

MoG[Corp] will hold a national day of mourning and then a day of celebration to honor the Free Associations final days, and 15,000 MoG[Security] forces have been prepared to assist in transition,and 8 MoG[Cruises] ships can assist in transport of your citizen population, you have been a friend and our biggest trade partner since our reformation in north Africa, whatever assistance you need, just let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

"With the Free Association effectively withdrawing from the region I think we can continue this meeting with just the two of us. Would that be alright with you, Ms. Midori? "

"that would be perfectly acceptable, we have been meaning to make our close relationship more official anyway, though it disappoints us to pursue this idea without our friend in the Free Association."

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1307078326' post='2722967']
"that would be perfectly acceptable, we have been meaning to make our close relationship more official anyway, though it disappoints us to pursue this idea without our friend in the Free Association."
[/quote]

Indeed. Nonetheless, we wish to propose the adoption of a written agreement between our nations, in order to solidify our relations.

[quote]Shifting Sands Accords
=== Article I - Peace and Open Borders ===
The Mogar Corporation (MoG[Corp]) and the People's Republic of Africa (PRA) agree to remain respectful of one anothers citizens and the special relationship of the Saharan nations, and will not obstruct citizens if they should wish to return to anywhere in their home nation. Both Nations should look out for each others citizens well-being, and any law enforcement should attempt non violent and non lethel means, only resorting to lethality in someone who is an imminent threat to society(ie Murder, Rape, other violent offenses). Both nations navies agree to share responsibility in the entire border of North Africa. As a consequence of their mutual friendship, both parties agree not to attack each other for any reason. In the event of a treaty conflict that would draw the two into war with each other, this article will take precedence.

=== Article II - Intelligence ===
Should either party receive information that pertains to the safety or well-being of the other signatory, they will seek to make it known to that signatory. Also, if either signatory has any reason to believe a security breach exists in the other alliance they are to present this concern and any evidence to their other signatory. Additionally, both parties agree not to commit espionage against each other.

=== Article III - War ===
Both signatories agree to defend the other by any means necessary in the event that an aggressive war is initiated by a third party; upon the request of the attacked signatory, defense is mandatory. Signatories are not required to do so, however, if the other has been attacked for fulfilling another treaty. In the event of such defense "chaining," defense is optional though encouraged. Should a signatory wish to commit to an offensive war, they may request aid and the other signatory is encouraged, but not obligated, to go to war with them.

=== Article IV - Cancellation ===
In the unlikely event either signatory wishes to cancel this agreement, they are to give 3 month notice to the other party with reasons through private channels. This treaty will remain in effect throughout that time period.

=== Signed for the People's Republic of Africa ===

=== Signed for the Mogar Corporation ===
Masami Midori
[/quote]
<The treaty name was just a thought>

Edited by Mogar

I think that this treaty will be quite fitting... almost as fitting as the name. Our signatures are as follows:

[i]
Abdul-Aziz[/i], Minister of Defense

[i]Asad Aswad[/i], Minister of the Interior

[i]Habib Hisham[/i], Minister of Economics

[i]Muwaffaq Muta[/i], Minister of Foreign Affairs

[i]Head of Parliament[/i], Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles