Sapphire Resolve

Sarah Tintagyl

If she would have know that she would have had to deal with ten thousand flashing light bulbs from the cameras she never would have left her home, especially with the uncertainty of Larsa's health while he was still in Canada. In all honesty, Sarah hadn't been exactly keen on the idea when she had been approached by representatives of P & T Beauty Industries. The entire meeting had been awkward for her.

"Would you mind repeating the last phrase again?"

"It would be like having you in a bottle Your Ladyship." Said the wiry male representative holding up the poster board for a crystal blue bottle of perfume. "There is no doubt Your Ladyship that you are quickly becoming one of the faces of the modern world, a celebrity if you will. Think about how much faster your name will travel around the world now."

"I don't think that's a problem at the moment. The White Cross has the effect." Said Sarah sliding back in her chair, Public appeal had never been something that Sarah had wanted to waste drastic amounts of time on and this seemed like one of those things that would do more harm to her image than good. But these people seemed persistent and the more they talked the more curious she became. "Well, what would it smell like?"

"Various citrus smells with a heavy push on mandarin."

"Well I mean I guess I would endorse it. Is that all I have to do is sign a few papers then?"

"And of course come to the party when it gets released. The press is absolutely going to love this."

Which was where Sarah was now, surrounded by the flashing of cameras and enough "Sapphire Resolve" in the air to make her sick. She like perfume and all, but all this was a bit too much. She couldn't imagine how actors and musicians could go through this kind of lifestyle with this many people coming up and asking them questions about the most obscure type subjects. But then again, it wasn't that far off to the subjects discussed in the political arena and at least this people had a sense of humor.

Trying to get through the crowd of people at the entrance way, Sarah pushed through as best as she could before she was stopped by yet another reporter.

avril_lavigne_2008_juno_awards_11.0.0.0x0.607x912.jpeg

"Lady Tintagyl! A few questions please! A few questions on your new perfume!"

Sarah sighed as she turned around and managed to construct a smile for the woman. "Of course." She winced.

"I'll make it quick because I'm sure you're incredibly busy right now. But how do you think your product will sell in Hanseatic markets as well around the world? Do you think that by endorsing products that are a little closer to home for the public will make you a more memorable figure for our society? And do you have any plans to tour with the product worldwide."

Correction she thought, no, she would much rather be in the political arena. Getting yelled at by a German ambassador was much better than this. "Well I'll be honest, I haven't really given much thought to the perfume, I mean I guess I'll wear my own perfume, but I never put that much that I would have a fan base that would want to wear apparently what I smell like and I haven't decided that the fact that people think I smell like citrus is a good or bad thing. But I mean I hope it does well out in the world, I don't really pay attention to the perfume economy, though I'm sure its quite a competitive market and I hope we do well." She stepped back to turn away from the report and made a beeline for the door.

"Lady Tintagyl! Wait! Just a few more questions!"

But she was already inside and yet again surrounded by the Hanseatic aristocracy, who give or take could be hostile or friendly. But swallowing her pride she moved further into the room, just waiting for the night to be over.

OOC: Hmm...I like this one. A peaceful thread in so much war...

IC: Of course, not all the reporters were from the Hanseatic Commonwealth, but the ones from Promised Land could not get close enough to ask any questions, as they were crowded out by everyone else.

IC: Hearing this, Beijing Corp requested permission to market and sell these new perfumes in our own markets.

**Statement from P & T Industries**

We thank Beijing Corp. for this show of support and of course has all authority to produce Sapphire Resolve, we request 20% of profit from the sells and hope that the product has great success in Beijing.

OOC: Subtle if you have questions or comments...please ask. :)

OOC: I couldn't really think of any; that's why I did what I did wuith those reporters...but I'll have themn break through the press if I do think of something... :D But isn't she already inside now, where reporters can't get to her?

IC: Promised Land of course has a free market system, meaning P & T Industries is free to market their product here.

OOC: Hmm...I like this one. A peaceful thread in so much war...

IC: Of course, not all the reporters were from the Hanseatic Commonwealth, but the ones from Promised Land could not get close enough to ask any questions, as they were crowded out by everyone else.

OOC: Hehe, indeed... :D

IC: The UK reporters managed to get through the crowds and get a glimpse of Sarah Tintagyl, but they were unable to get close enough to her to ask any questions.

OOC: OK...

IC: One of the more quiet reporters, who was actually less pushy than the others, managed to get in for that very reason. All she had was a pad of paper and a pen to write the responses to any questions down. She scanned the crowd, finally spotting the Lady Protector and moving toward her.

Once she was within earshot, she politely introduced herself. "Excuse me, Lady Tintagyl? I'm Nancy Ellenberg, from the New Jerusalem Tribune. Would you mind if I asked you a question or two?"

IC: One of the more quiet reporters, who was actually less pushy than the others, managed to get in for that very reason. All she had was a pad of paper and a pen to write the responses to any questions down. She scanned the crowd, finally spotting the Lady Protector and moving toward her.

Once she was within earshot, she politely introduced herself. "Excuse me, Lady Tintagyl? I'm Nancy Ellenberg, from the New Jerusalem Tribune. Would you mind if I asked you a question or two?"

Hearing the quietness that the report conveyed Sarah turned and smiled, it wasn't that she wasn't friendly, this just wasn't her natural environment. "Of course Miss Ellenberg, what would you like to know?"

Hearing the quietness that the report conveyed Sarah turned and smiled, it wasn't that she wasn't friendly, this just wasn't her natural environment. "Of course Miss Ellenberg, what would you like to know?"

"Thank you. Now...what made you decide to endorse this product in the first place?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Thank you. Now...what made you decide to endorse this product in the first place?"

She leaned back and thought for a moment. "Well I'll be honest, the entire idea came up to me as a bit of a surprise and I was hesitant about the entire thing. The problem with being a politician of a nation is that you have to watch yourself from all corners constantly. A celebrity can goof up all they want because they will always be famous for something whether bad or good, but in my case a goof up can send me out of office." She laughed. "Not that I thought a perfume itself could do such drastic things, but I've always had a very conservative image and so something like this sort of seems a trifle odd. But I've always been willing to try new things and if P & T was kind enough to ask me to sponsor their product I said I would be more than happy to. I'll be honest, I never figured myself for a image of this kind of stuff, but I never figured a lot of what has happened in my life would ever happen to me."

The reporter nodded, smiling.

"What sort of incentive did P & T Industries offer in their attempts to convince you to do this?"

"Oh?" Sarah thought for a moment and laughed. "Well most of it is part of a campaign to build up my PR in the Hansa and the world. Personally I think that part of their incentives is entirely unneeded, but any help is appreciated. Now, speaking on more monetary terms, P & T gets twenty percent of the profits for their company while I personally receive about two percent of the profit for having my name on it. I'm hoping that most of that profit I can push towards new building projects in the cultural district right now." Sarah looked around the darkened club for a moment as the lights changed to a dark blue to reflect the color of the perfume and turned back to the Ellenburg. "I mean it should be very interesting in seeing people in the next few month and the possibility of bumping into someone and saying oh, you supposed to smell like me."

keira_knightley1_300_400.jpg

Keira Knightley our Temporary President loved the new perfume gifted to her from CEO Keshav. She sent a personal message to Lady Tintagyl-

Dear Lady Tintagyl-

Your perfume line is one of the best I have seen in a long time. I would like to send to tell you I love it and that if we have the chance of meeting I shall wear this perfume and come.

Regards.

Keira Knightley

OOC: Yea Im a big suck up :P

"Oh?" Sarah thought for a moment and laughed. "Well most of it is part of a campaign to build up my PR in the Hansa and the world. Personally I think that part of their incentives is entirely unneeded, but any help is appreciated. Now, speaking on more monetary terms, P & T gets twenty percent of the profits for their company while I personally receive about two percent of the profit for having my name on it. I'm hoping that most of that profit I can push towards new building projects in the cultural district right now." Sarah looked around the darkened club for a moment as the lights changed to a dark blue to reflect the color of the perfume and turned back to the Ellenburg. "I mean it should be very interesting in seeing people in the next few month and the possibility of bumping into someone and saying oh, you supposed to smell like me."

She chuckled at the idea. "Yes, very interesting, I suppose."

She absently chewed on the end of her pen. "Honestly, I have no more questions right now. You wouldn't mind if I mingled for a bit, would you?"

Keira Knightley our Temporary President loved the new perfume gifted to her from CEO Keshav. She sent a personal message to Lady Tintagyl-

OOC: Yea Im a big suck up :P

OOC: So I see...but don't stop being so on my account! :popcorn:

She chuckled at the idea. "Yes, very interesting, I suppose."

She absently chewed on the end of her pen. "Honestly, I have no more questions right now. You wouldn't mind if I mingled for a bit, would you?"

"Not at all Miss Ellenburg. I appreciate your questions. Please stay as long as you'd like."

Dear Lady Tintagyl

Your perfume line is one of the best I have seen in a long time. I would like to send to tell you I love it and that if we have the chance of meeting I shall wear this perfume and come.

Regards.

Keira Knightley

Excellency,

Your compliment is almost too much for my person and I think you from the bottom of my heart. I am not one to delve into cosmetics, but from what I have heard the perfume has met relative success around the world thus far. However if you would like to arrange a meeting, there is a reception in a few days for the actual release of the perfume, perhaps we can meet there or even if you would rather a personal meeting sometime between ourselves.

Sincerely,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

OOC: Kevshav...think that this letter is before the reception.

"Not at all Miss Ellenburg. I appreciate your questions. Please stay as long as you'd like."

"Thank you, Lady Protector."

She did indeed wander around, chatting with whomever chanced to greet her, and taking in the room, jotting down important details for the report she would write later.

Upon hearing of this new fragrance, Madame Unicorn decides to send one of her best and brightest reporters to check it out. His name? James Smith

Image0920-1923TV39.jpg

James steps through the crowd, excited about meeting the lovely Lady Tintagyl, keen on making his first impression a good one.

"Lady Tintagyl! I am James Smith, from Annihilation National News, and I'd like to ask you a question or two about the new fragrance.. If that would be alright with you, of course.."

James speaks with a soft voice, but raises it slightly for the occasion, wanting to be heard over the crowd of angry, shouting reporters. He is not one of those people.

He waits eagerly for a reply from the lovely Lady...

James steps through the crowd, excited about meeting the lovely Lady Tintagyl, keen on making his first impression a good one.

"Lady Tintagyl! I am James Smith, from Annihilation National News, and I'd like to ask you a question or two about the new fragrance.. If that would be alright with you, of course.."

James speaks with a soft voice, but raises it slightly for the occasion, wanting to be heard over the crowd of angry, shouting reporters. He is not one of those people.

He waits eagerly for a reply from the lovely Lady...

After just seeing Ellenburg away from her table, Sarah smiled as yet another report came up to her for questioning. But never to show anything less than absolute respect, she pointed to the empty seat across from her and folded her hands. "Of course Mr. Smith, it would be a pleasure. Please, ask to your heart's content."

James smiles. Inside, he's jumping with joy. Being able to talk to the Lady Protector was one thing, but to sit across from her? "It's my lucky day," he thinks to himself.

"So, Lady Tintatgyl, what inspired you to lend your name to such a fine fragrance, and do you think there will be room for a new line, or perhaps some other products in the Sapphire Resolve range?"

James pulls at his collar, butterflies in his stomach as he awaits her answer, scribbling away nervously....

She grinned and laughed. "Oh I should hope not. I must tell you Mr. Smith that this kind of lifestyle isn't really my kind of environment. However when P&T industries came up to me with the proposition they said it would be extremely good for my PR and in addition they said that it would help get my face further know across the world. Though I'll be honest I figured that enough people knew me considering my life has been attempted on twice. Perhaps, the less people that know about me the better." She sigh and returned her smiled to Smith. "Of course I'm kidding though, but I was happy to lend my name if they asked politely enough. But as to further products, I'm not quite sure. Mr. Smith, I am not a celebrity after all, I'm a politician, but if the chance comes and they come to me again and its not too much work. Then perhaps other things will come out of this. Though I wouldn't know precisely what."

James nods and smiles as Lady Tintagyl speaks, taking down her comments on his PDA. He looks up and smiles as The Lady stops speaking.

"Thank you so much for this time, and good luck with the fragrance," He stops as he looks down to his bag, and realises that he needs to give her a gift...

"I almost forgot. Madame Unicorn asked me to give this to you personally." James pulls out an object from his satchel and places it on the table.

tf8-220lovely20lilies2064.jpg

Lilies are our National flower, and Madame Unicorn selected the most beautiful lilies to give to you as a gift. She hopes you enjoy them just as much as we do.

James then gets up and leaves, satisfied that the gift will leave a lasting impression on the Lady Protector.