• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1335124351' post='2957261']
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Sb1AYkMSmfg/TdoHDQHwCnI/AAAAAAAAFtM/rOocyGjn4FQ/s1600/Awesome+spartan+shields.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Nice picture.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sparta Needs You.

We need people who believe in themselves. We need people who aren't afraid to go to war. We need people who have the strength to be a part of this Alliance. Sparta does not accept every single jaywalker that comes lollygagging into our doors. Don't think you will be accepted as soon as you apply. There are hurdles to pass before you can even think of becoming a Spartan. But once you do pass them, you can be sure that you will come to be known as a Spartan. You will be a part of this great Alliance.

So, what are you waiting for?

http://www.cnsparta.com

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Join an active alliance, with active allies and an active pretty much everything else.

Sparta is not just one city, we span all across the planet.

North America, South America, Europe, Middle East ... etc

Are you looking to play this game but want to avoid the 7 year old mentality while still having fun?

Then you know what to do.

http://www.cnsparta.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, Hello there! Are you new here? 

Come, take a seat and let's begin our lesson today!

WELCOME to Literature class 101 sponsored by Sparta and featuring this week's guest Emily E. Dickinson. Join Sparta and experience a grandiose online community of philosophers, poets, playwrights and more! Sparta: come build with us! Doxa Sparta! (Recruiter: Malkavian of Santa Monica)

Emily_Dickinson.gif

Emily Elizabeth Dickinson

(December 10 1830 - May 15 1886: aged 55 1\2)

EDITORIAL PREFACE:

EMILY DICKINSON was an American  poet and masterful artist of classical [American] sentimentalism and verifiable grit. She set a

morose and often detestably perplexing style of syntax and writing  structure in her wake via a great deal of her poetry, and from which she become famous for after her death. An imaginative author, but widely unknown for the duration of her life, Elizabeth Dickinson was a recluse and a timid woman in person for any soul to congregate with outside of her letters of duress or appreciation or criticism.  Born in Amherst, Massachusetts, to a successful family she spent much of her time alone and died in her family home. She is buried in accordance with her will and final testament, too. 

Enjoy the madness of her brilliancy yous guys!

"Because I could not [stop for] Death"

by Emily E. Dickinson:

"Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste, 
And I had put away
My labor, and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school, where children strove
At recess, in the ring;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

Or rather, he passed us;
The dew grew quivering and chill,
For only gossamer my gown,
My tippet only tulle.

We paused before a house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible,
The cornice but a mound.

Since then 'tis centuries, and yet each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads

Were toward eternity."

(Source: "The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson" by Thomas H. Johnson)

Edited by Malkavian

Culture:

Be different. Prove yourself a reliable and valiant Hellene and live forever on the tongues of your fellow man like the legend you were meant to become! Like Hercules face your fears and conquer your most intimate challenges; endless in their indisputable glory. Let no one tell you anything else but to follow your own path. Doxa Sparta!

338px-Antonio_del_Pollaiolo_-_Ercole_e_l

(Source: [wood tempera circa. 1467 A.D.] "Hercules and the Hydra" by Antonio del Pollaiolo)

Edited by Malkavian

Up all night knocking back shots down at your local wine and finer spirits establishment haven't you? Well, don't let me stop the sparty! Join Sparta today and indulge yourself silly right into a rehab clinic with our award winning assortment of mead and beer varieties! Doxa Sparta! 

Do you enjoy the Art of Tea?  Then between us and Michael Franks we think you should consider a more femoral approach when picking your choice of the very best Cyber Nations has to offer you as a player. Yes, Sparta offer you the very the support of a decent and well-established community, but we also offer an enriching experience on cultural sensitivity training and experimentation. Cross the metaphorical bridge into maturity: you owe it to yourself and to the improvement of your place here in the future. Doxa Sparta yous guys. That is all for right now. Keep Calm and Carry on.

OrganicJapaneseTeaSet_A01.jpg

(Source: Hibiki-an web-site)

Edited by Malkavian