Iraq returns

Kevin Kingswell

Public Announcement

800px-Flag_of_Iraq_%281963-1991%29%3B_Fl

The Republic of Iraq declares its return to the world stage at this time. With the withdrawal of Tianxian forces that were guarding our land it is now up to the people of this nation to look to themselves once more. Under the glorious rule of President Omar Hussein the nation of Iraq shall arise to be a most powerful nation.

Like their neighboring Iran counterparts the President took his governmental position and quickly began to establish a military presence through out the nation. The Iraq Military would begin with a single Armoured, three Mechanised and five Infantry Divisions with plans to further increase these numbers as time goes on.  

"Ah it is great to see such friendly faces among the international community. I offer my biggest personal thanks to both Tianxia and Athens and as a sign of my great appreciation I offer to sell you oil from our production facilities are a great price with an amazing 2% presidential discount. I know a whole 2%. I am so generous it almost hurts"

President Omar Hussein 

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

Today marked the opening of a brand new radio station by President Omar Hussein. When asked why this project had been given special priority the President broke out into a huge grin and said how he wanted every citizen to be able to listen to his majestic booming voice all the time, every time. In celebration of this momentous event sales of the President's new hit single "I'm in charge and I love it!!" are at half price. Buy them now whilst they are still in stock*

*​Purchase of at least one CD is mandatory. 

"Patriotism is vital to the long life of a nation and there is no better way to show such patriotism than to show ones military power" - General Alah Buzzein  

President Omar called today for a large military parade through out the streets of Baghdad and his military generals were quick to comply. Barriers were placed at the sides of the main highway through the capital city and crowds flocked to them to watch as rows of soldiers and armored vehicles, including tanks, artillery and transports rolled through the city. Banners were flown and flags and flowers were handed out as the people celebrated the creation of a strong Iraq.

The President himself took to the stage and promised the people that he would focus on improving the strength of the nation in all areas, economic, political and military and that Iraq would one day be known as a great super power of the Middle East.   

President Omar today commissioned the construction of a great statue in his image in the central courtyard of the Presidential Palace in Baghdad. When asked about how he felt he could justify the expenses for the construction he mentioned that he wished to always be gazing upon the citizens who formed the heart of the nation and for them to gaze upon him in return. In addition to celebrate the President has called today a national public holiday where all citizens except those required to work can go into their gardens and streets and celebrate the birth of the nation under their great leader.