DoE: The Democratic-Ubersteinian Republic of the Fawklands

Gloval

424px-Coa_Falkland.svg.png

With the permissions of the Mexican Government, I,  George Archibald Hancock, President of the Political Assembly, as well as the members of the Trade Council and Academic Court, hereby declare the founding of the Democratic-Ubersteinian Republic of the Falklands, centered in the city of Stanley, on the Falkland Islands.

Signed for the Political Assembly:

President

georgeahancock.png

Vice-President

rogertollemachetollemac.png

Signed for the Trade Council:

Chairman of Commerce

henrytflynn.png

Chairman of Industry

connort.png

Signed for the Academic Court:

Chief Justice

morgonhought.png

A Mutual-Defense Treaty is also offered to the government of Mexico, to thank them for their generosity in allowing self-determination in the Falkland Islands.

Edited by Gloval

"A new country appeared Mr. President." in walked newly appointed Press Secretary John Dewey.

Forich Yesnef, the newly elected President of the Dark Mark, began to write.

"Hello Mr. Hancock, I am Forich Yesnef, the newly elected President of the Dark Mark. With the establichment of your nation, I beleive that our nations can gain and keep a strong military and domestic relationship resulting in trade, economic advantages and military aid. Our two nations each have a major need for a presence in each of our regions. My nation, being in the South pacific, is surronded by powerful nations and is located near Asia. You on the other hand are located in the Americas, where my nation could benefit from your resources. not only that, but we may be able to establish ties with nations in South America, providing more allies for both of our nations. I hope you consider gaining Ally status in the Dark Mark."

Edited by Tom Riddle

"A new country appeared Mr. President." in walked newly appointed Press Secretary John Dewey.

Forich Yesnef, the newly elected President of the Dark Mark, began to write.

"Hello Mr. Hancock, I am Forich Yesnef, the newly elected President of the Dark Mark. With the establichment of your nation, I beleive that our nations can gain and keep a strong military and domestic relationship resulting in trade, economic advantages and military aid. Our two nations each have a major need for a presence in each of our regions. My nation, being in the South pacific, is surronded by powerful nations and is located near Asia. You on the other hand are located in the Americas, where my nation could benefit from your resources. not only that, but we may be able to establish ties with nations in South America, providing more allies for both of our nations. I hope you consider gaining Ally status in the Dark Mark."

President Hancock, sitting in his boring little office, raised an eyebrow as he read the letter. He raised his voice just loud enough so his secretary could hear him, "Mr. Fredricks, what is...the Dark Mark?"

Taps of a keyboard could be heard, "A little rogue state over in Oceania, Mr. President."

"Ah...well." He shrugged and penned a response,

"Dear Mr. Yesnef,

I must decline your offer in its entirety, as it would be irresponsible for my third act as President to align this nation with a violent rogue state. I am especially concerned with your emphasis on military. To be blunt, I will never sign a treaty with your nation for as long as I am in office.

Sincerely,

President George A. Hancock."

Step two of the declaration of existence had begun. A live sheep was shipped to every world leader (with the exception of the Dark Mark), along with a gift basket containing a mediocre bottle of wine, various gourmet cheeses, a carton of cigarettes, and a pamphlet on the joys of sheep herding. Tied to the sheep with an over-sized decorative ribbon was an invitation to the inaugural speech of President Hancock.

Step two of the declaration of existence had begun. A live sheep was shipped to every world leader (with the exception of the Dark Mark), along with a gift basket containing a mediocre bottle of wine, various gourmet cheeses, a carton of cigarettes, and a pamphlet on the joys of sheep herding. Tied to the sheep with an over-sized decorative ribbon was an invitation to the inaugural speech of President Hancock.

The J Andres Ambassador to the South American region, Mr. Albert Gauss, will attend the inaugural speech. A sheep is the national animal of J Andres, an homage to a time when New England was the ruling government of the land.

The Maritime Republic welcomes the Democratic-Ubersteinian Republic to the world; Mr Gauss will arrive in Stanley shortly.

While wine and cigarettes were confiscated at the border, given such alcoholic beverages were restricted in access, cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco etc. outlawed in their entirety, the sheep was brought to a veterinarian, to check whether or not it carried any diseases that may proof harmful for Faraway sheep herders and the gourmet cheeses, the pamphlet and the invitation were delivered to Rideau Hall. The sheep, upon determination it was healthy, was sold off to a farm, the pamphlet entered the Royal Archive and the Lord Protector was left with cheese, a bottle of wine, returned from the border authorities, and an invitation to an inauguration speech on a small island in the middle of nowhere. It was deemed that, given the relative unimportance of Faraway and the relative unimportance of the Falklands, the relations between these two nations were surely even less important, especially given that Faraway already deemed diplomacy aiming further than North america a hassle, when it was still Ontario. Thus, a package with maple syrup, bee honey and some candy was sent in return.

A photo was sent back showing the Khagan hugging the sheep with the words FRIENDS FOREVER written across the bottom.

A Declaration From The Baron of Sleepy Hollow

Concerning The Fawklands

The islands in which this new Democratic Republic has arisen have seen travesty but at the same time have some of the most beautiful sites in the world. It has become more and more rare for islands in the Atlantic to have independence which is why I found it important to comment on the founding of this new nation. I hope President Hancock protects the freedoms and liberties of his people while ensuring domestic tranquility and international peace to the best of his abilities.

This Sleepy Hollow looks forward to future diplomacy.

Johnathan Dusk

Baron of Sleepy Hollow

The sheep and attached gifts arrived at the White House where they were passed through extremely rigorous security screening for weapons, explosives or biological/chemical agents. After it was cleared the White House staff wasn't entirely sure what to do with the sheep but President Bronson decided he'd always wanted a pet so he adopted it. The White House veterinarian, previously having nothing much to do, was no in charge of caring for this animal which could often be seen grazing on the White House lawn.

DIPLOMATIC CABLE

TO: D.U.R.F. Government

The American Commonwealth congratulates the people of the Falklands on their independence and development of self governance and recognizes the government of the Democratic Ubersteinian Republic of the Falklands.  We wish for the continued success of your nation.  In response to your invitation we shall send an available ambassador to attend the ceremony.  We'd also like to thank you for the gifts.  The package attached to this message should be arriving soon and consists of corn, lots of corn, as well as live lobsters, whiskey and about two dozen I Love New York City t-shirts.  Enjoy.

Secretary of State,

Anthony Miller