When the chips are down, you start running...

HHAYD

2nd Illinois Federal Court on January 6th, 2011; Christa vs Mercy Health System, Leaf Corporation and Douglas Hugo trial:

"Five years ago, you were diagnosed with acute T-cell lymphoblastic leukemia. Is that correct?" James Garman, Christa's lawyer asked.

"Yes." Christa replied.

"What were you doing during that time?"

"I was the research director of Leaf Corporation and was experimenting gene therapy on rats."

"When did your first symptoms appear?"

"I suddenly felt weak one day, unable to climb a few stair steps without being left gasping for air."

"Did you consult a doctor?"

"Yes, Mitch Chrichten."

"What exams, if any, did he perform?"

"He did a x-ray and MRI scan of my entire body. He then took blood and bone marrow biopsies."

"How was the bone marrow biopsy done?"

"He stuck a needle into the left side of my hip and sucked out some of the bone marrow."

"After all of the tests, what did he tell you?"

"That I had acute T-cell lymphoblastic leukemia."

"Did he propose treatment, and when if he did?"

"He scheduled chemotherapy, radiation treatment, and bone marrow transplant a month from the diagnoses."

"Did he tell you what would be the outcome?"

"He told me that I was most likely to die."

"Did you go to another doctor for second opinion?"

"Yes, in fact, two doctors."

"What did they say?"

"They said the same thing. They also told me that Dr. Chrichten was the best doctor for that type of cancer."

"How were your treatments conducted?"

-[i]Christa then described her surgery, chemotherapy, radiation treatment, her stay at the hospital, the hospital's demand that she sign consent papers and etc.[/i]-

"Were the consent papers confusing?"

"Yes, they had many legal terms. I did not understand many of the consent forms."

"Did you hire a lawyer?"

"Yes, Douglas Hugo."

"What did he tell you?"

"That the consent forms merely allowed her cancer treatment to proceed and donation of some of her cells to research."

"Did you believe your lawyer?"

"I had some doubts about the forms."

"How did the hospital convinced you to sign?"

"They threatened to pull the plug and keep on charging me even if they weren't treating me due to a paragraph in a previous consent form that I signed."

"Did you have follow up examinations with Dr. Chrichten?"

"Yes, every three months. I felt healthy, I gained weight, my strength came back, my hair grew back, I felt great."

"Then what happened?"

"A year after my last checkup, my doctor called and told me he needed to perform more tests."

"Did he say why?"

"He said there was something odd with my blood work."

"Did he say which tests?"

"No."

"Did he your cancer returned?"

"No, though I was worried my cancer came back. I asked him if my cancer returned, he said he wasn't sure and he needed to monitor me closely."

"Were you scared?"

"Terrified. Why else would a doctor tell me that I needed to have more tests?"

"Were you tested again?"

"Yes, retested. He even did a liver biopsy."

"Did he tell you any results?"

"No, he told me to come back every four months."

"Did he tell you why?"

"No, he said just come back every four months. Nobody at the hospital told me why, they also told me to come back every four months."

"How did you react?"

"Worse than the first time. The first time I was mentally prepared, the second time, it caught me off guard. I thought I had a relapse."

"How long did you keep on coming back?"

"Three years."

"Did he say anything about your condition?"

"No."

"When did you discovered what was going on?"

"He presented a total of 100 pages worth of consent forms on my last checkup. I called my lawyer to come and take a look at them. He said it was nothing wrong. I noticed one of the consent forms saying that it authorized the commercial use of my tissue. I refused to sign that last consent form."

"What did your doctor do?"

"He become furious and told me that he will quit treating me."

"What did you do afterward?"

"I went to two different doctors. They both said nothing was wrong with me. Then one day at work, I got suspicious when I noticed a box of tissue and blood in one of the freezer rooms. I conducted DNA testing on them, and I compared their DNA with mine. They both matched. That's when I discovered my doctor sent my tissue to my company without telling me. My lawyer failed to tell me the whole truth."

"What did you do then?"

"I visited Dr. Chrichten and asked him if he sold my cells. He denied and I showed the lab testing on the DNA comparison. He said that he sold my tissue and blood. I was furious. He scared me needlessly for [i]years[/i] just so he can harvest my cells and sell them without my knowledge or consent. I eventually asked him for the share of the profits."

"Did he apologize."

"No."

"What was his reply?"

"He told me that the cells were no longer mine and he had the right to do what he wished with them. I kept on demanding for an apology and the share of profits. He cussed at me and called down the security to throw me out of the hospital."

"Were you recording the conversation?"

"Yes."

"Can we play the conversation?"

"Yes, its on my tape recorder."

[i]A police officer walked up to Christa, asking for her record tape. She handed him the tape and the police officer walked toward a tape record player. About a minute later, the tape was playing[/i]

[i]"Hello Christa, what do you wish to talk about?"

"Did you steal my cells?"

"Why would I?"

"I think you should take a look at this sheet of paper...

-paper ruffling can be heard, then silence-

"Yes, I did sell your cells."

-heated argument broke out, cuss words included-

"I want an apology and the share of profits!"

"Your cells are no longer yours. They belong to the hospital and I have the right to do what I wish with them! They left your body, they belong to the hospital!"

"That's illegal! It's still my cells even if they left my body! I will sue you if you don't apologize and give me a share of the profits!

"You don't know squat!..."

-pressing of a button and crackle of an intercom-

"Security! Throw out this insane woman!"

"You greedy -bleep-! I'm going to sue your -bleep- off!"

"You don't understand. Your cells, are now the hospital's cells, and they had the right to sell them! Go whine to your company if you want trouble!"

-security guards are heard entering the room and dragging Christa away-

"And don't ever come back here again!" Dr. Chrichten yelled.
[/i]

"What did you do?"

"I drove to my lawyer's office and told him about it. He left the office to get something and I saw an email on his laptop that came from the hospital. It said that they would pay $500 to him if he convinced me to leave my doctor alone. I took a picture of the email before my lawyer came back."

"Did you find out how much your company, Leaf Corporation, paid to purchase your cells?"

"$6 billion."

-[i]Many people in the courtroom are heard gasping[/i]-

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"One final question for you Christa Hamer, did you every authorize the commercial use of your cells?" James Garman asked.

"No, I only allowed the hospital to use it for research, not to sell it off." Christa replied.

The judge called for a 30-minute recess before the trial continued.

"Mrs. Hamer, I understand your personal experience and how frightening it was. But what was your physical and mental condition like before you were treated? How much weight did you lose before you were fully cured?" Douglas Hugo, one of the six lawyers representing Leaf Corporation and Mercy Health System asked.

[i]"Crud, they are going to emphasize the cure's effect and boast how good MHS was.[/i] thought James.

"I don't remember. 20 or 30 or 40 pounds, I think." Christa replied.

"How did your clothing fit?"

"Not at all, too big."

"What was your energy like?"

"Again, I had trouble climbing stairs. I felt tired all of the time."

"From exhaustion?"

"Objection, Mrs. Hamer had already stated her terminal illness." James said.

"True, but the jury should know how desperate her condition was." Douglas replied.

"No objection then." James replied.

"Thank you. Mrs. Hamer, did you come to the best doctor in this country for help?" Douglas asked.

"Objection, calls for expert conclusion." James stated.

"Why is that?" the judge asked.

"Mr. Hugo does not have concrete evidence proving that Dr. Chrichten was the best doctor and therefore it requires outside experts to confirm his statement."

"Objection sustained." the judge replied.

"Okay, did Dr. Chrichten cure you?" Douglas asked.

"Yes." Christa replied.

"So he cured you. An expert and caring doctor saved you from your death."

"Objection, Dr. Chrichten is a doctor, not a saint." James said.

"Objection sustained." the judge replied.

"How long have you been cured?" Douglas asked.

"Four years."

"Is it not true that survival with such cancer is considered rare and most patients die within five years from diagnoses?"

"Objection, expert testimony is required to confirm Mr. Hugo's statement." James said.

"Sustained." the judge replied.

"Do you consider yourself fully cured?" Douglas asked.

"Yes" Christa replied.

"Was your doctor's treatment new?"

"Yes"

"Were you the first one to receive the treatment?"

"I don't know."

"Did he tell you it was experimental?"

"Yes."

"So you were part of a research."

"Yes"

"Did you authorize the use of your tissue?"

"Not for commer-"

"Yes or no."

"Yes"

"Did you know your tissue would be used in a new drug?"

"Yes."

"And if a new drug was developed, did you know if it will be given to other patients?"

"Yes."

"Did you sign authorization to allow your tissue to be used?"

"Yes."

"Thank you. I have no more questions for you."
[i]
-court trial continues-[/i]

Edited by HHAYD

"The jury has ruled 12-0 in favor of Mercy Health System, Leaf Corporation and Douglas Hugo. As for you Mrs. Hamer, you have no rights to your tissue after they had left your body since they are material waste, the hospital can do whatever it wishes with the tissue." The judge ruled.

"Objection, the hospital did tell Mrs. Hamer to come back." James replied.

"A reasonable person would have noticed that his or her tissue were being used for commercial use."

"Objection, the hospital told Mrs. Hamer that she might had been sick and needed more tests." James replied.

"My ruling still applies. Her cells are also the property of Leaf Corporation ever since she authorized the usage of her tissue."

"Objection, she only wanted it to be used for research and did not expect her cells to be sold for a massive profit and to be someone's property. It would also violate Section Thirteen of Article Six in the Midwest Republic Constitution, the Bill of Rights. Section Thirteen stated that slavery and any other forms of human ownership is prohibited." James objected.

"The Leaf Corporation does not own her, rather, it merely owns her cells. It is also for the common good, as if she had refused to donate her tissue, then it would hamper future research. Good social policy helps research and potentially the deployment of a new cure for cancer. Trial dismissed!" the judge replied before he banged the gravel.

Edited by HHAYD

"I can't believe the judge could rule I was a property!" as Christa and James walked out of the courtroom and toward the lobby. "Douglas did a fine job of confusing the jury and the judge, making it seem as if you were stopping the development of a new drug. But there's no new drug, they were simply turning your tissue into a cell line to crank out cytokines." James replied.

"I don't understand the ruling, how can it be for the "common good", when my company obviously planned on making tremendous profits from my tissue. There's a reason why they coughed up $6 billion for pieces of my tissue!"

"I know, but the judge was following the Moore v. Regents of the University of California case's ruling back in July 9th. 1990. The ruling stated that any tissue that left a person's body was considered waste material."

"Hello Mrs. Hamas and Mr. Garman. I'm wondering if you plan on filing an appeal." Douglas Hugo asked as he walked toward them.

"Yes we are." Christa and James said at the same time.

"I would recommend against it. You will most likely lose again. It would also save the government's money and everyone's time."

"That means hospitals can "dispose" patients' tissue to other organizations or businesses for a profit, refuse to share profits with the patients, and pay the patients' lawyers to keep the patients from noticing the problem?" Christa asked.

"Indeed. Oh, even if you win the appeal and the next trial, your cells will still be considered as the property of MHS and the hospital can still claim their rights to your cells under eminent domain." Douglas replied.

"MHS is not a government owned service, it is privately operated. Even if it was owned by the government, the $6 billion profits would have went to the government." James replied, slightly annoyed.

"False, MHS is funded with taxpayers' money, therefore giving it limited government powers while still being a non-profit business. MHS does not have to turn over the profits according to Midwest Republic's laws. I suggest that you brush up your research skills, as you will not be a very efficient lawyer if you don't improve." Douglas said before walking away.

[i]"What kind of a messed up world do we live in?"[/i] Christa asked herself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later, at Leaf Corporation's Biotechnology Research Lab, 11:45 PM:

Jerkin Jeory parked his car in the parking garage. He got out while holding a large cardboard box wrapped in plastic and closed the car door, locking it. He then walked across the parking garage and up the stairway and through a skywalk to the research lab. After entering the building, he walked through a pair of automatic double doors and towards the security checkpoint. "Mr. Jeory, working late tonight?" the security guard asked as Jerkin handed him an ID card and replied "Yes, I have some things I need to finish up." while walking through a metal detector.

"You're good to go. Have a nice day." the security guard replied as he handed Jerkin back the ID card.

Jerkin then boarded an elevator and pressed the button "B10". After about a minute of waiting inside the elevator, he got out and entered the B10 floor, where the cell line was producing quantities of cancer killing cytokines. He entered another security checkpoint and through a metal detector as the second security guard asked, "What's that in the box?". "A sample of tissue. I prefer not to open it here or I will end up contaminating it." as Jerkin handed him his ID card.

"I see. Have fun in the lab." the security guard replied as he handed back Jerkin his ID card.

Jerkin then placed his box inside a decontamination chute and closed it. He then entered the locker room and opened his locker after entering the lock combination. He checked his Level A Hazmat suit, gloves, SCBA (Self-contained breathing apparatus), two-way radio, and other equipments for any damages and donned it. He then entered the decontamination chamber where he was sprayed with large amount of disinfectants before the chamber's door to the microorganismless lab.

"No one in here. Good" he thought to himself as he stuck his thickly gloved hands into a pair of gloves sealed to the chute's glass wall that showed his box.

He opened the box and pulled out a large packet containing a thick dark liquid. Inside the packet was filled with prions, infectious agents that are simply malformed proteins and are much smaller than even the smallest viruses. They are also difficult to remove since standard disinfectant procedures can't destroy or deactivate the prions. Not even massive dosage of bleach, strong acidic detergents, or heat can destroy or disable all of the prions.

If the cells in the cell line somehow survive the prion infection, the cytokines would be contaminated with the prions and the company would be forced to launch an intensive cleaning operation to get rid of every last trace of prions in its pristine lab and destroy the cell line, unless if it wanted to be destroyed by the FDA and onslaught of lawsuits from the public. Obviously Jerkin would land himself in legal boiling water, but he knew they would have to catch him first. He also felt that the cell line did not belong to Leaf Corporation, rather, it belonged to his friend, Christa.

He placed the package in a second chamber that was below and waited for the second decontamination procedure to finish before opening the chute's door and pulling out of the package. He walked to the cell line chamber's liquid storage tank that was filled with amino acids, water, lipids, monosaccharides, vitamins, minerals, growth stimulator chemicals, and other substances. It was what feed and kept the cell line alive. Now it will be the liquid of death.

Jerkine opened the package's cap and connected to the liquid storage tank's feed cap, filling it with prions. He walked over to a computer and logged in, and then input the password and PIN to access the cell line chamber's control panel. He set liquid storage tank's blender on max to thoroughly mix the prions with rest of the mixture. After a few minutes of waiting, he turned off the blender and set the pump on manual override to bypass the pumping schedule and set it to max. The liquid input pump them kicked in less than a minute later, spraying the cells with the deadly mixture.

After 20 minutes later, when the liquid storage tank was drained, Jerkin deactivated the input pump and logged out. He pulled the package off the liquid storage tank, sealed the tank's cap, and tossed the package into a biohazard garbage disposal before entering the decontamination room. After removing his Hazmat suit and the rest of his equipments and placed them in the locker, he left the building, entered his car, and drove away.

Leaf Corporation would not notice the contamination until the next day. Nor would they catch Jerkin as he would be in another country by the time they discovered what happened.

Edited by HHAYD

The next day at Leaf Corporation's Biotechnology Research Lab, 5:07 AM:

"Hey Sam, why's our cell line seem to be darker than usual, and who the hell drained the liquid nourishment storage tank?" Tom asked.

"I'm going to check the cell line. I think there's something wrong." Sam replied.

"Hopefully there isn't anything wrong with the cell line, those tissue cost nearly as much as the building itself."

"Same here..."
----------------
About 13 minutes later, 5:20 AM:

"Um, Tom, contact Rever. There's a lot of unusual black specks and some small holes in the tissue samples."

"Our supervisor doesn't come here until around 6:00 AM, and he hates being called while he is still in bed. Let me take a look." Tom said as he walked over to the microscope that Sam was using.

"Beats me, I'm going to take it to the electron microscope and see what are those specks. I suspect those specks are prions, but I'm not sure." Tom said as he looked through the microscope.

"Prions? They wouldn't become visible that suddenly in the cell line."

"I don't plan on jumping to conclusions. Wait, you earlier said that the storage tank was empty..."

"Yeah."

"Go and check the tank. I have a feeling the contamination came from that storage tank."
----------------------
In the electron microscope room, 32 minutes later, 5:52 AM:

The image came into focus on the computer, revealing a colorful mess from the sample of tissue being compressed. Tom wasn't interested in seeing what the cells' proteins looked like, he wanted to see what the black specks were. After several minutes of scrolling around, he noticed a certain protein that seemed usual. He pulled up a picture of the prion on another lab's computer monitor nearby and compared the two pictures for about a minute.

"Aw -bleep-, our cell line is infected with prions. -bleep-!" Tom cursed as he picked up the phone and punched in the numbers to call the cell line lab.

"Sam! We have a problem here!"

"What is it?"

"Our cell line was infected with prions after all! Did you check the liquid storage tank?"

"Oh -bleep-! Yeah, I checked the storage tank and the liquid that was stuck to the lining of the tank also had black specks in it."

"Dammit, call Rever! Now! I don't care if he gets all emotional and pissed off! We got a serious contamination problem!" Tom yelled as he hit the panic button on the wall, initiating a lock-down on the underground lab and alerting the security that there had been a major issue in the lab.

Edited by HHAYD

6:56 AM

"YOU GOT TO BE -bleep-ing ME! A SIX BILLION DOLLAR CELL LINE CONTAMINATED WITH NO ONE NOTICING?! SERIOUSLY?!" Tommy Equir, the president of Leaf Corporation screamed.

"It appears so. Looks like we have to launch am multi-hundred thousand dollars cleanup to scrub all away the prions in the lab." replied Hered Ique, the vice president.

"Why do we have to scrub the lab?"

"Some of the prions might be sitting around in the lab even though most of them did a number on the cell line. Nobody is interested in a repeated contamination."

"Alright, now, did the security find who contaminated the cell line?"

"Jerkin Jeory, one of our researchers. We contacted the police and they haven't found him yet. I suspect he is attempting to flee the country or has already."

"Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit. How are we going to explain this to the board of directors? They're going to crap themselves; and don't even get me started on the stockholders."

"I don't know. The best we can do is find Christa Hamas and get another sample of her cells. I already contacted Mercy Health Systems and they said they plan on transferring the tissue right to us. I also contacted our lawyers and they said its legit."

"Yeah, like she's really going to donate more of her tissue. Wait, MHS is going to give us the ownership of the tissue?"

"At a nice $3 billion cost, yep."

"-bleep-!"

"Or we can declare the cancer curing medication research dead."

"......"

"Tommy?"

"Would we still have eminent domain over the tissue?"

"Yep. Midwest Republic's laws and court rulings have so much loopholes in them that you could mistaken them as Swiss cheese."

"Good, call MHS and tell them we are open to buying the tissue rights and that they are to send an ambulance to pick her up. Tell the police to arrest her and drop her off at the ambulance."

"Do you think she's going to attempt to resist?"

"Yes, but our cell line shall be up and running again by the time the cleanup is done."
---------------------------------------------------------
8:00 AM:

"Bye mom!" Grace shouted as she ran to school.

"Have fun at school!" Christa shouted back from her car. As her daughter entered the building, she sank into her car seat, thinking about the court ruling and what Douglas said as police car pulled up and parked. Two police officers got out and walked toward Christa.

When they were about three meters away from her, they flashed their badges and the first one said, "Please come with us Mrs. Hamas. We don't mean any harm."

"Is there a problem officers?" Christa asked nervously.

"Leaf Corporation is wanting to replace their destroyed property." the second one replied.

"What?! They can't evoke eminent domain on my tissue! They're a private business, not government branch!"

"I'm sorry, but you still have to come with us." the first officer replied.

"You two know what is wrong."

"Orders are orders."

"Bu-"

The first officer opened her car door by reaching through the opened window and pulled on the handle, and then both of them yanked her out of the car!

"Police brutality!" Christa yelled.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say may be used against you. Physical force may be used against you if necessary." The second officer said as Christa was handcuffed and shoved towards the police car.
-------------------------------
At the station:

"I want my lawyer." as Christa walked through the police station with the two police officers behind her.

"You will get your lawyer. Please be patient though." one of the police officers said as he pushed her into a holding cell and locked the door.

At 12:00 PM, her cell door opened she was ordered to follow the police officer. She obeyed and followed him, with another police officer behind her. After about a minute of walking, they stepped into the backside of the police station. "Get in the van." one of the officers ordered. "Where's my damn lawyer?" she demanded. She did not receive a reply and was shoved into the police van with the door slamming behind her. "Where's my damn lawyer?" she repeated. Again, she did not receive a reply from the three police officers in the van as the van started.

After about 10 minutes of sitting in the van, it stopped in an alley with an ambulance waiting close by. "I, want, a, -bleep-ing, LAWYER! NOW!" she screamed. She received a taser to the face by one of the officers, knocking her down and and leaving her in agonizing pain. She was dragged into the ambulance and the ambulance took off while the paramedics slammed the doors. She was then injected with anesthetics by one of the paramedics.

About 15 minutes later, the paramedics unlocked her handcuff and attempted to move her onto a stretcher. The problem was that she didn't receive enough anesthetics. She immediately opened her eyes, punched one of the paramedics, jumped out of the stretcher and opened the door. Before the paramedics can grab hold of her, she jumped out of the ambulance and rolled away on the street.

As the ambulance stopped and the paramedics inside jumped out, she attempted to run away while stumbling around from the anesthetics' effect. She waved for an approaching taxi and it stopped next to her. She got in and ordered the taxi driver, "Just get me away from those paramedics!"

"Um, why are you running away from them?" the taxi driver asked.

"Don't let her get away! She's insane!" one of the paramedics yelled.

"Just get me away from them, I will pay double!" Christa shouted.

"Okay." the taxi driver replied as he mashed the gas, narrowly avoiding the desperate paramedics as he drove away.

A few minutes later, she pulled out her cellphone and called her lawyer.

"This i-"

"Forward me to James Garman."

"Just a second."

"Hello, this is James Garman."

"James, I need your help."

"What's the problem?"

"The police dragged me out of my car today, locked me up in a cell for a few hours, and then sent me off to a group of paramedics after tasering me for repeated demanding for a lawyer. The paramedics then injected me with anesthetics, I think. I think Leaf Corporation is after me."

"LC did report that their cell line got destroyed by an unknown disease."

"That explains why. Wait, isn't it illegal to take tissue from other people without consent or eminent domain?"

"Due to various loopholes in the laws, a private business can evoke eminent domain IF they purchased the property rights from a government funded organization and need to replace stolen or destroyed property. By the way, LC purchased rights to your tissue from MHS for $3 billion. Obviously they're desperate."

"You're -bleep- me."

"I'm not kidding."

"What should I do?"

"Stay on the run, get out of the country as soon as possible. Avoid using anything that they can track your location, such as your cellphone, credit cards, debit cards and etc. Use only cash and payphones, anything that they can't track you You have a biological daughter, right?"

"Yes."

"Your daughter may or may not have the same genes that enable her immune system cells to kill large amount of cancer, but LC may go after her as well if they can't catch you."

"What?"

"I'm trying to protect your family and you from LC. I do not know for certain if that is legal or not, but LC doesn't give a damn about laws when they have billions of dollars of potential profits on the line and had already coughed up over $9 billion dollars. Nor does the government if given enough gifts. Call your husband and tell him what happened and what he should do. Also, while you are on the run, I'm going to try to bring the mess into the government's view, the media if the government turns blind-eye to the problem. I'm also going to try to carry on the court appeals. I won't be able to call you, but you can call me whenever you wish, just not on your cellphone."

"Thanks for your help."

"No problem. Good luck."

[i]Call ends[/i]

Chirsta then speed-dialed her husband's number. After about 20 seconds of waiting, he picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Honey, I need you to pick up Grace. Leaf Corporation is after me, and I think they might go after our daughter if they get annoyed enough. Don't stay in the house!"

"What's happening?"

"Those goons evoked eminent domain on my cells, tasered me, and gave me an injection of anesthetics to put me to sleep."

"Isn't that illegal?"

"Tell that to the police who arrested me and the paramedics who were after me."

"Are you going to call your lawyer?"

"I already did. He's going to see what he can do about the problem. Don't use your cellphone, credit or debit cards, anything that you can be tracked with."

"Why's that?"

"They can trace your last location and hunt our daughter down. Use cash and payphones onl-"

"OH -bleep-!" the taxi driver yelled as a cream white van with rainbow color markins, "Free Candy! TOTALLY LEGIT!" pulled right in front of them. The taxi driver slammed on his brake and blared the horn. Another van pulled up from behind them.

Christa quickly opened the taxi door and fled a nearby supermarket, knowing that it was a trap. The taxi driver yelled, "Hey! You didn't pay me!", but he shut up as soon as a dozen of men in black suits wearing sunglasses stormed out of the vans and gave Christa a chase. Two of them pulled out tasers and fired them at her, missing but hitting her cellphone instead. She dropped her cellphone to the ground and kept on running through the supermarket.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote]*Internal Memo:
To: Genshabi Board of Directors.
RE:Leaf Corporation development
Dear sirs, I've read your report and thank you kindly. I've been quite busy lately and had not taken notice of the Leaf Corporation's recent shenanigans. If what the reports say is true, then there is a very important reason why they have gone after the woman in question (Christa Hamer.) From what recent reports indicate, the Leaf Corporation is working on a sure-fire cancer cure. This woman obviously has something to do with it. Your request for an one million-and-benefits incentive fund is authorized if it means convincing Hamer to work with our scientists. I also have personally authorized the use of a HS Gen-9 squad to recover her. I doubt Leaf will feel like sharing. It is important that she trusts us and believes we can shelter her from whatever plans the Leaf Corporation has for her. Be sure she asks for an asylum in Eggman Empire. It will go a long way in keeping Leaf from extracting her.
Signed: Jack Ulysses Kintober, Imperial Military Science Division Director.[/quote]
---------------
Rodrick loudly munched on his third bag of cheese-flavored potato chips. His fellow Happy Smiler, Kayla, looked over and glared at him. "Honest to Hank, Rodrick, if you make any more noise, I will beat you to death with this steering wheel!" She hissed. Rodrick looked at Kayla, smirked, and smacked his lips as loudly as he could. Kayla's forehead became a network of veins as she began to reach for her "partner's" neck. Rodrick halted his annoying smacking and suddenly pointed at the house their car was across from.

"Target's moving!" He said quickly. Kayla looked over an saw a woman leave said residence. She glared at Rodrick one last time.

"You got lucky...this time." She fumed. Any retort Rodrick was about to spout died on his lips as a police cruiser pulled up to Hamer's car and dragged the woman out of it, kicking and screaming.

"Oh SH!!!" Rodrick exclaimed. He immediately went for the weapons they had stored in the glove box.

"Wait you moron!" Kayla said, putting a hand in front of the compartment. "If the cops are involved that means the government and LC are in cahoots. Call up and see what they want us to do." Rodrick grumbled but pulled out an encrypted cell-phone and dialed a number.
---------------------
They had parked their rental car near the station. Normally this might have attracted attention, but Kayla was 18 and Rodrick was 17, so they didn't look all that threatening. Until you got a good, close look that is. *Shlick, click, clack.* For what seemed like the hundredth time, Rodrick inspected the chamber of his Desert Eagle and made sure a round was in the chamber. The gun might've seemed like overkill, but a Happy Smiler had to be prepared. And since they were strong enough to handle the recoil, there wasn't any reason not to give Smilers hand-cannons. Kayla, however, was very much annoyed with Rodrick's chamber checking OCD.

"Would you stop that?!" She hissed. Rodrick glowered at her.

"What? It's not like I have anything better to do! Unless you'd like me to storm that PD station and grab the target. Waiting here Suck!" He grumbled. Kayla smacked him up-side the head.

"Did the augmentations melt your brain or something? Your heard boss-man. He said wait for them to bring her out, and then ambush them in an abandoned area." Kayla reminded him.

"But waiting's sooo booooorrriinnnng." He whined. Kayla shushed him.

"Quiet! I think they're moving her!" Kayla checked again and it was indeed Mrs. Hamer the police were dragging into a police van. She turned to Rodrick. "Go to the back and get the Thumper outta the bag. Non-lethal rounds. We don't want collateral damage." Rodrick looked excited about 'the thumper' but sighed when Kayla ordered no-kill rounds. He snatched the armament out of the back and returned to the front seat. Kayla promptly drove after the van.
--------------
Rodrick gripped the dash board as Kayla turned the rental car they had sharply to follow the fleeing cab. They were about to 'rescue' Christa when she suddenly jumped up and took off. Now it looked like they might lose her. Then the taxi rammed into a white van. Kayla swore as another cut in front of them. She slammed the car in reverse and drove around the van. Black suited men piled out. Rodrick to the opportunity to 'scare' them by using his Eagle to blow the rear van's tires out. The shots boomed like thunder as Kayla maneuvered the rental car along side Christa.

"We're friends! Hop it!" She yelled to the fleeing woman. Rodrick pulled out the Thumper, a 40mm grenade launcher, and fired at the pursuing men. A concussion round sailed towards them and exploded with a loud clap. Some of the men scattered, but others continued. "Trust us! We're here to help." Kayla repeated. She gestured for the woman to get in the back seat.

Sadly, Christa didn't pay attention to the two new "helpers" due to utter panic. She fled through the shelves of products. A few of the black suited men kept on coming after her. People screamed and also went into panic mode when a grenade exploded and gunfire erupted at the entrance of the supermarket; some of the black suited men were caught in the blast and were sent stumbling, confused and in semi-panic. However, two of them almost immediately whipped out their MP-7 submachine guns that were loaded with taser bullets and fired at the two troublemakers. Police cars could be heard arriving with their sirens blaring. Meanwhile, Christa ran through an "Employee Only" double set of doors and into a non-perishable food storage area. She had only seconds to thick where she could flee or hide.

"Where the hell is she?" the commander of the black suited men asked.

"She couldn't have gone far, she was only about 20 meters away from us. I think she's hiding, or had ungodly sudden burst of speed and somehow cleared about 100 meters and fled through the exit doors."

"Shut up. Split up and look for her. I need two guys the guard the exit doors and two more to guard the double doors. Lets hurry before those party crashers show up again!"

"What double doors?"

"The ones we just went through, dumb-bleep-! Now be quiet so I can call for backup!"

The commander turned on his radio; "We need backup. Two party crashers nearly foiled our capture and they are armed with a grenade launcher and possibly more weapons. They already took out half of the group and I think they are also after our target as well based on what I heard they shouted. They also attracted the cops. We also need additional men to search a large storage area; our target is hiding in one of the boxes."

[i]"Location?"[/i]

"Uh, Thomston Supermarket."

[i]"Hang in tight, we will be there in about five minutes."[/i]

Meanwhile, Christa was hiding in a large partially full cardboard box, marked, "Donuts". Someone was going to get upset over the crushed donuts, but she didn't care, there was something a lot more important to pay attention to.

Edited by HHAYD

"Man, I hate ski masks! We look like retarded bank robbers!" Rodrick exclaimed. The two Smilers were executing a "run-n-gun" approach after their target had been to spooked to take them up on their offer. As it was, Rodrick and Kayla had abandoned their rental and lit it on fire. They then proceeded to put on ski masks to hide their identity. The sack of weapons was resting on Rodrick's back, and both were now using their Desert Eagles to blow away any black-suited goon stupid enough to get in their way. Obviously the shoppers and employees of Thomston Supermarket didn't take lightly to two masked strangers blasting away at another group of armed men in the store, and had fled or found someplace to cower.

This meant little to Kayla. "Shut up, whiner! Follow the suits and they'll lead us to the target!" She yelled as she dodged return fire. In the distance, she heard cops. "We gotta find that broad fast!"

Rodrick noticed a small squad of suit-goons scurry through a set of doors leading the the storage section in the back of the store. "Storeroom!" He shouted to Kayla. She nodded.

"Bang and Smoke, on three!" She yelled. Rodrick nodded and pulled a smoke grenade and a flash-bang out of the bag. Waiting until Kayla gave him the signal, he armed the grenades and threw them at an area that would cover their dash to the doors. The flash-bang exploded, distracting the goons long enough for the smoke to fill the part of the store they were fighting in. Together, the two teen supersoldiers dashed to the storage doors. They burst through them and immediately began gunning down any goons they saw. They soon cleared the immediate area and began calling for their target. "Mrs Hamer, you must come out! We're here save you from Leaf Corporation's goons and corrupt government agents! Please, we've got to hurry!" Kayla shouted, looking for any lurking LC goons while Rodrick calmly watched the storage door, his gun freshly loaded.

[quote name='Eggman Empire' timestamp='1295020731' post='2575120']
"Man, I hate ski masks! We look like retarded bank robbers!" Rodrick exclaimed. The two Smilers were executing a "run-n-gun" approach after their target had been to spooked to take them up on their offer. As it was, Rodrick and Kayla had abandoned their rental and lit it on fire. They then proceeded to put on ski masks to hide their identity. The sack of weapons was resting on Rodrick's back, and both were now using their Desert Eagles to blow away any black-suited goon stupid enough to get in their way. Obviously the shoppers and employees of Thomston Supermarket didn't take lightly to two masked strangers blasting away at another group of armed men in the store, and had fled or found someplace to cower.

This meant little to Kayla. "Shut up, whiner! Follow the suits and they'll lead us to the target!" She yelled as she dodged return fire. In the distance, she heard cops. "We gotta find that broad fast!"

Rodrick noticed a small squad of suit-goons scurry through a set of doors leading the the storage section in the back of the store. "Storeroom!" He shouted to Kayla. She nodded.

"Bang and Smoke, on three!" She yelled. Rodrick nodded and pulled a smoke grenade and a flash-bang out of the bag. Waiting until Kayla gave him the signal, he armed the grenades and threw them at an area that would cover their dash to the doors. The flash-bang exploded, distracting the goons long enough for the smoke to fill the part of the store they were fighting in. Together, the two teen supersoldiers dashed to the storage doors. They burst through them and immediately began gunning down any goons they saw. They soon cleared the immediate area and began calling for their target. "Mrs Hamer, you must come out! We're here save you from Leaf Corporation's goons and corrupt government agents! Please, we've got to hurry!" Kayla shouted, looking for any lurking LC goons while Rodrick calmly watched the storage door, his gun freshly loaded.
[/quote]
The two surviving men that were outside of the Happy Smilers' view quietly moved up to a position that would give them sufficient cover and blindly fired regular lethal bullets back with only their hands exposed after they settled in, equipped with Steyr AUG assault rifles. Two grenades were thrown from another two surviving black suited men that were left behind at the double door from the rear. The Happy Smilers would not notice the grenades visually since the grenades were on the other side of the doors. When the grenades exploded, the explosion blew both doors off the hinges.

Gunfire from the group of black suited men that were in the storage area ceased as the two men behind the two Happy Smilers took cover and blindly fired their MP-7s loaded with lethal bullets at the doorway. As soon as they stopped firing, the two men in front of the Happy Smilers started firing again while the men in the rear reloaded and charged toward blown doorway.

Meanwhile, police cars were heard screeching to a halt and the police cars' doors were opening and closing, shortly followed by rapid footsteps. At the same time, all of the exit doors burst open with about a dozen of men in civilian clothing with bulky body armor underneath and wearing bulletproof helmets charging in with AA-12s and Steyer AUG assault rifles.

As the AA-12s and Steyer AUGs spewed bullets and shotgun buckshot pellets blindly at the Happy Smilers' position, one of the reinforcement men pulled out a thermal camera and spotted someone sitting inside a cardboard box. He dashed over to the box that was hidden from the gunfire exchange zone and kicked it over, knocking Christa out of the box and onto the cold concrete. One of the black suited men grabbed Christa by both of her hands and yanked her along as he ran for one of the exit doors while blindly firing back at the Happy Smilers' position with a reinforcement man following and steadying his AA-12 at Christa's head at pointblank range, reminding her that escape was futile.

Edited by HHAYD

At LTG's HQ, Chicago:

"Our operation is not going well. Eight dead, and the the police are hot on us. So are the two "party crashers". I don't think we can pull this off" Kritzer Aitz, the leader of LTG.

"But the prize sir..." Gerod Whisk, the vice leader of LTG replied.

"One billion dollars is nothing if we can't kidnap that girl. In fact, I seriously doubt Leaf Corporation would want to cough up that much money for her."

"Sure they will. They already forked over nine billion dollars on their cancer curing research or whatever its called and the girl's tissue is the core of it."

"They have connections in the government and can send the entire police force on our rear end. I don't think you remembered the earlier history of this organization, plagued with failures after failures."

"Every business we already pissed off has friends in the government, and we are still here, not rotting away in jail."

"I seriously doubt BBQ PorkChop restaurant had friends in the government."

"What?"

"Do you not remember that restaurant? The one that YOU decided to command a dozen of newbies to launch an armed robbery on as a "live fire training course" and ended up setting the restaurant on fire and half of the group captured, eventually leading the police to one of our hideouts and arrest a large portion of our members? The operation that crashed and burned the mayor's birthday? I'm still wondering why I didn't send you to the firing squad."

"Um..."
---------------------------------------------
Two years ago:

An ordinary looking semi-truck was driving through Chicago's streets. It was heading for the BBQ PorkChop restaurant, for a sinister reason. Oh, and the truck was also reported stolen a few days ago...

"The plan is very simple. All we have to do is charge in through the back door with our guns drawn and our masks on. Collect money from all of the customers and the cashiers. Take any portable valuables. I need it done within five minutes tops. Do not kill anyone unless necessary and avoid attracting too much attention. George and Hie, watch the kitchen staff and make sure they don't try anything funny. Understood?" Gerod ordered.

"Yes sir!" the teenage LTG members shouted in response.

"Good. Make any last minute checks on your equipments. We will be at the restaurant in three minutes."

After about three minutes later, the truck pulled into the loading dock behind the restaurant and the driver shifted into "Park". "Go! Go! Go!" Gerod shouted as the LTG members opened the door and stormed out. They barged through the back door, surprising the cooks and chefs. The LTG group then stormed into the main area where the mayor's birthday party was ongoing. All of the guests stopped and stared, not moving as armed and masked men stormed in. Three police officers were present, but they were tazored before they could even react. "Just give us all of your jewelry and money." Gerod demanded, not noticing a rather [i]minor[/i] skirmish ongoing in the kitchen. Perhaps it was because of the thick sound proofing between the dining area and the kitchen. Perhaps it was because they were too busy taking valuables and money from the cashiers, guests, police officers and the mayor to pay attention that two of their guys were missing.

Meanwhile, the phone line was cut by a LTG member who broke into a telephone wiring exchange a few blocks down. Oh wait, the entire wiring exchange was blown up by a package of C-4. At the same time, the radio jammer on the truck was activated by the truck driver.
------------------
In the kitchen:

The cooks and chefs weren't going to go without a fight, it wasn't the first time they got robbed, but it shall be their last. The last two LTG members that were instructed to watch the kitchen staff suddenly found themselves under a barrage of food, garbage, knifes, hot pans, an occasional fire extinguisher, showers of boiling water and oil, and other kitchen tools.

"OH MY -bleep- GAWD! I'M BEING FRIED! I HOPE THIS RESTAURANT DOESN'T SERVE FRIED HUMANS AS DESERT!" George screamed as he rolled around in pain, with ultra hot corn oil sizzling on his clothing.

During the ensuring chaos, Hie was covered in egg yolk and rotten tomatoes and blindly fired his M16A1 assault rifle in panic, severing a gas pipe. Before he could do anymore harm, his firearm jammed. The kitchen staff was too busy to notice the massive gas leak and were busy beating down the two LTG members before picking them up and dragging them into the dining area, holding the captured LTG members as hostage at knife point.
----------------------------
"Yo punks, we got two of your guys being held a knife point. If you want them to live, then just drop your weapons and walk away. Oh, and drop anything you stole from our customers and cashiers."

"No thanks. You see, I have a grenade in my hand, right here..." Gerod replied as he pulled out a grenade and had his finger on the trigger ring.

"Do it and kill your own guys. We'll use them as meat shields to buffer the grenade blast."

"..."

"So, which is it?"
-----------------------------
Back in the kitchen:

The natural gas cloud grew rapidly. Normally the kitchen staff would have noticed and shut off the gas line and anything that was burning, but they weren't in the kitchen. As soon as the gas cloud reached one of the open flames...
-----------------------------
In the dinning room:

It was at a stalemate, both sides staring at each other. A ball of fire suddenly exploded from the double swing doors. The kitchen staff was lucky enough to be far away enough to avoid being charred.

"OH -bleep- FIRE! The kitchen is on fire!"

"Plan C! Bail out! Back to the truck!" Gerod shouted.

"We don't have plan C..." one of the members replied.

"Shut up! Do as I say!" Gerod snapped back.

The 11 LTG members dashed out of the front side of the restaurant and circled around back to the truck.

"Hit it! GO!" Gerod ordered at the driver after everyone (except for the two captured members) boarded the truck. The driver complied, but accidentally shifted the gear into "Reverse" and mashed the accelerator, sending the truck barreling into the now-ablaze restaurant. He shifted the gears into D4 after realizing his fatal mistake, but the truck's rear was jammed onto the busted restaurant's wall.

"God dammit, your the worst driver I've ever met! Plan D, everyone scatter, NOW!" Gerod shouted.

"We don't have plan D..." the same complaining member replied.

"SHUT UP!" Gerod snapped back as he kicked down the sidewall of the truck and jumped out. Everyone soon followed and scattered as police cars begin to arrive.
----------------------------------
OCC: Lolfiller

Edited by HHAYD

Kayla forgot the exact point when the entire operation had gone to hell, but she was certain it was around the point they had entered the storage area. No sooner had they started to clear the room, two suit-goons opened fire with bullets and grenades. Kayla had returned fire and scrambled away from the door as fast as possible. As she moved to the far side of the room, a piece of shrapnel came and struck her in the left shoulder. She cursed as her shooting arm screamed at her in pain. Then, just as she had found some cover, the rest of the doors had burst open and armed gunmen poured through. Thoughts of suit back-up and cops were abandoned as she saw they were dressed in mixed civilian attire with body armor. A string of cursed left her mouth as she saw one of them grab her target. She tried to move but bullets and buckshot peppered her location, forcing her to hunker down. She managed to pull out her cellphone and make a call.

"Team 1 to Team 2, Kilo pinned down! "Romeo possibly KIA! Armed men in body armor escaping with target through the back! Need extraction!" A stray bullet slammed into the cellphone, showering her with plastic. She cursed yet again, and returned fire at the man who'd shot at her. His head disappeared in a mist of red and grey matter and white bone chips. Another armored goon made the mistake of coming to close to her hiding spot. She leaped out like a trap-door spider, and slammed her fist into his unarmored throat. As the blow crushed his windpipe, she spun him around and used him as a shield. Kayla holstered her Eagle to save ammo and began using the dying man's Steyer AUG. "Romeo, if you're alive, make some holes!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. A cackle filled the air, followed by multiple thumps. Kayla immediately dropped to the floor and pulled the dead man over her. Incendiary 40mm grenades exploded in a ball of fire. The storage area turned into an inferno as napalm splashed against boxes and walls and humans.
-------
"...Need extraction!" The young man looked at his cellphone then at the building across the street. The rear of the supermarket suddenly began to belch smoke as he heard the distant noises of explosions. He looked down the scope of his Barrett M107 and saw a group of men dragging their target to the back of a waiting van. He picked his own target and fired. The armor piecing round raced towards it's target at nearly 3000 feet per second. The driver of the van they had thrown Christa into didn't feel a thing as the round decapitated him. The bullet then ricocheted into the engine block where it tumbled around for a few seconds before exiting the vehicle and slamming into the supermarket wall. More bullets flew towards the unfortunate kidnappers as the .50 cal rounds punched through their vests like paper and splattered their backsides against walls and asphalt. The magazine clicked empty after the tenth round, but the sniper calmly replaced it with another. He looked back at the area and saw his teammate sprinting towards the burning building. The man carried a SAW and promptly gunned down another goon who was hiding from the sniper's sights.

"Golf to Oscar, target found. Target is bound and not going anywhere. Should we get her or save team 1?" 'Golf' asked 'Oscar' over a cellphone.

"Retrieve team 1 before they kill themselves. I'll watch the target." Oscar replied. Golf nodded and stormed through one of the ruined doors to find his comrades.
--------
Despite the smoke and fire, the goons still fired on Kayla. The dead man's armor was soaking up bullets fast, and soon it would be her they ate into. Somewhere across from her, Kayla could hear Rodrick shooting back. Kayla was now very pessimistic about getting out alive. She had received another hit to her leg. While she knew she could walk, running would be difficult. She cursed her sour luck yet again as other spray of bullets whizzed overhead. Through the gloom, she could see a door to the outside at the far end of the storage room. It was one of the doors the gunmen had came through. And through the door walked a bulky figure toting a heavy weapon. This was it now, she thought. Then the figure turned his weapon on some nearby suit-goons and opened fire. "Team 1, time to go!" Kayla didn't have to be asked twice. Throwing the dead man away, she hobbled over to the man with the SAW.

"Good to see you Gary!" She shouted over his gun.

"Likewise." Gary replied. "We gotta go! Oliver is covering the rear with his sniper, but the cops are encircling the building. He's keeping them at bay, but we don't have long. Where's Rodrick?" He asked. Kayla was about to respond when the man in question staggered through the smoke. His entire left side was drenched in blood and his arm hung limply. However, that didn't stop him from blasting away with his Eagle.

"Sorry I'm late." He gasped out raggedly. Gary shrugged.

"Target's in one of the vans. Get her into another one and lets go. I'll cover." He said. The two nodded and hurried outside. They found Christa and pulled her out of the van.

"Com'n lady," Rodrick gasped "We gotta getcha outta here!" He added. Kayla pulled Christa along with her good arm as Rodrick opened the back of another van. Kayla dragged Christa inside as Rodrick got into the driver's seat and started the van. Kayla was just about to close the door when another goon popped up from underneath the vehicle and pointed his gun at her. Time stopped and Kayla heard a sudden thunder-clap. The man was suddenly thrown to the ground; his side liquefied by a .50 cal round. Blood sprayed along the side of the van and in the faces of the two women. Gary emerged from the building and sprinted to the van. He pushed Rodrick to the passenger's seat, took the wheel, and hit the gas. Kayla barely closed the doors in time as she was thrown against the back.

Gary swerved the van back and forth as Rodrick fired Gary's SAW at the goons who were emerging from the building. The van hopped the curb, throwing its occupants around as Gary made his way over to the side of the building Oliver was sniping from. Oliver packed his gear and hooked a rope on a nearby pipe. He then repelled down the side of the building and landed at the back of the van. Kayla opened the door and he hopped inside. With that, Gary took off. "Thanks for the save." Kayla muttered. Her adrenaline was wearing off and the pain and bloodloss was catching up to her.

"No problem. But you guys need a doctor." Oliver replied. He turned to get a med-kit, when he seemed to notice Christa for the first time. "Oh, and you.." He said to the bewildered woman. "The Genshabi Research Corporation is offering sanctuary in Eggman Empire as well as a million dollars plus benefits if you're willing to donate your tissue to their scientists. What's your answer?" He said as he cut her ropes.

The police officers opened fire at the van, but their pistols and shotguns proved to be mostly useless. One of the police officers loaded a GPS shell into his 12 gauge pump-action shotgun and fired it at the van. It jammed itself into the back of the van, giving away a constant track of its location.

"We got a black van without a license plate fleeing from the scene. I think I tagged it." the police officer said.

[i]"Good, have your unit deal with the armed men that are still in the supermarket; you will receive backup."[/i] the radio replied.

"Yes sir!"

Meanwhile, the LTG members knew they were in serious trouble. Their van was broken after one of their members tried to start it without success, much of their men were injured or dead, and the police were closing in.

"Plan C, pickup the wounded and scatter!" the LTG group's commander order. The few surviving LTG members picked up their heavily wounded comrades and attempted to flee. Two of them provided suppressive fire to keep the police at bay.
-------------------------------
Christa was in psychological shock from the fighting and was unable to respond back as she was mumbling nonsense and shivering.

As the van drove away from the burning supermarket, the Happy Smilers would notice no police cars or helicopters were chasing them. However, up above, a police UAV was tracking every movement by using the GPS tracking shell's and video's input. A thin circle of police cars was also forming around the black van's location, though the Happy Smilers wouldn't notice since the police cars were at least three to four blocks away and were hidden by the buildings, pedestrians, and the traffic. The police planned on waiting for the Happy Smilers to let their guard down before moving in their SWAT teams.

Nor would the Happy Smilers know that LTG had connections in the police force and also knew where their van was. LTG would take a more brute-force attempt.
------------------------------
"16 killed, 4 severely injured, and our surviving squad is trying to flee from the cops on foot, this -bleep- was not in my plans..." Kritzer Aitz mumbled as he rubbed his face.

"Well, those party crashers were being tracked by the police, and one of our friends in the cop force gave us the data link to their GPS tracking device. I also sent two vans to pick up our retrieving team." Gerod Whisk replied in a low tone.

"I don't want to risk anymore losses."

"But the money..."

"Dammit, the money won't matter if our men start to have the life expectancy of -bleep- fruit flies! I am not going to use the tactic of [i]"keep throwing men and resources at futile situations"[/i]!"

"We could hire the Black Angles Motorcycle Gang."

"What makes you think they won't try to hold her ransom as well?"

"We'll crash their little hideout by tattling them to the police and pick off any of them that avoided arrest. Yes, I know their exact hideout's location, [i]because their boss is my friend.[/i]"

"You can hire them to do our dirty job, but I need to know how much money they want."

"Yes boss."

[i]A few minutes later...[/i]

"What's the response?"

"They settled for a $100k upfront cost, and then a $400k cost if they catch the girl and turn her over to us."

"That's fine, tell them its a deal."

"Sure thing."
---------------------------------------
Four motorcycles with two men on each one weaved in and out of the traffic, heading straight for the Happy Smilers' van from the rear. They would attempt to avoid attention as long as possible until they can storm the van. Additional motorcycle riders were closing in from the side and front. The police would not notice until another gunfire exchange erupted.

Edited by HHAYD

Rodrick coughed. A frothy red spray of blood splattered against the dashboard. Oliver caught some of it as he worked frantically to treat the sucking chest wound Rodrick had received. Reaching into the med-kit he had, Oliver pulled out a one-way flutter valve and applied it to the wound. Rodrick grimaced and struggled to pat the unwounded side of his chest. "Tension...pneumo...thorax..." He gasped out. Oliver nodded and grabbed a 14-gauge needle from his bag and searched for the right spot. Oliver carefully inserted it in the middle of the second intercostal space on Rodrick's chest and immediately heard a gurgling hiss come from the needle. Rodrick sucked in a lung full of air and slumped lower in the seat. Oliver then began treating the rest of Rodrick's wounds. After some hasty pressure bandages, he turned to Gary.

"He's not going to die just yet, but he needs medical attention ASAP!" Oliver said. Gary nodded.

"Right, but we need to find a new ride. I bet they're following us right now." He replied. Gary looked around and spotted a lengthy overpass with a road underneath it nearby. He yanked the steering wheel and cut across multiple lanes of traffic, nearly crashing. They made it however, and as soon as they were undercover, Gary slammed on the brakes. A screech and a honk from behind let him know it wasn't appreciated. Gary ignored the irate response, hopped out of his car, and walked over to the one that had almost rear-ended him. Gary pulled out his Eagle, opened the driver's door, and pointed it at the man. "Out." He stated calmly. The panicked driver complied and dashed away screaming. Oliver came out carrying Rodrick, and Kayla staggered forward dragging Christa. They all piled into the car and Gary hit the gas.

One of the BAMG motorcycles rear-ended into their car at 85 mph when it was attempting to weave through the traffic, not anticipating the Happy Smilers bailing out of their van. The driver and the gunner were sent flying over the car and face planting the rear of the recently abandoned van, then dropping onto the pavement between the van and the recently "borrowed" car.

Another motorcycle screeched to a halt next to them, with the driver pointing a Uzi submachine gun and the gunner pointing a AK-47 at the Happy Smilers. Before the motorcycle driver or gunner can say anything, both the driver and the gunner were suddenly rear-ended and were sent flying by a semi-truck that had attempted to stop to avoid the collision, but was too heavy to stop fast enough.

Two more motorcycles also began to appear in the Happy Smilers' line-of-sight at high speed, with their automatic weapons blazing. The BAMG members were attempting to shred the car's tires, while occasionally firing at the Happy Smilers, trying their best to avoid shooting their target, Christa.

The BAMG motorcycles then sped past the car and both did a 180 degree turn and sped back toward the Happy Smilers to keep on shooting at them and the tires. However, several trucks passed by, blocking the motorcycle drivers' and gunners' view for several seconds.

Edited by HHAYD

Gary and Oliver cursed in surprise, Kayla hissed in pain, and Rodrick mumbled something unintelligible. The sneak attack by the bikers had made their foul mood worse, and the Smilers were in no mood to deal with another annoyance. "I'm sick of this! Stop the car!" Oliver snarled. Gary complied and, in a seemingly impossible move, Oliver pointed his Barrett M107 out the window like a side arm. Leaning out and looking down the scope, Oliver waited until the traffic had passed and he had a clear shot at the bikers. "Playtime is over, jerkwagons." Oliver sneered. *BOOM!* The sniper rifle barked like thunder as a round meant to piece several inches of metal blew clean through the chests of one biker duo. A look of disbelief appeared on the clinically dead men's faces as they looked down to see dinner plate sized holes in their chests. Then they obeyed the laws of medicine and stopped living. Oliver's second shot was off. Instead of murdering the other biker pair, the round went clean through the front tire, through the engine block, and punching into the gas tank. The two bikers didn't even realize what had happened as their bike exploded underneath them. Seizing the opportunity, Gary pressed on the gas and raced past the carnage.

"Weapons check!" Gary shouted as he took a hard turn left.

"Seven more rounds for my sniper, 'bout 80 in the SAW's magazine, and both our Eagles have two full clips each." Oliver responded. He looked at Kayla.

"Rod lost the goodie bag back at the store." She said helplessly. "I've got one full extended clip and one half full. There's 12 rounds of .50 Action Express for my Eagle total. Dunno about Rod." She said. The man in question fumbled with his own weapon and checked his clip.

"Uh...'bout...five rounds..." He muttered. He managed to put the clip back in before passing out on Christa. His blood smeared her shirt. The Eagle was still clutched in his hand.

"****!" Kayla cursed. She leaned over and checked the young man's vitals. "He's alive, but barely. Shallow pulse, shallow breathing. We have to get to the rendezvous!"

"Easier said then done." Oliver muttered. "You awake yet?" He said, turning his attention to Christa. Meanwhile, Gary glanced at a GPS on his cell-phone. They were getting closer to the docks were a ship would take them to the pick-up point, but he knew another shoe would drop. He looked around, hoping to find their next assailant.

Edited by Eggman Empire

Christa shook her head no in reply, still in psychological shock from the previous and current battle. Several seconds later, more tires were heard squealing as motorcycle riders sped straight for the Happy Smilers. They came from the rear, front, and the side (by jumping over the concrete dividers) with their weapons blazing, not realizing that the Happy Smilers could potentially ruin their day.

However, the gunfight caught the police's attention and they decided to go after both the BAMG and the Happy Smilers. Police car sirens could be heard blaring. "Pull your vehicles over and drop your firearms! Immediately, or we will use brutal force!" one of the megaphones yelled.

"The cops are here!" one of the motorcycle riders yelled. "Lets get away and let the cops wear down those punks and then we can nab our target! Don't shoot at them, remember, their cars are bullet resistant!" the commander of the motorcycle rider group yelled back.

The motorcycle riders fled, with several police cars attempting to give the motorcycle riders a chase.

Then there was silence. The sirens and tire squealing became more distant. However, there was one police car with its sirens off about 30 meters behind the Happy Smilers. She noticed a certain car had a massive dent in its rear and was covered with bullet holes. The BAMG went after that car for some reason.

She decided to drive closer to the Happy Smilers to get a closer look...

Edited by HHAYD

Gary cursed as he noticed one cop car on their tail. He motioned to Oliver. "Waste 'em." Oliver nodded an leaned out the window. He pointed his Eagle at the cruiser and lined up a shot. *Boom!* The .50 Action Express flew towards the car and smashed into the windscreen. The tempered bulletproof glass held, but a thick web of cracks blossomed on the driver's side. The car swerved, but doggedly stayed on their tail. Oliver cursed and re-adjusted his aim.

"Turn ahead, Hard!" Oliver bellowed at Gary. The Smiler nodded and took the next right. As the car turned horizontal to the cop car, Oliver lined up his shot and fired. The bullet tore through the cruiser's passenger side tire and slammed into the drive shaft. Oliver ignored the cruiser's plight and pulled himself back into their getaway car. Gary looked at the GPS and nodded. The docks were close. From there, the extraction point and safety.

[quote name='Eggman Empire' timestamp='1295150871' post='2576603']
Gary cursed as he noticed one cop car on their tail. He motioned to Oliver. "Waste 'em." Oliver nodded an leaned out the window. He pointed his Eagle at the cruiser and lined up a shot. *Boom!* The .50 Action Express flew towards the car and smashed into the windscreen. The tempered bulletproof glass held, but a thick web of cracks blossomed on the driver's side. The car swerved, but doggedly stayed on their tail. Oliver cursed and re-adjusted his aim.

"Turn ahead, Hard!" Oliver bellowed at Gary. The Smiler nodded and took the next right. As the car turned horizontal to the cop car, Oliver lined up his shot and fired. The bullet tore through the cruiser's passenger side tire and slammed into the drive shaft. Oliver ignored the cruiser's plight and pulled himself back into their getaway car. Gary looked at the GPS and nodded. The docks were close. From there, the extraction point and safety.
[/quote]
The police officer panicked and pulled off to the side, yelling in her radio, "We have a red car covered with bullet holes firing at me and fleeing from the scene. The license is 1337-LEET. They are heavily armed and dangerous!"

The Happy Smilers knew they alerted the horde as soon as two police cars begin to give them a chase. A police helicopter was also approaching the car, a sniper sitting next to an opened door. The police sniper fired .50 caliber GPS bullets at the Happy Smilers' car. The first few bullets missed, but the tenth one finally hit. However, the Happy Smilers would notice a bullet that was partially embedded into the hood of the car and the rear of the bullet was sticking out which was unusual, as a .50 caliber bullet would have torn through the hood and the engine.

Meanwhile, the biker gang returned from the other side of the highway, firing at the Happy Smilers and the police. As soon as they passed the Happy Smilers, they jumped over the concrete divider and fired again from the rear. More police cars arrived as a response.

Several miles up ahead, the police formed a roadblock, creating a massive traffic jam that would require a tank, gigantic dump truck, or a monster truck to plow through. The bikers were speeding too fast to stop. Many lost control and fell and skidded around on the pavement, giving themselves nasty friction burns. Some others simply rear ended the essentially parking vehicles and their drivers and gunners were sent flying.

The highway the Happy Smilers were on was a sunken highway. Unless if their car can scale a five meter tall vertical retaining wall and another three meters of chain-linked fence, they couldn't escape from the highway directly. Reversing would also require ramming through a thick traffic. A concrete divider separated the traffic from the opposite flowing traffic, though there were police cars and bikers arriving from the left side of the highway as well.

Edited by HHAYD

"I have a plan!" Oliver declared. He leaned out of the car and fired his Eagle into the oncoming traffic. Three bullets struck three car tires, and the luckless vehicles spun out in the middle of the road. The traffic behind them screeched to a halt. Gary quickly pulled their car over into the emergency lane next to the divider. They scrambled out of the car and over the divider; Gary carrying Rodrick and Oliver helping Kayla and Christa. The quintet weaved their way through the stopped cars until they reached one closest to the outer-emergency lane. The driver didn't even have time to protest as Gary pulled him out of his car and strapped Rodrick in. Glancing over, he could see Kayla and Oliver do the same thing to Christa.

With everyone set, Gary pulled the car onto the shoulder, sped past the other cars and trucks, and cleared the wreck Oliver had caused. Gary drove the vehicle more carefully. Just in the off chance that their second car switch fooled the cops. They turned off the highway and began taking an alternate route. The docks were sight.

[quote name='Eggman Empire' timestamp='1295164569' post='2576960']
"I have a plan!" Oliver declared. He leaned out of the car and fired his Eagle into the oncoming traffic. Three bullets struck three car tires, and the luckless vehicles spun out in the middle of the road. The traffic behind them screeched to a halt. Gary quickly pulled their car over into the emergency lane next to the divider. They scrambled out of the car and over the divider; Gary carrying Rodrick and Oliver helping Kayla and Christa. The quintet weaved their way through the stopped cars until they reached one closest to the outer-emergency lane. The driver didn't even have time to protest as Gary pulled him out of his car and strapped Rodrick in. Glancing over, he could see Kayla and Oliver do the same thing to Christa.

With everyone set, Gary pulled the car onto the shoulder, sped past the other cars and trucks, and cleared the wreck Oliver had caused. Gary drove the vehicle more carefully. Just in the off chance that their second car switch fooled the cops. They turned off the highway and began taking an alternate route. The docks were sight.
[/quote]
The police helicopter was still up in the air, and the pilots did spot the Happy Smilers. "Suspects appear to be switching vehicles. The bikers appear to be attempting to flee, some on motorcycles, others on foot." one of the pilots radioed.

"Keep a close eye on the fleeing vehicle, our UAV will deal with the bikers. Do not spook the suspects."

"Understood."

Meanwhile, the bikers were attempting to search for the Happy Smilers in the traffic while fleeing from the police, not knowing that their target had already left the highway.

The car weaved between carts and stands and other obstructions. They had made it to the docks, but were finding it crowded. Oliver scanned frantically for their boat while Kayla was beginning to panic about Rod. He was pale and breathing shallow and nobody was sure how much longer he could hold out. "There!" Gary exclaimed. He pointed to a shoddy looking fishing trawler at the end of a nearby pier. Oliver dialed a number on the cell phone.

"Team 3, Teams 1 and 2 in sight of X-Ray point. Fire up. Plan for Romeo heavy Kilo injuries." He said and hung up the phone. The car finally made it to their destination and the Smiler's quickly abandoned their stolen vehicle. As soon as all of them were on board, the Smilers on the ship cast off. The boat roared out of the harbor and onto open waters. The ship was a flurry of activity as Team 2 and 3 hurriedly addressed Team 1 and Christa. Rod and Christa were taken to the hold down below, where Team 3's medic addressed Rod.

[quote name='Eggman Empire' timestamp='1295260110' post='2578528']
The car weaved between carts and stands and other obstructions. They had made it to the docks, but were finding it crowded. Oliver scanned frantically for their boat while Kayla was beginning to panic about Rod. He was pale and breathing shallow and nobody was sure how much longer he could hold out. "There!" Gary exclaimed. He pointed to a shoddy looking fishing trawler at the end of a nearby pier. Oliver dialed a number on the cell phone.

"Team 3, Teams 1 and 2 in sight of X-Ray point. Fire up. Plan for Romeo heavy Kilo injuries." He said and hung up the phone. The car finally made it to their destination and the Smiler's quickly abandoned their stolen vehicle. As soon as all of them were on board, the Smilers on the ship cast off. The boat roared out of the harbor and onto open waters. The ship was a flurry of activity as Team 2 and 3 hurriedly addressed Team 1 and Christa. Rod and Christa were taken to the hold down below, where Team 3's medic addressed Rod.
[/quote]
"The suspect and its kidnappers are fleeing in a boat." the helicopter radioed.

"Affirmative. Keep watching."
--------------------------------
"The BAMG failed, those party crashers got away." Gerod Whisk mumbled.

"Where are they now?"

"Fleeing on a boat."

"Send our helicopters in. I'm not going to let them get away."
--------------------------------
About 10 minutes later:

Three Coast Guard boats raced toward the Happy Smilers' boat. "You are to stop and obey our orders!" a megaphone yelled as the boats closed the distance. The Coast Guard boats were fairly armed, 40mm grenade launchers and .50 caliber machine guns.

Meanwhile, about 10 miles ahead of the Happy Smilers' boat, eight unmarked helicopters were flying toward the boat. Each helicopter had a pilot and six men armed with either a M240 machine gun or a 40mm grenade launcher. They also had AA-12s and Steyr AUGs that they would use once they stormed the boat.

"We got company." Said Alex, a Gen-8 in charge of Team 3. "Go set up the defenses." He said to Leon, another member of Team 3. The last member was 'Doc,' their medic/trauma surgeon. Leon nodded and Oliver and Gary moved to help him. Alex then got on a megaphone to address his pursuers. "Uh...No. How about a game of charades instead." Alex then began pointing at the boats and making rude gestures. At the same time, the other three Smilers were busy opening pre-arranged crates on the deck. The wooden sides fell away to reveal GAU-17/A mini-guns mounted to the deck. Gary promptly test-fired one; the bullets splashing near one of the Coast guard boats. "Look pal, we don't want anything to do with you! Back off and we'll leave in peace!" Alex stated.

Coast Guard's radio conversation:

"They got three -bleep- manned miniguns. They aren't backing down."

"What? The helicopters will have snipers on board and their ETA is about two minutes. They should be competent enough to pick off the minigun operators and suppress any other suspects that attempt to operate miniguns. Keep close to them, not close enough for them to board your boats."

"Understood."
--------------
The three Coast Guard boats did not reply, but they continued to gain distance. The Coast Guard soldiers kept their 40mm grenade launchers and .50 caliber machine guns pointed at the Happy Smilers. It was a mutually assured destruction; if the Happy Smilers fire, they would shred most of the onboard Coast Guard soldiers that were on deck, but they would get themselves torn apart by the 40mm grenades and .50 caliber bullets.

Up ahead, the eight LTG's helicopters came within the four boats' view. They had a total of 48 heavily armored LTG operatives with bullet resistant helmets/visors; 24 of them were armed with M240 machine guns and the other half were armed with 40mm grenade launchers. They opened fire at the Happy Smilers' boats, letting the bullets and grenades splatter all over on the boat' decks. When the three miniguns came into view, one of the LTG pilots screamed in his radio, "They got miniguns! Take out their operators!" Almost immediately the 48 men concentrated fire on the three miniguns.

"You are not authorized to fire at the fleeing suspects nor are you an authority! Cease your fire or face retaliation!" one of the Coast Guard boats' megaphones blared. They received no reply from the eight unmarked helicopters.
---------------
Coast Guard's radio conversation:

"We got eight heavily armed helicopters firing on the fleeing suspects. We are outarmed and require assistance immediately."

"Pull away from them until the reinforcements arrive."

"Understood."

Edited by HHAYD