Tech Raiding popularity poll

caleb ryals

Tech Raiding  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1292734531' post='2543819']
General statements are [i]clearly[/i] proven false by anecdotes.
[/quote]

You must have missed my previous post.

[quote]I've been >60k for about two years of Bob, and a large portion of that >100k. I've raided, on average, twice a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Large nations. Old nations. Truth is, it's really not that hard to get to a high NS if you put enough time into it. Most nations, regardless of size, will not fight back. Raid has always been profitable for me, regardless of the size. To the best of my knowledge, the only nations that fight back are those that drop AA purely to get raided, and fight back. One can generally tell which nations are these nations by their amount of casualties. I am one of those nations, and a few people have fallen for the trap[/quote]

I have been nuked three times, out of at least forty raids. 85% of these raids were over 4,999 infra. That seems to be fairly profitable to me, yes?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1292737651' post='2543948']
You must have missed my previous post.

I have been nuked three times, out of at least forty raids. 85% of these raids were over 4,999 infra. That seems to be fairly profitable to me, yes?
[/quote]

So, you're extremely lucky.

I don't see what that's supposed to disprove.

Edited by Aurion

When he says he got nuked and still made a profit, I simply don't believe him.

Here's some math, with two examples of people being nuked.

- - -
Example 1 :

Attacker (has 908 tech, and does not have a WRC.)
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=214786
Defender
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=268970

<@KingWilliamII[WFF]> Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Whitekiboko. You lost 22633 soldiers, 712 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 164.338 miles of land, 54.779 technology, 164.338 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

- - -

Example 2 :
Attacker (has 1,538 tech, and does not have a WRC.)
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=322974
Defender
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=362717

[16:46] <JonathanB[Europa]> Subject: Nuclear Attack
[16:46] <JonathanB[Europa]> Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Barnaby von Farter. You lost 23133 soldiers, 794 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 172.859 miles of land, 57.620 technology, 172.859 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

- - -

So of those two examples, both have fairly low amounts of tech for nuclear nations, and neither has a WRC which increases nuke damage based on the tech.

And both nukes show to do over 150 infra in damage. With more tech (pretty much required for anyone as large as him) and with a WRC (likely with people in that range) the damage goes up.

I'm at 8500 infra. Cost for 1 infra is $233,447

150 infra destroyed, at that price, is $35,017,050.

That's one nuke, based on fairly low tech, without WRC's. It doesn't count any land lost, soldiers lost, tech lost.

MasterofPuppets is here.
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=169876

He has 8400 tech, and 92,000 NS. Pretty much anyone in his attack range is going to have a lot more tech than in the examples I gave, else they wouldn't be in his range. (I have more infra than him, and 4100 tech, but I'm not in his range.) They are likely to also have WRC's. So one nuke is going to do a lot more than 150 damage.

And even at 150 infra in damage, a very low-ball figure, that's something like $35M lost. $60M or $70M would probably be a more realistic average.

Raids don't make that much.

So when he says "I got nuked on my last raid and I still made a profit", I think "Yeah, sure you did."

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1293146674' post='2552042']
So when he says "I got nuked on my last raid and I still made a profit", I think "Yeah, sure you did."
[/quote]

Once again, I fall back on my statement that "you have to pick your targets intelligently". Seriously, raiding someone with nukes and a WRC is STUPID. Profit is gauged before pushing the 'declare war' button.