Initial cash increases as the round progresses

scytale

[quote name='spearo' timestamp='1290330020' post='2518967']
Nope getting owned and having to reroll should be a punishment.
[/quote]
It still is a punishment to re-roll in TE.

You lose all trades, it's near impossible to get anything but scraps for trades put together and the extra money I proposed was not to get you back all the way up but just enough to get you back in the fight among the lower ranks. At the scale I proposed, even at 30 days, you only get $2.5 mil. That's not really a lot and if it does seem too much, that can be scaled back to maybe 20,000 per day.

This is just a thought I had because I've noticed many nations getting to the 30 day mark with no casualties and then hammering down on those that actually fought forcing them to leave or re-roll. Also, some time after the 30 day mark, many nations are no longer in the game and just waiting for the next round or have re-rolled in the lower ranks. That leaves TE with less nations to play our war games or splits the TE warring to the high end and the low end.

Anyway, it's just a thought to get people to talk about ways to improve the game. I'd prefer constructive ideas including if it won't work why and how we could make it work.

Editing for spelling and grammar. I suck at both.

Edited by scytale

I am in strong support of this idea under the basis that this will encourage alliances to go to war more often, as if they're beaten down, they can simply reroll. It also encourages alliances to attempt to stagger in TE simply to deny nations the ability to reroll and thus rejoin the fray.

However, I must make my criticisms:

Nations that reroll should not be immediately put back up to the level of non-rerolled nations. It excessively encourages multis, and penalizes nations for good growth and alliances for good performance. The targeted additional funds should aim for 75% of the nation growth of nations that were involved in war, and no more than 50% of the nation growth of cowardly noncombatant nations.

Second, having it grow at a linear rate penalizes nations that actually grow properly, instead of just rerolling for advantage. For example, at 2 days, the nation receives $1.5m, which is equivalent to 2 days income + starting capital without donation use. I suggest that instead, nations receive additional income in accordance with a logistic curve, ending at maybe 10mn, which would put a nation that is rolled on the last day of the round to 1500 infra. If that's too much, perhaps 5mn, which would yield 1k, would be a better number.