Allow rapid rerolls in the first few days

Instr

One present problem is that it's currently very difficult to build a strong nation because the odds of getting good trades are low (29% for 3br), thus, many serious players without access to trade mules from friends must reroll multiple times. This currently takes 2 days per reroll, so the chances of getting a good nation within 3 days of the round are only 50%. If players fail longer than that, they'll have to put up with both suboptimal resources and a late start.

My suggestion is such: for the first 7-9 days of the round, there should be an option that can be checked in the profile, called "delete nation at update". This means that the nation is automatically deleted at update, allowing the nation ruler to reroll quickly when it matters most.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1287482840' post='2487609']
One present problem is that it's currently very difficult to build a strong nation because the odds of getting good trades are low (29% for 3br), thus, many serious players without access to trade mules from friends must reroll multiple times. This currently takes 2 days per reroll, so the chances of getting a good nation within 3 days of the round are only 50%. If players fail longer than that, they'll have to put up with both suboptimal resources and a late start.

My suggestion is such: for the first 7-9 days of the round, there should be an option that can be checked in the profile, called "delete nation at update". This means that the nation is automatically deleted at update, allowing the nation ruler to reroll quickly when it matters most.
[/quote]
I would disagree with you on this, everyone can not have the armoured fortress every time, I like it the way it is, it makes one deal with the hand delt and work around problems and issues. through trades you can fix just about any issue as far as basic nation building.

in short just because I didnt start out with gold and uranium should not mean that I can reroll at will until I get them. Pay the 2 day penality or deal with what you have.

I know I've gotten resources that weren't perfect before, and I immediately threw my hands in the air and quit CN in frustrated fury. :smug:

Why not let you make as many nations as you want on the first day, so long as you just keep one of them? Look, randomized resources are part of the game. True, they're not all the same, but most of the bad ones aren't as bad in TE, and truly terrible combinations are few and far between. Besides, two days doesn't kill anyone. With a competent group who can help you with trades, you ought to be fine. Even without one, you don't lose much from that couple of days. I know; I've rerolled and come in 4th.