Escape

Lynneth

"Yes, the Launch Loop was developed by Cochin Space Research Organization to counter balance the exorbitant costs due to conventional launches and the Space Elevator which is frankly inefficient to launch payloads at orbits lesser than Geostationary Earth Orbit. After the commissioning of SLC Maldives the space launches have in fact become very economical and sustainable. The ELL is currently powered by two 400MW TRD power plants, rectenna plant to tap into the Tesla SPS network as well as a high tension power connection to mainland Cochin from where they can tap into the National Power Grid. In fact beyond the commissioning tests and routine maintenance tests we have not had to depend on the Tesla and NPG power, which are after all only redundant power. So the ELL is self sufficient in power. We would of course appreciate additional Power Technology equipment and assistance from you.

As I said earlier we are willing to completely share the services of CSRO with you. For now, we can only hope to assist you in the short term goal of supply runs to your Space Station. Over the past few years, we had regimented an efficient resupply and logistics routine to maintain our Trisanku Space Station at 5000 km orbit as well as our satellites at other orbits. This expertise would be offered to maintain your space station too," Kerala Varma replied.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281711465' post='2414323']
"Yes, the Launch Loop was developed by Cochin Space Research Organization to counter balance the exorbitant costs due to conventional launches and the Space Elevator which is frankly inefficient to launch payloads at orbits lesser than Geostationary Earth Orbit. After the commissioning of SLC Maldives the space launches have in fact become very economical and sustainable. The ELL is currently powered by two 400MW TRD power plants, rectenna plant to tap into the Tesla SPS network as well as a high tension power connection to mainland Cochin from where they can tap into the National Power Grid. In fact beyond the commissioning tests and routine maintenance tests we have not had to depend on the Tesla and NPG power, which are after all only redundant power. So the ELL is self sufficient in power. We would of course appreciate additional Power Technology equipment and assistance from you.

As I said earlier we are willing to completely share the services of CSRO with you. For now, we can only hope to assist you in the short term goal of supply runs to your Space Station. Over the past few years, we had regimented an efficient resupply and logistics routine to maintain our Trisanku Space Station at 5000 km orbit as well as our satellites at other orbits. This expertise would be offered to maintain your space station too," Kerala Varma replied.
[/quote]
"Mhm."
Laura nodded.
"I believe the loop could work much better if it was powered by two fusion power plants, laser-based reaction. I believe you have two of those, built by E.ON back in the day. Further in the north, though.
Current estimates are that we could bring the loop up to one million metric tons per year in transport capacity if high-powered and by use of advanced mechanisms to load the material onto it. This may be useful at a later time, but isn't necessary at the moment...

Helping us supply the space station would very much be appreciated though. However, it is in GEO, much like the Elevator's main station and not in MEO, as the Trisanku station. Currently, approximately 210 live there in somewhat cramped conditions. Supplies are going to last for at least a year and they're not gonna have muscle-atrophy because the station spins around its axis, but simply giving them the possibility of eating something other than the typical astronaut food would be nice."

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1281713257' post='2414356']
"Mhm."
Laura nodded.
"I believe the loop could work much better if it was powered by two fusion power plants, laser-based reaction. I believe you have two of those, built by E.ON back in the day. Further in the north, though.
Current estimates are that we could bring the loop up to one million metric tons per year in transport capacity if high-powered and by use of advanced mechanisms to load the material onto it. This may be useful at a later time, but isn't necessary at the moment...

Helping us supply the space station would very much be appreciated though. However, it is in GEO, much like the Elevator's main station and not in MEO, as the Trisanku station. Currently, approximately 210 live there in somewhat cramped conditions. Supplies are going to last for at least a yeas and they're not gonna have muscle-atrophy because the station spins around its axis, but simply giving them the possibility of eating something other than the typical astronaut food would be nice."
[/quote]

"It is possible for us to resupply even until the GEO. We have a constellation of Space Tugs stationed near the ELL Orbital Bases and near the Trisanku Space Station. We also have a permanent orbit Skylon Orbital Transfer Vehicles stationed near the Orbital Refueling Station which has been used in the recent maintenance missions of our Tesla satellites in GEO. The Skylons would very well be able to maintain logistics from the Equatorial Launch Loop to your Space Station. Seeing as they seem to be in some urgent necessities, I shall order CSRO to prepare a packlage for immediate delivery. Perhaps it can serve as a validation of our systems to convince your space scientists? If you would inform us of the requirements, we can arrange an immediate delivery, most likely in a week," Kerala Varma replied.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281713617' post='2414361']
"It is possible for us to resupply even until the GEO. We have a constellation of Space Tugs stationed near the ELL Orbital Bases and near the Trisanku Space Station. We also have a permanent orbit Skylon Orbital Transfer Vehicles stationed near the Orbital Refueling Station which has been used in the recent maintenance missions of our Tesla satellites in GEO. The Skylons would very well be able to maintain logistics from the Equatorial Launch Loop to your Space Station. Seeing as they seem to be in some urgent necessities, I shall order CSRO to prepare a packlage for immediate delivery. Perhaps it can serve as a validation of our systems to convince your space scientists? If you would inform us of the requirements, we can arrange an immediate delivery, most likely in a week," Kerala Varma replied.
[/quote]
Laura nodded once more.
"I'll have a list prepared and sent to you later today, if you don't mind. And I'm sure that even now, our guys up there trust your capability of getting the supplies into GEO."
She smiled. "For the time being, I don't have anything to discuss...Is there anything left you would like to talk about?"

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1281714059' post='2414374']
Laura nodded once more.
"I'll have a list prepared and sent to you later today, if you don't mind. And I'm sure that even now, our guys up there trust your capability of getting the supplies into GEO."
She smiled. "For the time being, I don't have anything to discuss...Is there anything left you would like to talk about?"
[/quote]

"I guess that must be it for now. I wish you best of luck in organizing your nation. We hope you would find peace and stability in this region and finally have a rest from the conflicts that engulfed your homeland," Kerala Varma replied standing up and bidding them good bye.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281715110' post='2414402']
"I guess that must be it for now. I wish you best of luck in organizing your nation. We hope you would find peace and stability in this region and finally have a rest from the conflicts that engulfed your homeland," Kerala Varma replied standing up and bidding them good bye.
[/quote]
"Thank you, your Highness."
Laura and her entourage got up, bowed, then left to create the new nation in Sri Lanka.

She hoped she'd finally find peace.