Cat Land reforms again.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1280249385' post='2391322']
Tbh, pretty sure he was expecting this, and pretty sure he doesn't care. Not to be all 'yay' or anything, just don't understand the tough talk. Is he suppose to be afraid and run away?
[/quote]

Honestly I don't think it matters either way.

If he wants to continue it will continue

If he wants it to end, he can try diplomacy, and if that fails the UPN knows how to stutter war's

This is of course a predictable predicament, only 2 options, with 3 choices of how to go about it.

This just keeps getting funnier... :smug:

I believe this:

To: SWAT128 From: Peggy_Sue Date: 7/26/2010 10:41:28 PM

Subject: RE: Hello

Message: Nope. You used a nuke on me. There won't be a white peace after the war cycle.

I am disappoint UPN.

----------------

Doesn't equal to... :

Xiphosis quoted:

Tbh, pretty sure he was expecting this, and pretty sure he doesn't care. Not to be all 'yay' or anything, just don't understand the tough talk. Is he suppose to be afraid and run away?

---------------

Looks to me he wants out...

Sometimes... folks have to learn the hard way. B-)

[quote name='ahough' timestamp='1280213568' post='2390986']
If we would've peaced you would've called us cowards. :)

It's a lose, lose situation.
[/quote]

Not at all. I was asked if I would like to discuss terms for the war. I offer white peace after the war cycle. I don't really care enough about you to make a big deal of it.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1280235197' post='2391133']
You mean to say you expected white peace after going nuke rogue on an alliance?
[/quote]

I'm not a [b]rogue[/b] at all.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1280236626' post='2391150']
Firstly: come on, I even spelt it right in the post you quoted. No, you are not a red, except possibly from embarrassment. [b]Rogue is not a hard word to spell, people.[/b]

And secondly: you made a one man AA and immediately declared war on an alliance with a joke CB. Yes, you are a rogue, and should be treated as such.

And finally, after people were trying to call me out for 'supporting rogues' in that thread of Fernando's in WA where it was rather a stretch, why is no-one having a go at all the people who are clearly and explicitly supporting roguery in this thread? (Particularly when a lot of them are from alliances at least as bad as UPN.)
[/quote]

My CB isn't a joke, you make think otherwise but I do not.

[quote name='Alexander II' timestamp='1280247279' post='2391264']
guess this is what happens if someone declares a war expecting to fire some nukes, get laughs and walk away.

To little planning, to much focus on forum glory for knocking down an alliance your circle of friends and some others dislike.

oh well, gloTR

edited in -

If you were to offer to pay reparations to the nations you've damaged, maybe peggy would consider peacing out. Either way, hope we all have some fun dealing with these events and there political statements.
[/quote]

The only nation I will be paying reps to is the one that left UPN.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1280247991' post='2391284']
I believe you had misconceptions when you began this endeavor.

Notice the timeline is these 'peace' talks ...

My offer to dicuss terms was answered with a nuclear weapon attack followed by an offer of white peace half hour later.

Seriously, SWAT? Did you expect to hear a YES to that one?
[/quote]

Maybe, I don't see why you would think I would let you attack me then not do anything about it. Guess it goes both ways then.

[quote name='Alexander II' timestamp='1280249638' post='2391327']
Honestly I don't think it matters either way.

If he wants to continue it will continue

If he wants it to end, he can try diplomacy, and if that fails the UPN knows how to stutter war's

This is of course a predictable predicament, only 2 options, with 3 choices of how to go about it.
[/quote]

Cool.

[quote name='ahough' timestamp='1280254212' post='2391426']
This just keeps getting funnier... :smug:

I believe this:

To: SWAT128 From: Peggy_Sue Date: 7/26/2010 10:41:28 PM

Subject: RE: Hello

Message: Nope. You used a nuke on me. There won't be a white peace after the war cycle.

I am disappoint UPN.

----------------

Doesn't equal to... :

Xiphosis quoted:

---------------

Looks to me he wants out...

Sometimes... folks have to learn the hard way. B-)
[/quote]

It doesn't matter to me if I get peace after this cycle at all. Just disappointed that UPN expects me to pay them any reps at all.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1280275618' post='2391780']
Where did the question of paying reps come from?
I don't want reps. UPN doesn't want reps.
If you pay Mixester that is your affair.
[/quote]

If you don't want reps, then what is the problem with white peace?

Sorry peggy, I suggested that if he offered reps he might get peace, and not get ZI'd like a rogue.

As far as not being a Rogue... ehhh making a one man alliance and declaring war? seems like a rogue that likes attention rather then just the normal rogue. I know as far as the UPN is concerned you are a rogue, since you are not part of a 5 man group with the same AA. Even if you were to gather 4 more members I doubt it would be seen as anything more then friends trying to bail ya out of the frying pan.

[color="#9932CC"]UPN definition of an alliance - an alliance defined, as of 10 October 2007, as a group of nations bearing the same alliance affiliation, of five or more members, or any sub-four-nation alliances that are any of the following: a protectorate of an alliance, a POW camp, an alliance “applicant” pool.[/color]

So I guess this is how this is gunna go. Well to save it being said in a month or so GL in RL.

[quote name='Atlashill' timestamp='1280206114' post='2390882']
Yeah, although you were straightforward with your intentions here, the wrong person to tick off is Peggy_Sue. If Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, Hell is peanuts compared to where you are when you scorn Peggy.

May UPN prevail against this challenger.
[/quote]
Basically, this.
You chose the wrong character to piss off, Peggy isn't going to let you off easy.
Also, WickedJ, methinks that it is time to lay a rest to the insults man. Especially when the quote was taken out of context.

May UPN achieve a swift and sure victory against this alliance.

[quote name='Alexander II' timestamp='1280287090' post='2392004']
Sorry peggy, I suggested that if he offered reps he might get peace, and not get ZI'd like a rogue.

As far as not being a Rogue... ehhh making a one man alliance and declaring war? seems like a rogue that likes attention rather then just the normal rogue. I know as far as the UPN is concerned you are a rogue, since you are not part of a 5 man group with the same AA. Even if you were to gather 4 more members I doubt it would be seen as anything more then friends trying to bail ya out of the frying pan.

[color="#9932CC"]UPN definition of an alliance - an alliance defined, as of 10 October 2007, as a group of nations bearing the same alliance affiliation, of five or more members, or any sub-four-nation alliances that are any of the following: a protectorate of an alliance, a POW camp, an alliance “applicant” pool.[/color]

So I guess this is how this is gunna go. Well to save it being said in a month or so GL in RL.
[/quote]

It's good to see some people still living in the past where they make up arbitrary numbers as to what they consider an alliance.

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1280356274' post='2393024']
It's good to see some people still living in the past where they make up arbitrary numbers as to what they consider an alliance.
[/quote]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/alliance
[quote name='Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary']1 a : the state of being allied : the action of allying b : a bond or connection between families, states, parties, or individuals <a closer alliance between government and industry>[/quote]

So... you have a bond with yourself?...

Actually, don't answer that, I don't want to know.

Edited by Valashi

[quote name='Valashi' timestamp='1280356648' post='2393038']
http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/alliance

So... you have a bond with yourself?...

Actually, don't answer that, I don't want to know.
[/quote]

I do, got a problem with it? :smug:

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1280356274' post='2393024']
[/quote]
Tell that to all the tech raiding alliances out there.
You attacked UPN, and must face the consequences. Its up to UPN to provide terms.

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1280415736' post='2393947']
Tell that to all the tech raiding alliances out there.
You attacked UPN, and must face the consequences. Its up to UPN to provide terms.
[/quote]

I'm telling that to all alliances, tech raiding or not.

Also I'll only accepting white peace so I don't care if UPN offers me any terms.

hmmm knowing peggy you'll get white peace when your infra level's can be counted on 2 hands...

personally I would have thought the smart move would have been to ask if you can pay reparations rather then work all the way up from 10 infra... Plus when your that low infra with your tech, us letting you go and having open war slots against you is gunna be worse.

you may consider one person to be an alliance, but most tech raiding alliances are gunna look at you like a fat man looks at a cake.

Edited by Alexander II

[quote name='Alexander II' timestamp='1280491561' post='2394932']
hmmm knowing peggy you'll get white peace when your infra level's can be counted on 2 hands...

personally I would have thought the smart move would have been to ask if you can pay reparations rather then work all the way up from 10 infra... Plus when your that low infra with your tech, us letting you go and having open war slots against you is gunna be worse.

you may consider one person to be an alliance, but most tech raiding alliances are gunna look at you like a fat man looks at a cake.
[/quote]

Don't worry, the RIA will protect SWAT from raids if it comes to that.

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1280425062' post='2394096']
I'm telling that to all alliances, tech raiding or not.

Also I'll only accepting white peace so I don't care if UPN offers me any terms.
[/quote]
You are in for a long ride then. :)

Enjoy.

SWAT, an alliance is by definition a group. UPN recognizes groups of 5 or more as alliances.

I am open to discussions with you if you like, but it is best to know ahead of time that the result won't be white peace at the end of this war cycle.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1280503263' post='2395050']
SWAT, an alliance is by definition a group. UPN recognizes groups of 5 or more as alliances.

I am open to discussions with you if you like, but it is best to know ahead of time that the result won't be white peace at the end of this war cycle.
[/quote]

Then come to me when you're ready to accept white peace.

Edited by SWAT128

Eh, I can't really endorse or denounce this. On the one hand, this CB is pretty much "I attacked them because I want to." On the other hand, this is more legitimate than most every other CB I've seen in-game. So, you know, kudos for that. I also think that its classy you didn't keep attacking Mixester after he left. More kudos for you, SWAT128.

[/quote]

This represents a fundamental flaw in thinking that I see people making. If you would be attacked, you would say "Oh noes! My statistics! Whatever shall I do?" People like SWAT128 would probably say when they're attacked "Oh noes! My statistics! Whatever shall I do? /sarcasm"

You see, there are people that care about those numbers that say X, Y, and Z about your nation, and then there are people that don't care about them. The former will avoid losing those numbers at nearly all costs (Realpolitick anyone?). The latter will gladly sacrifice those numbers in order to make a point, stand up for something, or just have fun (hey, isn't this a game after all?). Someone who is in an alliance by themselves and then attacks a larger alliance with nukes is doing one of those things that the latter part of people will do, and as such wouldn't be concerned about infra levels or any of that garbage.

Knowing this, if I had to predict an outcome, I would say that SWAT128 will be done fighting when he's good and ready.

[center][img]http://skepacabra.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/the-more-you-know.jpg[/img][/center]

Also, what in the world is with the assumption that all fat men love cake? That's a stereotype right there.

hmmm knowing peggy you'll get white peace when your infra level's can be counted on 2 hands...[/quote]
I can count to 1023 on 2 hands with binary, shall we let that be the stopping point? :v

[quote name='Bones Malone' timestamp='1280520986' post='2395308']

This represents a fundamental flaw in thinking that I see people making. If you would be attacked, you would say "Oh noes! My statistics! Whatever shall I do?" People like SWAT128 would probably say when they're attacked "Oh noes! My statistics! Whatever shall I do? /sarcasm"

You see, there are people that care about those numbers that say X, Y, and Z about your nation, and then there are people that don't care about them. The former will avoid losing those numbers at nearly all costs (Realpolitick anyone?). The latter will gladly sacrifice those numbers in order to make a point, stand up for something, or just have fun (hey, isn't this a game after all?). Someone who is in an alliance by themselves and then attacks a larger alliance with nukes is doing one of those things that the latter part of people will do, and as such wouldn't be concerned about infra levels or any of that garbage.

Knowing this, if I had to predict an outcome, I would say that SWAT128 will be done fighting when he's good and ready.

[/quote]

So with you being 639 days old and and having a total of 15,026 war casualties I am guessing you would be putting yourself under the "Oh noes! My statistics! Whatever shall I do" column?