Economy

Fizzydog

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='iamthey' date='14 July 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1279154885' post='2371886']
Because large nations do have hyper powers... but on a more substantive level including no multiplier means nation's like lynneth's or Lavo's have an unreasonably small GDP relative to their size. The multiplier's themselves are probably a bit out of date so they may need some tweaking upward. Beyond that there is no fixed formula for GDP anyway, and that is just the formula I choose to use.
[/quote]
Sounds like another case of big countries abusing their position. Who cooked up that particular idea? Curious.

Also, Lynneth would have around $4.5 trillion if I read his RPs correctly, which is still bigger than Germany in reality. Can't say they would be underpowered.

Edited by Karl Martin

You guys all list wonderful reasons why I shall not ever participate as a nation in CNRP again. IF someone would like me to join them in an RP with their nation, I'd be more than happy to. But without an economy, referee monitored wars and a reign on the sci fi futuristic crap beyond the current date; I just can't get into CNRP. I know everyone else is ok with that; have fun with it.

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='15 July 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1279154968' post='2371888']
Sounds like another case of big countries abusing their position. Who cooked up that particular idea? Curious.[/quote]

A strawman is not a refutation.

I expressed a theory about how the game works, and I noted my personal GDP formula which I only apply to my nation. Neither myself nor lynneth have used or are using this formula as a means of getting an edge over other RPers, nor have either of us codified it into official status.

The formula itself did not originate from either of us, it was pulled from triyun's CNRP-R, which ran its course in January and February of 2009.

Finally, I am not even a 'large' nation who stands to garner 'hyperpowers' from the formula. My infra level is 8500, which means my multiplier is 1.8. There are still 6-7 Rpers with infra levels far above mine. Try again.

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='15 July 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1279154968' post='2371888']
Also, Lynneth would have around $4.5 trillion if I read his RPs correctly, which is still bigger than Germany in reality. Can't say they would be underpowered.
[/quote]

But in the context of the RP lynneth isn't RL Germany. He and lavo are more on the order of the Untied States, or the European Union economically.

Adding an infra multiplier makes sense, as that is exactly what infrastructure and industrial equipment does, it multiplies the labor of workers, and it saves time. If there isn't an infra multiplier then there should be a tech multiplier, as thats what technology does as well.

Either way, in general both formulas with or without the multiplier are essentially arbitrary as we simply don't have the information to get an actual GDP. That said, all we can do is create a formula which gives a GDP that fits the military and political position of the nation in question.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' date='14 July 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1279159548' post='2371980']
A strawman is not a refutation. [/quote]

It was by no means meant to be a strawman against you. I was talking about whoever first thought of the formula, so cool it. I have no particular opinions on whether you use it or not, since it is not a standard for everyone.

[quote name='DeSchaine' date='15 July 2010 - 04:57 AM' timestamp='1279166228' post='2372229']
So... by your formula IAT, I would have a 1.9 Trillion dollar economy, on a per anum basis? And that will jump to 2.1 after my next infra boost.
[/quote]

Yeah that's how it would work.

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='15 July 2010 - 04:30 AM' timestamp='1279164623' post='2372163']
It was by no means meant to be a strawman against you. I was talking about whoever first thought of the formula, so cool it. I have no particular opinions on whether you use it or not, since it is not a standard for everyone.
[/quote]

Alright. The implication of your statement "Sounds like another case of big countries abusing their position." was that either I or lynneth were using our GM positions to give ourselves, relatively 'larger' nations, an advantage. My point was A that isn't the case, and B it doesn't detract from the merits of the formula.

Edited by iamthey