Defeat Alert

Kortal

Maybe someone else who was fighting with your opponent already used his GA to do a defeat alert. You can get only one DA per day.
Also, a nuclear attack counts as a defeat alert too.

Edited by Sande

Its [i]possible[/i] that the former is the case. I can't think of any other scenario really, even if that seems unlikely based on what I know of the other events of the war and people involved. I would be willing to state with some confidence that there had not been a previous defeat alert in the times I've been unable to do it. Tonight in particular I'm on a target with one other person and he could not have had a defeat alert of his own in the mix.

As to the latter I'm pretty certain that's not the case given how popular the tactic of nuking and then getting a defeat alert in is. Even if that's less useful now that everyone and their mother has an FSS :x

Edited by Kortal

[quote name='Darkova' date='18 February 2010 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1266484437' post='2189444']
A nation that's been nuked can't get a defeat alert on the same day. You can issue a defeat alert and then nuke, but not the other way around.
[/quote]

This is not entirely correct. Those with the FSS can suffer a defeat alert after being nuked.