SDI Success Calculation

Cheesehead Dave

Is the SDI success just a straight up 60% calculation, or are there other factors at work? I ask because of this:

[img]http://www.ikrug.com/clippings/clipping201023215217.jpg[/img]

11 nukes required before I finally hit? I can't possibly be [i]that[/i] unlucky, can I? Does something else affect the SDI's success?

Well the odds of 10 thwarted attacks in a row are roughly 1:170. This is obviously low but to be expected to happen a couple of times when hundreds of people are lobbing nukes all over the show. Would be interesting if others have had similar poor odds.
I remember about two years ago there seemed to be problems with the "randomness" of events - I think I went through about 5 months without any events before it got fixed.

I seriously do not trust the SDI's "randomness". During the entire life of my nation mine has always been crap, I'd say it has blocked maybe 40% of the ~125 nukes launched at me, and my enemies always block way more than me. During the karma war there were 2 separate weeks that my SDI blocked no nukes whatsoever. 0.4^7.. the odds are less than 0.2%, and it happened twice. :mellow:

Yesterday I shot 7 nukes at someone before I gave up and told my friend to try. I must be cursed somehow. :P

Edited by Viluin

Could be worse,
This morning at 11:58 server timeI realised I could actualy nuke the OG guy who had declared on me yesterday, (in my defence 5:58am local)
Fortunatly his SDI failed to stop the nuke I launched at 11:59:30, or the one I launched 1min later for that matter,
Then my other 2 opponents also took one nuke each despite SDI's

Kind of makes up for mine blocking all of 2 in the last week

Edited by SynthFG