Invitation to Buckingham Palace

TheStig

OOC: You know what, for the sake of our sanity let's just pretend we all arrived here, and are all here now, safe and sound, chatting at Windsor Castle.

IC:

All the leaders had arrived. The King gave a signal to one of his men, and two large doors were opened to reveal a large helicopter trumpeting into land outside.

"Gentlemen, your carriage awaits." the King chuckled.

Following a short flight, the group landed on the roof of the Palace to a huge crowd of people who were witnessing the changing of the guard. Once they were all settled in the conference room in their appropriate seat, the doors were locked shut, leaving only the eight of them within the room.

"It appears Germany is taking much longer than expected, so we shall proceed none the less. He shall be briefed prior to arrival.

Very well then, let us begin.

I believe gentlemen, we are all aware why we are here. The Eastern Powers are growing beyond our control and thus we must unite to develop new weapons, form better strategies, and ultimately strengthen our entire defence as one. I shall open the floor to comments from anyone, feel free to contribute in any way."

Jefferson swallowed the last of his burger. "The most basic thing to do is develop a strong nuclear arsenal. America has already built a large number of nuclear weapons, the details of which shall not be disclosed. Mutually Assured Destruction. Russia and China will be far less willing to attack us if we have thousands of nukes. I know Brazil is anti-nuclear weapon, but should a war ever break out, matching the Russo-Chinese arsenals will even the playing field, and make sure any war that the Russians or Chinese fight is purely conventional.

In terms of conventional warfare, I say we should capitalize on our best equipment. F-22 fighters, M16A4s, G36s, M1 Abrams, Leopard 2Es, etc. These are all good pieces of equipment, but they can still be improved by, say, an international group of the finest researchers."

"It is the opinion of Canada that the Confederation should share its anti-ballistic missile secrets with the other members of this council. Canada, for one, would feel far safer in the event of a nuclear war or attack if two major SDI systems were working together to prevent nuclear strikes on North America, especially if they are in the hands of allies and also in our own hands, so that we do not depend entirely on foreigners for our defence.

With the recent major population influx in Canada following the American Civil War, more and more researchers have come to Canada and in the near future Canada is likely to be able to compete on the world stage with Britain and America in terms of defence manufacturing and research. The Canadian government has already started funding defence corporations and building a truly formidable Canadian Army in the event of attack. Defensive funding in Canada is likely to yield major results by the year 2020, and Canada is likely to by then be producing its own network and assisting in a major way America and Britain with any Armed Forces that may need upgrading, in addition to forming a unique Canadian military identity along with America and Britain.

Canada is more than willing at this point to forge an alliance stronger than NATO with any of the parties herein present. We feel that all of the nations here are more than trustworthy, and they have proven themselves in the past. Britain has been our best friend since we were but a colony, and America our strongest ally since the Second World War, not to mention the bonds which NATO has created with Germany and the rest of Western Europe. On top of that, Brazil has in the past proven itself to be a very loyal country and a country very committed to the same ideals as Canada. We would not oppose an alliance with any of these nations.

However, we must realize something. If we are to succeed in outwitting the Asian powers, we cannot fight a conventional war, and if we do, we must first forge an alliance with an Asian power. There is no way that our nations, most of whom are American and European, can possibly land our troops in a continent completely filled with hostiles. In WWII, we massed our troops in Britain, in the First Gulf War, Saudi Arabia. The fact is that most of us are American powers, and the Americas are a continent united for quite some time.

To fight any war, however, we must realize also that it will be won not on the ground, but in the sea and in the air. There are far more people in Asia than in all of our countries, and air and naval superiority is what has won our countries wars in the past. Against Japan, America won with naval superiority, which allowed America to engage the island hopping strategy. If we are to defeat this new Axis, we must concentrate heavily on special forces, our Air Force, our Navies, and our futuristic superweapons."

"Afghanistan opposes colonialism to the extreme, we will be happy to provide many bases in our contry and perhaps make the ultimate sacrifice of allowing a war to be fought on our land, on one condition. Britain must give up most administrative power in her Indian holding to native leaders."

"Afghanistan opposes colonialism to the extreme, we will be happy to provide many bases in our contry and perhaps make the ultimate sacrifice of allowing a war to be fought on our land, on one condition. Britain must give up most administrative power in her Indian holding to native leaders."

OOC: You have not been invited to this conference, this no IC posts you make in this thread will be recognised.

IC:

"I agree with the Canadian representative.

Here is thus what I propose, a co-operation pact, similar to that of an MDP but with a few more strings attached. Once a war breaks out, we must ensure that we are mutually collaborated together without any delay. In order to do that, we need a treaty that would automatically set the stage. A NATO style idea is a good one, I believe.

In terms of peace times, such as now, I share the sentiments of the President. Some of you may have heard of our rather large nuclear test on Ascension Island a while ago. I can confirm in secrecy to you all that it exceeded the impact of the Tsar Bomb, the largest explosive ever detonated. With this technology, even if our defences can eradicate nuclear warfare, it will give us an indefinite superiority.

On the subject of SDIs, we can monitor activity with the Anglo-American Project Krypton using its satellite features and furthermore its anti-ballistic facilities on board. Again, I repeat what has been said above, this war shall not be conventional ground fighting, it will have many dimensions and in order to win we must conquer the opponent in every field. The British Navy has been re-developed to one of the strongest and now most capable in the world. The US Air Force and marines could conquer territory faster than you can say Blitzkrieg.

None the less, we must continue to make preparations. In the meantime, I advise you all to ready a large amount of defence, particularly in the areas most vulnerable to attack or even invasion. Otherwise, here are the articles I propose we include in this treaty:

I. Mission Statement

II. Non Aggression

III. Trade Co-operation

IV. Intelligence

V. Bi-annual Conference*

VI. Mutual Defence

VII. Amendments

VIII. Ratification

* Oh and, yes, I propose we meet twice a year.

The details and technicalities of the above clauses can be worked out at a later date. Right now, we need every nation to agree on that template."

"It is the opinion of Canada that the Confederation should share its anti-ballistic missile secrets with the other members of this council. Canada, for one, would feel far safer in the event of a nuclear war or attack if two major SDI systems were working together to prevent nuclear strikes on North America, especially if they are in the hands of allies and also in our own hands, so that we do not depend entirely on foreigners for our defence.

"I'd normally give you the details immediately, however, as there are neutrals present, I do not wish to disclose our secrets. I'd be more than happy to give the details if something is set in stone."

With the recent major population influx in Canada following the American Civil War, more and more researchers have come to Canada and in the near future Canada is likely to be able to compete on the world stage with Britain and America in terms of defence manufacturing and research. The Canadian government has already started funding defence corporations and building a truly formidable Canadian Army in the event of attack. Defensive funding in Canada is likely to yield major results by the year 2020, and Canada is likely to by then be producing its own network and assisting in a major way America and Britain with any Armed Forces that may need upgrading, in addition to forming a unique Canadian military identity along with America and Britain.

"There's no doubt that Canada will soon be matching our production. To help speed up the process, we can offer some financial aid to get funding started if necessary."

Canada is more than willing at this point to forge an alliance stronger than NATO with any of the parties herein present. We feel that all of the nations here are more than trustworthy, and they have proven themselves in the past. Britain has been our best friend since we were but a colony, and America our strongest ally since the Second World War, not to mention the bonds which NATO has created with Germany and the rest of Western Europe. On top of that, Brazil has in the past proven itself to be a very loyal country and a country very committed to the same ideals as Canada. We would not oppose an alliance with any of these nations.

"I'm not against an alliance either, providing it doesn't infringe on our national rights in any way."

However, we must realize something. If we are to succeed in outwitting the Asian powers, we cannot fight a conventional war, and if we do, we must first forge an alliance with an Asian power. There is no way that our nations, most of whom are American and European, can possibly land our troops in a continent completely filled with hostiles. In WWII, we massed our troops in Britain, in the First Gulf War, Saudi Arabia. The fact is that most of us are American powers, and the Americas are a continent united for quite some time.

"New Australia. They own Iran and Iraq. Or we can ask that light-stomached Greek king."

To fight any war, however, we must realize also that it will be won not on the ground, but in the sea and in the air. There are far more people in Asia than in all of our countries, and air and naval superiority is what has won our countries wars in the past. Against Japan, America won with naval superiority, which allowed America to engage the island hopping strategy. If we are to defeat this new Axis, we must concentrate heavily on special forces, our Air Force, our Navies, and our futuristic superweapons."

"Agreed. As with the Second World War, the Pacific will become a battle field should war break out. He who wins the sea wins the war. Our navies combined could match the Russo-Chinese navies and overwhelm them, and the sane with air forces. Conventionally, we can outmatch the Russians and Chinese. The American military maintains rigid training and high funding to make it one of the most powerful in the world. Throw in British, Canadian, Spanish, Brazilian and German forces, and you have the greatest alliance since the Allies of World War Two."

OOC: You have not been invited to this conference, this no IC posts you make in this thread will be recognised.

IC:

"I agree with the Canadian representative.

Here is thus what I propose, a co-operation pact, similar to that of an MDP but with a few more strings attached. Once a war breaks out, we must ensure that we are mutually collaborated together without any delay. In order to do that, we need a treaty that would automatically set the stage. A NATO style idea is a good one, I believe.

In terms of peace times, such as now, I share the sentiments of the President. Some of you may have heard of our rather large nuclear test on Ascension Island a while ago. I can confirm in secrecy to you all that it exceeded the impact of the Tsar Bomb, the largest explosive ever detonated. With this technology, even if our defences can eradicate nuclear warfare, it will give us an indefinite superiority.

On the subject of SDIs, we can monitor activity with the Anglo-American Project Krypton using its satellite features and furthermore its anti-ballistic facilities on board. Again, I repeat what has been said above, this war shall not be conventional ground fighting, it will have many dimensions and in order to win we must conquer the opponent in every field. The British Navy has been re-developed to one of the strongest and now most capable in the world. The US Air Force and marines could conquer territory faster than you can say Blitzkrieg.

None the less, we must continue to make preparations. In the meantime, I advise you all to ready a large amount of defence, particularly in the areas most vulnerable to attack or even invasion. Otherwise, here are the articles I propose we include in this treaty:

I. Mission Statement

II. Non Aggression

III. Trade Co-operation

IV. Intelligence

V. Bi-annual Conference*

VI. Mutual Defence

VII. Amendments

VIII. Ratification

* Oh and, yes, I propose we meet twice a year.

The details and technicalities of the above clauses can be worked out at a later date. Right now, we need every nation to agree on that template."

"Greater than the Tsar Bomba? A few of those could win a war.

And we agree with the articles, but let us see the wording."

Treaty of Buckingham

I. Mission Statement

The signatories of this pact shall work towards establishing a mutual goal, of which all the participants shall strive towards, as well as achieving peace on Earth and a better world overall, together.

II. Non-Aggression

All undersigned nations agree to not once engage in any forms of aggression with one another. Should this occur without good reason, they shall immediately be considered to be removed from the treaty and the other signatories must come to the victim's defence.

III. Trade Co-operation

The signatories of this treaty will collaborate economically and work together to secure solid prosperity for all member nations. Should at any time of peace a nation require severe economic assistance, the signatories of this pact are obliged to do all they can to recover them.

IV. Intelligence

Participants agree to share any and all intelligence that would be beneficial to the other in assisting with economic prosperity of superiority over any enemy. However, no nation is obliged to share the specifications or size of their forces, they may do so at their own discretion with no obligation from this document.

V. Bi-Annual Summit

The nations of the pact shall meet twice a year in the capital of every nation, rotating with every visit in alphabetical order. The summit will be to discuss current and future projects, internal and external matters, and global topics that may be of concern to this union.

VI. Mutual Defence

Finally the members of the pact shall agree to defend each other should they come under attack from a mutual enemy or mutually neutral nation. If a member of the pact has ties to the nation in question, they are not obliged to participate but must not support them in the conflict. The signatories will also work to ensure that in every scenario they remain as a unified axis in any warfare.

VII. Amendments

Any amendments to this treaty must be discussed and mutually agreed upon during the Bi-Annual Buckingham Conference. Providing all nations agree to the change, it shall occur. The signatories are welcome to negotiate adjustments to reach a conclusion that satisfies all.

VIII. Expulsion

At any time, a nation may put forward a poll in which every nation shall receive one vote, other than the nation in question that is potentially being removed. Should the majority of nations plus one vote in favour of the motion, it shall pass and said signatory shall be removed fully.

IX. Ratification

Signed for the British Empire,

King Charles GBE

Head of State of the United Kingdom

Emperor of the British Empire

Signed for Canada,

Prime Minister William Alfred Apps

Foreign Minister Jean Claude

The Senate of Canada

The House of Commons of Canada

Signed for New Australia,

Prime Minister Steve Irwin