The Red Sands New Players Guide

Zarfef

I generally go to baby name sites and then use the meanings behind the names to help shape what the character will be. I also admit to allowing some of myself to leak into the RP, but it's somewhat of splitting me into component parts in rather Jungian manner, like Zarfef being the archtype of the mad scientist or Ziggy being the child hero, ect. I am able to act out components of myself on the internet, but if they die, I've gotten used to the myth of the rebirth of the hero. People may look in horror that one character seems similiar to another, but this does have some basis in reality as people take on different archtypes by drawing from the power of myth to survive.

Thus, if I want a place to act out the archetype of the mad scientist, don't be surprised if killing off Zarfef doesn't mean the end of new mad scientists. There are actually a few on the planet right now even as we speak.

Anyways, I really like that post , when I get some free time I think I'll update this (adding credit where credit is certainly due of course).

I hunt down Japanese names like Akira, and Kyo, and stuff like that.

• 1 month later...