Accounting for events

iamthey

Exhausted from the day's affairs Ryn had managed to pull himself up the stairs and crawl into bed for the evening. Stirling his sleep his dream disturbed him.

[ooc]First person mode[/ooc]

I was standing in room without doors or windows. Before me, affixed to the wall and illuminated without a source of light was a glyph. Confused, I found myself staring at it, captivated by its simultaneous simplicity and detail. Hearing a rustle behind me, I disregarded my normal impulse of curiosity and remained concentrated on the image. Out of the edge of my vision I noticed a glimmer, and then in the silence I heard the words"Here I stand, a truth in darkness. Released from my stare I spun to meet whatever it was behind me. Startled at a shift; I found that instead of a room I was standing in the middle of a parking lot. Before me in the midst of a great plain was a greater tree; one which was taller than any I had ever seen. Beneath the roots of the tree I noticed an entrance, one which many people were filing into. Curious and compelled I followed them to find myself standing in what appeared to be a very focused museum. Directly in front of me was a large window opening up into an otherwise empty outdoor atrium. Out of the corner of his eye I noticed a child standing by the other window staring out at what appeared to be other children. Walking over to the window I noticed again there were no doors or windows into the atrium, and that I had not noticed the children through the other window. Deviating from the group, one of the children then approached the fence dividing between the two windows, not noticing either of us, and proceeded to squeeze himself through the bars of the fence. Unexpectedly an intense wave of fear over powered me, and I noticed the child next to me was experiencing the same. Moving to the other window where I had been only a moment before, I now realized that there were no children visible. Blinking I returned to the other window and saw the last of several children squeeze themselves through the bars also disappearing. In response to this the child standing next to me ran to his mother, who was sitting with a few of the other adults in plastic seating set up along the side wall. Though like the rest of the dream there was something amiss, most mothers would take note of their child's clear state of fear, but this one did not. She stared back coldly only taking note of the most obvious qualities of her child. Turning back I looked at the now empty atrium and noticed my reflection in the window. To my surprise I realized I was only an adolescent. Confused I excused myself from the room and made use of a restroom. Examining myself in the mirror I confirmed the change. No longer was I the leader I remembered but a mousy child. My mind was racing and compounding my disturbed state I suddenly realized that transposed in reverse on the mirror were the exact content's of my thoughts. Eyes widening, I ran from the empty bathroom, and returned to the now mostly empty exhibit room. Of the fairly large crowd that had been gathered there, only that particular mother remained. Approaching her I asked, "Where are the others?". She gave me a perplexed look as if I had just asked what her gender was. Seeing I was sincere she responded.

"The went to see it." Confused at the lack of detail I suddenly heard a shriek and the young boy I had seen earlier came running to his mother form the hall I had been in. Watching them she pretended not to take notice of me. "What happened?" she asked in that same harsh tone.

"Mom don't make me go back... Please" The child was exasperated. She looked at him with a scowl.

"Don't give me that, all the others went to see; now you have to."

"No... then you come with me."

"I already went to see, now you have to." She paused. "Look he hasn't gone; he can go with you." She pointed at me. My eyes widened suddenly, but not wanting to look like a child I nodded. The kid turned to me and followed me. Once out of earshot of the mother I turned to the kid.

"Eh... so what is it?" The kid just shook his head. We proceeded down the hall; and as we did so I took note of the dingy nature of the white tile, and filthy brown floor. Realizing that I didn't hear his footsteps anymore I turned around to find that he was gone. Looking up I stopped; eyes fixed, staring into eyes of another. Dressed in a black robe a tall figure stood its face and body painted in gold and green specks glimering at random points. Suddenly an irrational fear suged through me. I could move, I couldn't think.

[ooc]End of First Person[/ooc]

Ryn Bolted upward. Like most dreams his lacked a certain coherence but the underlying feeling of it left him spooked. Looking out at his balcony his breathing slowed. His eyes then turned to his desk, noticing a small box made of polished wood. Sighing he lifted the covers off himself and walked over to the desk. Staring down at the box he was suddenly unnerved... etched on the box was the same glyph he had seen in the room. Lifting the lid off the box he stared down at a pendant. Lifting it from the box he stared down at a silver pendant trimmed with what appeared to be gold. Inlaid in the center was a Spessartine core, and engraved onto its body an Imperial five toed dragon. Staring at the dragon he looked into its eyes, they glowed green, and dissipated. Unnerved he replaced the pendant and left his room.