Wine Vs Gems?

Velocity111

Question... If I had all the improvements, what would be better? Wine or gems?

My question I guess is really would the .5 happiness from wine every be better than the 1.5 dollars from gems? .5 happiness would normally equate to 1 dollar. But with improvements (the population income percent modifying ones specifically) would the 1 dollar be increased to more than 1.5 dollars? And would the 1.5 dollars be modified by the improvements or no?

yes the 1.5 dollars are improved too

wine=silver < gems

Wrong...

Only happiness is improved by the improvement bonus. The 1.5 dollars are simply an extra +1.5 per person.

With the full improvement set, wine is better than gems, which is better than silver.

Wrong...

Only happiness is improved by the improvement bonus. The 1.5 dollars are simply an extra +1.5 per person.

With the full improvement set, wine is better than gems, which is better than silver.

no

without any improvement bonus is 1 happiness = 2 dollar.

they are completely equal

maybe u should check the top 100 rankings and see how many have wine or gems....

EDIT::

Others claim that all monetary bonuses are multiplied by the improvement percentage. If this is the case, then gems is slightly better than wine. However, here are the results of my tests.

This formula was derived around 150 days ago, from my experimenting with different trade setups.

no

without any improvement bonus is 1 happiness = 2 dollar.

they are completely equal

maybe u should check the top 100 rankings and see how many have wine or gems....

Ok, that doesn't quite make sense.

1 happiness is 2 dollars without any improvments. With 1 bank, it is worth 7% more or 2*1.07, making 1 happiness worth $2.14.

Improvements of the same type stack, so with 5 banks you have to multiply the 2 dollars by 1.35 to get the value of one happiness point. That would be $2.70 per happiness point. Now we take the other improvements that add percentage to your income, such as schools, universities, foreign ministries, and harbors. This becomes 1.35(banks)*1.25(schools)*1.16(universities)*1.05(FM)*1.01(harbor) = 2.076. That means every happiness point is worth 2 dollars times 2.076, or $4.15. This makes the extra 0.5 happiness point that you get with wine, worth a lot more than the 1.5 dollars that gems substitutes.

The total bonus for wine is 12.456 dollars. The total bonus for gems is 11.80 dollars.

I don't care what the top nations have/had. One of the nations with the record for the most infrastructure has uranium, as a default.

Edited by Danielg42

Ok, that doesn't quite make sense.

1 happiness is 2 dollars without any improvments. With 1 bank, it is worth 7% more or 2*1.07, making 1 happiness worth $2.14.

Improvements of the same type stack, so with 5 banks you have to multiply the 2 dollars by 1.35 to get the value of one happiness point. That would be $2.70 per happiness point. Now we take the other improvements that add percentage to your income, such as schools, universities, foreign ministries, and harbors. This becomes 1.35(banks)*1.25(schools)*1.16(universities)*1.05(FM)*1.01(harbor) = 2.076. That means every happiness point is worth 2 dollars times 2.076, or $4.15. This makes the extra 0.5 happiness point that you get with wine, worth a lot more than the 1.5 dollars that gems substitutes.

The total bonus for wine is 12.456 dollars. The total bonus for gems is 11.80 dollars.

I don't care what the top nations have/had. One of the nations with the record for the most infrastructure has uranium, as a default.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, ive always been wondering wich one(if any) banks improve.

That's your speculation, that the $$ added by gems isn't multiplied by improvements. Personally, I think it is.

Unless you have definative proof that it doesn't, you're talking nonsense.

The cash bonus is also affected by improvements (banks, schools and universities), tested it myself when i bought a stock market.

Well there you go Danielg42, somebody who has tried it and proved you to be wrong.

Good job mate, thanks for settling this.

Gems > Wine

I only know the bonus applies for Stock Market, which is a wonder, not a resource; i haven't done any more research further than that.

But if Wine would be better than Gems, it means that Silver would be the worse, and i have silver and furs :lol:

I'd just like to add that I have confirmed (with both wonders and resources, multiple times) that the income-improving bonuses apply both to happiness and base income. 1 happiness = $2 base income always - any bonuses such as the ones from banks and schools apply after.

Well there you go Danielg42, somebody who has tried it and proved you to be wrong.

Good job mate, thanks for settling this.

Gems > Wine

Hmm... I tried it myself back when I setup my trade circle and found that Wine increased my income more than Gems did, which made me derive my forumla.

Keep in mind it was 140+ days ago though and CN has had some pretty hefty changes, including Global Radiation being brought back. So my information was provided in complete innocence, with no malice intended toward the readers.

I'll edit my post to warn people that others have provided current information.