Welcome to the RIA/TJO Fantasy Football League

King DrunkWino

Tonight marks a special night in the US. No, it's not a Presidential Birthday nor any sort of day of remembrance. It's something much more important. Tonight marks the start of the NFL, or as it's commonly known abroad, Armored Wankerball.

With the start of the NFL, another game begins anew. That's right folks, it's fantasy football time. Stat monkeys everywhere are rejoicing as they get ready to watch 300 pound men that can run 40 yards in under seconds smash into each other with enough force to simulate a car crash. This year however, we're bringing something special to the table. Members of The Jedi Order got toghether with members of the Random Insanity Alliance along with a brave soul from CRAP and decided to not only participate in the wonderful world of living vicariously through others, but to share our exploits with you. As such, it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to: The RIA/TJO Fantasy Football League.

rianjoflag1withborder.png

First up, representing the stat geeks of The Jedi Order:

Jedi

Srqt[TJO]

- Managed by: Doitzel...no that's not it, Azural..no, that's wrong too. It's that King_Srqt dude.

Hoping for T.O.

- Managed by: Hoping from TJO

Bourbon Beardogs

Managed by: Yours truly (as a side note, true to my name I was drunk off my $@! when drafting. Hurray for the start of NCAA football.)

The Jagged Fels

- Managed by - you guessed it Jagged Fell

And in the maroon corner, representing the pride and shame of the RIA (and a little CRAP,)

Cactuars

Jenne RIA

- Not a dude, seriously. Don't make the mistake of asking for boob pics as harry man boobs cannot be unseen. *shudder*

Reagan Smash

- Nobody has any idea on who the hell this guy is. As such, I'm gonna go with: Managed by the ghost of Ronald Regan.

South Beach Turtles

- :wub: Leonardo. He asked me to write a lot on him but not to get it all word censored out, so there really isn't much more I can say besides I :wub: that crazy sonofa!@#$%.

constapatedape[CRAP]

- Just like the name says folks. Being a former RIA member, I can tell you there's a whole lot of love between the RIA and CRAP and the fact that a member of CRAP is just more of it and not at all because we couldn't find another RIA'er. Nope, no sir.

Week one matchups (for entertainment and no betting purposes at all, really ;) )

We start off with all divisional matchups:

First up, DrunkWino's Bourbon Beardogs face Sqrt's ummm, team?

The um, Sqrts are a 4 point favorite here and are led by Peyton Manning at QB, a formadable duo in LT and Marion Barber at RB and Wes Welker and Braylon Edwards at WR. The Beardogs are led by the great one himself Drew "Breesus" Brees. WR's include Steve Smith, Hines Ward, and Lance Moore. At running back Frank Gore leads the way with Reggie Bush and Johnathan Steward joining him. The Beardogs are also using a very unorthodox strategy of starting three tight ends, Dallas Clark, Greg Olson, and Jeremy Shockey. (Yeah, I know that's a lot of New Orleans Saint players. I'm a homer. Bite me.)

Next up: The Jagged Fells vs Hoping for TO

Hoping for TO opens up as a 12 point favorite in this one. The Fells are counting on Tony Romo (those poor !@#$%^&*,) Randy Moss and Matt Forte to bring home enough to stop Hoping's squad that includes Philip Rivers, TO (big surprise there,) Calvin Johnson, Chad Ochocinco, and Michal Turner. Oh, and Jagged? If you happen to see this before Sunday, Pierre Thomas is very questionable to play Sunday. There's my freebie for ya.

Opening up the Cactuars league are is our *game of the week* as The South Beach Turtles battle the Jenne - RIA, ummm Harry Man Boobs?

The Harry Man Boobs are a 2 point underdog as Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, Reggie Wayne, Tom Brady, and fantasy stud Lee Evans combat the Turtles Carson Palmer, Larry Fritzgerald, Greg Jennings, Kevin Smith, Darren Sproils, and rookie Beanie Wells.

Last up this week finds Regan Smash taking on constapatedape[CRAP]'s Pride of CRAP.

constapatedape[CRAP] has a 8 point advantage on paper as his squad of Kurt Warner, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, TJ Whosyourmama, MJ Drew and Brandon Jacobs face Aaron Rodgers, Anquan Boldin, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Bryant, Adrian "Purple Jesus" Peterson, and Chris Johnson.

That's all for this weeks show. Tune in next week; same thread but probably different time as we look at how week one played out and get you all set up for week two. Plus, if you're into hanging out and talking fantasy football in general, you can find our league home on coldfront at #RIATJOFFL

Yeah me!

I have been searching the forum to figure out who Reagan is. I know he has the family guy Reagan smash pic as his avatar (hence the name), but damned if I can remember who it is. Get active dude!

Edited by Jenne

I have been searching the forum to figure out who Reagan is. I know he has the family guy Reagan smash pic as his avatar (hence the name), but damned if I can remember who it is. Get active dude!

I believe this is who you are looking for:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=6323

Hoping for T.O.

89.00 Final

The Jagged Fels

South Beach Turtles

119.99 Final

Jenne - RIA

constapatedape[CRAP]

112.92 Final

Reagan Smash

Bourbon Beardogs

135.26 Final

Srqt[TJO]

There are the results. I dont have time to make fun comments on them....plus I lost so I have to dive into a deep depression. My only joy comes from Srqt being in last place

Another exciting week in the FFL. Leo finally got his first win. Jenne got a catch by Reggie Wayne on the Colts last drive to push him over the top. Only one undefeated team left, and I shall surely beat him this week.

Jenne - RIA

Reagan Smash

The Jagged Fels

Bourbon Beardogs

South Beach Turtles

constapatedape[CRAP]

Srqt[TJO]

Hoping for T.O.

Jedi

1. The Jagged Fels 3-0-0

2. Bourbon Beardogs 2-1-0

7. Srqt[TJO] 1-2-0

8. Hoping for T.O. 0-3-0

Cactuars

3. constapatedape[CRAP] 2-1-0

4. Jenne - RIA 2-1-0

5. South Beach Turtles 1-2-0

6. Reagan Smash 1-2-0

Edited by Jenne

• 2 months later...

After a long and hard fought season, four have emerged to battle for the championship.

1. The Jagged Fels (12-2) - Dominated all season, putting together an impressive 10-0 record before finally being beaten.

vs.

4. Constapatedape (8-6) - Had an up and down year, but had a clutch win in week 14 to make the playoffs, knocking out the Bourbon Beardogs.

2. Hoping for T.O. (10-4) - Riding an impressive 8 game win streak, including a win against the then undefeated Jagged Fels in week 11.

vs.

3. Jenne - RIA (8.6) - Struggled early, but made an impressive comeback, winning his last 3 games, including a win against the #1 seed in the final week of the season, to nab the RIA division title.

Actually, the guy with Chris Johnson didnt make the playoffs. He had AP too, and managed to go 3-11.

2 questions:

1) How do you let a guy get both CJ and AP on the same team?

2) How does this team only go 3-11? It takes a "special" person to have those 2 be your RBs and go 3-11

EDIT: Grammar fail

Edited by Lord n00b II

I didnt actually notice that before, but its pretty incredible. He had AP, CJ and Rodgers who was one of the best values this year. But he did have the second lowest point total this season so he deserved to lose.

As for the playoffs, I would have trash talked more earlier, since I am on an 8 game win streak and all...but I happened to be lucky enough to play against both Wayne and Austin this week...so I am already down by 40.

2 questions:

1) How do you let a guy get both CJ and AP on the same team?

2) How does this team only go 3-11? It takes a "special" person to have those 2 be your RBs and go 3-11

EDIT: Grammar fail

Still not sure how that was allowed to happen. What's almost more amazing is that Johnson was the 15th overall pic.

But, he had an awful collection of receivers. When the best you have is Bernard Berrian, you know you are in for a rough year.

Still not sure how that was allowed to happen. What's almost more amazing is that Johnson was the 15th overall pic.

But, he had an awful collection of receivers. When the best you have is Bernard Berrian, you know you are in for a rough year.

Clearly that person wasn't checking the waiver wire. There were many great receivers to be had if you moved quickly (Steve Smith, Miles Austin, Sidney Rice) off their big games and looking for matchups on the less than glamorous names every week, like Mohamed Massaquoi against the dreadful KC D this week.