Malvinian Annual "ask the Premier" conference

Zoot Zoot

OOC, basicly this is just a Q+A to ask the Premier anything you want to know bout policies our military etc our stances on stuff and it also gives you lot a good gauge of my nation ICly.

IC

Premier Barney strode out into the lights of the Theatre and stood behind the podium in his best pressed black army Fatigues from his General days..." i really gotta stop wearing this damn uniform, im a politician not a goddamn squaddie" he thought silenty in his head as his eyes scanned the crowd.

"Welcome guests to the Isla De Malvinas, I hope you find your stay pleasent in our Island and i hope you find this conference enlightening in regards to my government and country.

There is no restrictions on what can be asked but if i deem it too... revealing so to speak ill simply stay pass, so please... ask reasonible questions"

Barney let out a silent whoop of releif inside his mind after breaking the ice, and then he spotted the first hand...

Edited by Zoot Zoot

A Zarghathian reporter was the first to ask a question.

- "Given the recent increase in Antarctican claims, is the Premier planning to alter the current Foreign Affairs policy? Will there be an 'Antarctican Bloc', so to speak, similar to the EU in Europe, or the AUP and Dragon Empire in Asia?"

His pen tapped on the edge of his notepad, silently cursing the fact that his laptop hadn't been able to cope with the average Antarctican weather.

A Zarghathian reporter was the first to ask a question.

- "Given the recent increase in Antarctican claims, is the Premier planning to alter the current Foreign Affairs policy? Will there be an 'Antarctican Bloc', so to speak, similar to the EU in Europe, or the AUP and Dragon Empire in Asia?"

His pen tapped on the edge of his notepad, silently cursing the fact that his laptop hadn't been able to cope with the average Antarctican weather.

Well, the Antarctic Federation, consisting of the Malvinas, Kitex and Top gear, could be considered such a block.

Does that answer your question sir?

The reporter wrote down some notes before replying.

- "It does. For my second question, will any means be implemented to ensure enough food remains available on the continent for Malvinias to sustain its population? With fairly large tracts of land being claimed so far, i'd expect problems in the long run as Antarctica isn't exactly known for its lush green fields."

Due to the proximity of "City 1", our antarctic settlement, to the sea. alot of the settlements food comes from the sea, and via aircraft from the mainland.

City 1s unique construction allows food to be ground INSIDE the compound becuase of the "greenhouse" like construction of the roof made from the same form of glass that greenhouses are made from.

This allows us to keep our citizens warm and grow our own food inside the compound with relative ease.

Mélissa Biassette, reporter for Le Parisien raised her hand. An idealistic journalist fresh out of college, she was sent to this distant nation by her superiors because they figured no one in France really cares.

"What will be the Premier's goal in foreign policy and domestic affairs? Is there anything in particular that you strive to achieve?"

The reporter scratched the back of his head for a moment. Greenhouses meant heat. Antacrtica -- pending several theories claiming there was landmass under the ice -- was made of ice, and to his knowledge ice and heat didn't go well together.

- "I see. Then my next question is of a more personal nature... With all the heat that is generated, how would you keep the ice "City 1" is built on from melting?"

He wouldn't be making notes for this answer, knowing that whatever the Marvinians had done would be mostly known to the people in the right professions, and the everyday people reading the paper he worked for wouldn't be interested.

the entire continant is not made of one giant icesheet.

there is a solid landmass way undernieth, which is why malvinian engineers have been working near a local granite deposit which is of a great size.. not quite so large to be a mountain more of a big rocky cropping... to create an underground network of homes.. a city underground as it happens which would be kept ventilated by a single large shaft and pump mechanism to suck air in and blow it out through an exit shaft.

the granite deposit is sound and is in good condition, but it being sured by by engineers for safety.

now before we chose the ground for the "city" we did area tests and took coresamples of the ice around, but found we couldnt because of a rock plataoe some 6 feet beneath the town which isnt a great drop on high, so we based the citys perimter of the center of the platoe beneith us, all homes are mobile homes converted for antarctic weather and can be moved in rouglhy 30 minutes or less and the compound walls are build to stand the melting of snow beneith.

Now the antarctic acts as a massive sun reflector because of its Whiteness, but because City 1 wont be white, the suns rays will be shining on it for up to 6/7 months at a time, making it possible for the "greenhouse" effect to take place, Not to mention our massive but Crude Solar Panels take in the suns energy and store them in Huge unground chambers in specially created batteries for the winter months.The windfarms provide our Day to day electricity uses.

Drain channels have been carved into the ice/rock for flood waters form melting snow/ice to run out of the town into the port area and back into the sea.

@ Mélissa Biassette

In answer to your question Our goal is to make life comfrtible for our citizens, avoid war and simply create a "utopia " of sorts.

Being a pacifist Nature on paper we prefer diplomacy over fighting, however sometimes diplomacy fails and we must go to war, IE.. the situation regarding the terrorist group "the faction" in Kitex.

now our goals for foreign policy are to simply.. co exist with other Nations, to get along with them and flourish as a country.

"It is better to be bad allies than worst enemies."

We dont interfere as a Nation in topics happeneing around the globe, but sometimes we do feel the need to add diplomatic pressure for the resolution of an issue.

However in regards to our close relations with Kitex, it wasnt our of our alliance with themw e have sent soldiers to Aid Kitex in their Internal Purging of the The Faction, it was out of friendship and a common enemy. The deployment of the 500 marines to Kitex was aprt of of a treaty, and the unwarrented attack on one of the marines fortresses last week killing 34 people was an unwarrented assault on our Nation and so the first army was deployed to Aid kitex.

Our domestic policies are as i stated, are just to make sure our citizens are safe and propser as a Nation. all measures are taken to ensure their safety in City 1, city 17 and city 18.

We also have a stance on "Clean" energy. we try to depend as little as we can on fossel and nuclear fuel.

all three of our Cities are ecofriendly and only the government representivies and emergencey services in the cities are allowed vehicles to cut down CO2 immisions.

The Military however is a slight let down, but electric powered tanks and jets arnt in our field of vision with the technalogical resitrctions.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

"What is the Malvinas' stance on the recent conflict between the CFNA and the RoB?" - DNN Reporter

i personally think President Biff is...not fit for control over ROB after his unprovoked assault on a feldging Nation.

His unprovoked assault clearly shows a weakness in his prowess, unless of course his PA is influencing him in... ways.

however, he is a north american problem. not a southern hemisphere problem.