Never forget your past

King Kevz

OOC: This occurs after Controlling the Tempest.

IC: The dress fitted perfectly over her body thought Sandra Klein as she twirled around again in the small dressing room with a smile. She had finally decided it was time to enjoy yourself some more after becoming the new calmer and more professional and buying herself a new dress or two was fitting. Plus she was sure Westly would appreciate her efforts as well.

She quickly slipped the dress off her body and put it back on its hanger before putting on her casual clothes and boots reverting back to any young woman again though the Katana blade that Master Hon-Ching had gifted her and that now hung on a scabard on her back made her stand out. It was a good thing she had a license for the weapon though as she had been stopped many times by the police but as she had told Westly she wouldn't go anywhere without it and he had agreed just as she knew he would. Taking the dress and its hanger she opened the dressing room door and stepped out.

Right into the barrel of a handgun.

"Hello Mrs Klein or should I say Valerie" said the man holding the gun to her face in a very serious and deep voice. The man himself wore a normal set of clothes but they couldn't hide the body armour that covered his torso and the way he carried himself meant he knew exactly what he was doing. "Do I know you?" asked Sandra raising one eyebrow as she looked over his shoulder to spot the other few men who were with him and who now had the staff members and other shoppers on the floor at gunpoint.

"Oh you won't know we personally but all of us are from Helzan and followed you with all we had. At least that was until you betrayed us and fled the nation leaving all of us loyal followers to the dogs!!!" spoke the man before her who must have been the leader and his statement shocked Sandra as she had almost fully forgotten about the business with Helzan, to her error it seemed. She brought both hands up before her to try and steady the man as he was quite clearly angry. "Look there is no need for violence here. Lets just put down the guns and talk about this quietly" Sandra asked carefully trying to calm down the man, unfortunately it had the opposite effect.

"Talk!! There is no need for talk all that matters is that you pay for what you did!!" screamed the leader as he brought the pistol round and smacked it into the side of Sandra's head knocking her to the floor with a cry of pain. Lying on the floor she reached up a hand and felt warmth spreading from just behind her ear and that mixed with the sharp pain she felt meant she was bleeding however, she didn't have time to think about it as the man grabbed her by her hair and lifted her head up before smashing her back into the nearby wall. "Oh I am not finished with you yet, I havn't even started" he laughed along with then other men in the room.

Unknown to them though the shop owner had managed to trigger a silent alarm and alerted the police authorities that the shop was in trouble and it should only be a short matter of time before they turned up to investigate the matter.

It had been an unusually quiet day at the police station. Only a few calls, all of them minor incidences that cold be cleared up within an hour or two, and a few parking tickets from the officers on patrol. Most of them sat quietly at desks or tables, sipping beverages and snacking on various items of food. A few wewre doing some paperwork.

However, the silent alarm jolted the inhabitants into wakefulness, like an anthill that had been kicked. Cups were set down with no heed to where their contents splashed, and food lay discarded as they mobilized.

Within two minutes a force of eight cars, each containing four officers, , along with a SWAT team, had been dispatched.

The coordinator, whom some might recognize as the former Supreme General Westly Davies, was not overly concerned. He was not currently aware of just who had been the target in this hostage situation.

That would change soon enough...

As soon as the Helzan terrorists heard and saw the SWAT teams pull up before the clothes store they each pulled up a hostage and placed them in front of them so that they stood before them and the police forces. The leader showing no fear of being shot pulled Sandra along with him to stand at the door of the building and had Sandra open it so that he could speak. "All right you pigs listen up we have hostages here and we will kill them all if you even try something" he shouted pressing his gun against Sandra's head to show how serious he was and making sure the Police couldn't react he pulled Sandra back inside, his message made.

Pushing her back he smiled in a way that made it seem as if he had already won, which Sandra didn't understand as he was surronded by Police forces and unless a miracle occured there was no way he or his men were getting out either alive or in cuffs. Seeing her expression the leader smiled again and leaned in to whisper into her ear "Don't you worry traitor all will be explained soon. Even if I die my brothers and sisters will make sure you are caught and killed".

As the SWAT team dispersed to their assigned positions, a few officers would notice Davies' already pale complexion go a shade whiter.

It didn't take much of a leap in logic to assume that it had something to do with the hostage the apparent leader had been holding.

He barely noticed the two individual clicks in his ear that indicated the SWAT snipers were in positon, one covering the front entrance, the other covering the rear of the building.

If the terrorists had been a little smarter, they might have realized that what they could see of the SWAT team would not be all that had been dispatched. The roof was always to be considered a viable entrance in these matters, and one-by-one, those members took their places as well.

Holding up a megaphone, Westly Davies licked his lips, his mouth having gone suddenly dry. His voice, however, was calm and collected.

"You must know you are surrounded. If you come out with your hands up and no weapons, you will not be harmed."

Sandra smiled as soon as she heard the voice of her beloved, with him on the scene there was no way he would let these men either hurt her or if they did hurt her there was no way they would escape. "You know you can't escape from here especially not with me beloved out there. If you give yourselves up now we can all leave here alive" said Sandra truthfully hoping that somehow she could get through to her captor.

The man shook his head in what seemed disbelief, pushing one of his hands through his hair before speaking to her. "You don't get it do you! We already know we won't leave here alive. All that matters is that you understand the suffering you caused to us. Do you know how many families were destroyed by your abandonment of us. How many sons and daughters left to try and follow you to where ever you had gone never to be seen again and then for those of us left behind we had to be accepted by the Dranagg our very enemies!!!" he shouted the anger and rage that he felt made very clear.

Sandra found she couldn't hold her gaze with his, it was as if he was looking into her very soul. "I didn't know it was so bad for you all. I thought you would be happy under Dranagg rule" replied Sandra quietly. "Happy!!" raored the man causing her to flinch slightly "Happy!! We followed you with question, we loved you and you turned your back on us and betrayed us. I should say I hate you but I don't even now after all these months I still feel some loyalty to you and the Helzan people" as he finished he stepped back and looked out the front window at the police units and nooded to his men. The message had been delivered it was time for them to make the sacrifice.

Then suddenly he felt a soft touch on his arm pulling him back and he turned to see Sandra holding onto his arm with a pained expression. "Please wait I am different now, I'm not the nieve young girl I once was. I know I must have dealt you all a great pain but we can still work this out. Don't go getting yourself and your men killed because of me" she said holding back tears. This wasn't what he had expected, he thought she was lying to save her own life in case he was going to kill her but one look into those eyes of her's and he saw she was telling the complete truth.

"There is nothing that can be done for me or my men here my lady but if you truly wish to make ammends for your past then the next time you are visited to a group of us give them this, they will understand" he took off a locket he was wearing and handed it to her and she carefully took it and barely noticed when he removed her hand from his arm. "Maybe there is hope for our people and maybe not but if you can bring back the Helzan then I wish you the best of luck my lady" siad her captor before he and his men burst out the front of the building firing their weapons and leaving a shaken Sandra behind to watch.

That was certainly not in the manual--they came out shooting, with no hostages. But he couldn't have been more proud of the officers under his 'command.'

Before the first casualty hit the ground, they were already behind cover and returning fire, knowing they had to neutralize the threat before anything could be done for the fallen.

When they could, they shot to disable rather than kill, but in situations like these, they didn't often have that choice.

From above, the one sniper that had a clear field of fire had more of a choice. Any shot from her that hit would ensure that the target was not going to be a threat for quite some time.

Even with the training that all Helzan citizens had gone through, it would likely be over quickly, though not without their own costs--already three more officers hgad been hit. it was unclear if they were dead or simply wounded.

Davies clenched his fists tightly, actually bringing more color to his hands as he unknowingly drew blood from his palms. He hadn't heard any gunshots before these people had stormed out, but there were other ways of killing hostages...

All except one of the terrorists had been killed by the gunfire directed thier way by the police officers and their rapidly cooling bodies lay in puddles of blood in the roadway before the store, the lone survivor still had enough energy to raise his handgun to his chin and put a bullet through his own head ensuring that he cxouldn't be captured and taken alive for questioning.

Once the gunfire had settled down the hostages had quikly picked themselves and ran out of the front doors straight for the waiting officers, almost all of them were crying and one woman was rapidly going into shock from the stress on her body and would require attention immediatly.

However, one hostage, Sandra, didn't coming running out instead she walked out in an almost daze like state her gaze sweeping over the bodies of the Helzan terrorists as they layed sprawled out. She didn't follow the other hostages and instead walked carefully across to each body and though she wasn't a true believer herself she made the sign of the cross above each terrorist and closed the eyes of those who had fallen with them open.

The paramedics had been placed on standby, ready to rush in as soon as the situation was resolved.

Even when the last terrorist committed suicide, the police were unsure, remaing behind cover until the hostages began streaming out. They stood up then, putting their weapons away, feeling fairly confident that it was over, and the paramedics were given the OK.

The fallen officers were checked first--two were dead, and shrouds placed over their bodies indicating their condition. Ther families would be notified later--and would never have to worry about income again. Compensation was provided for these families.

Four were wounded, two in serious conditon, and those two were immediately carried to the awaiting ambulances.

The woman going into shock was gently urged onto a stretcher and also carried to the ambulance, where they could treat her more effectively.

One paramedic noticed Sandra was in awhat seemed like a daze, but befwas hastily pushed aside by Davies, who manbaged to close the distance between them asjust as she closed the eyes of the last of her former captors.

"Are...are you OK?" he asked, tentatively, as he reached out a hand to touch her gently.

Sandra turned to face Westly as she felt his hand come to rest on her shoulder and by reflex she brought her own up to grasp his for support. She looked from Westly's stricken face down to the face of the Helzan terrorist leader, "He was from Helzan Westly, he called me a traitor after I left those people behind and fled for my life and you know what he was right. I left those people behind without a second thought" she said as she pulled out the locket that the terrorist leader had given her and flipped the lid open.

Inside was a very small picture of herself back when she led the Helzan along with a very small picture of the old Helzan flag, closing the lid and holding the locket close to her chest she blew out a breath to clear her head before turning to embrace Westly tightly. "There are more of them out there Westly, more Helzan who are homeless and without family all because of me. They ar looking for revenge but maybe I can help them, find them a home and another family. Get them back together as one. Thats if it doesn't kill me" she said with a short laugh.

He smiled wanly as he returned the hug. "They will have to be dealt with, one way or another," he acknowledged, gently leading her away from the bodies of the dead. "Whether through violent or peaceful means."

Almost as an afterthought, as though thinking out loud, he wondered. "I never did understand why you left them, though."

He smiled wanly as he returned the hug. "They will have to be dealt with, one way or another," he acknowledged, gently leading her away from the bodies of the dead. "Whether through violent or peaceful means."

Almost as an afterthought, as though thinking out loud, he wondered. "I never did understand why you left them, though."

"We can't use violence Westly, if we do I fear that it will lead to more deaths instead I will have to talk to them and see what they want and make sure we reach a common goal" she said running a hand through his hair and kissing him on the cheek with a smile. She didn't really care that people watching them might be bothered by the massive age difference, with love age and looks should truly mean nothing.

His last question though caught her by surprise as it brought up some memories she preferred to forget forever. " I left because I was afraid for my life after the attack by Dranagg. So I fled the nation in haste, not even leaving someone behind to run it after I was gone and so it fell apart and got many killed" she replied as they came to a fountain where they sat down and she stroked the water in a circle with her middle finger.

"You know the woman I am now is much different to the young girl I was then and whilst I know there have been a lot of people in my life that have helped me there has been two main people who have been the most helpful. There has been you my love. You who has been my strength and stability, the one person who I can always trust and rely on and then..." she laid back looking up at the puffy clouds in the sky before continuing "and then there was Sarah Tintagyl. She who inspired me, who was my idol and who is now sadly missing. I really miss her Westly I was sure we were friends and now I don't even know if she is alive. God I hope she is okay".

He frowned thinking that it might lead to more death, but once they were dead, they couldn't harm anyone else. Ever the pragmatic soldier was he, even in retirement.

But he didn't actually say it. It wasn't what she would want to hear. And he wasn't going to force her to do anything--not that he could, now, even if he wanted to. And even that thought was banished when she kissed him. He, too, was no longer bothered by the age difference. And also, even if someone watching were offended--they were both of a legal age to decide for themselves what they wanted.

What he hadn't expected was so forthright an answer to his last question; he listened without interrupting as she explained. He absently noted the soft tinkling of the droplets from the cascade hitting the surface of the water in the fountain, but his main focus was the woman sitting on the edge. He would have remained standing himself, but felt a moment of dizziness that forced him to sit next to her. Perhaps it was better that way.

He smiled when she named him as one of the two people who'd helped her the most.

"Yes, I know very well people can change. I'm not the man I was when I was just of age. For one, I was not as even-tempered as I am now."

At the mention of Sarah Tintagyl, his smile grew strained, from memories better left unspoken. "The Lad-no, I keep forgetting she's not that anymore. I'm sure Miss Tintagyl is still alive somewhere."

A package arrived in the mail.. it was for Sandra Klein and Westley Davies.. inside were two pendants. Each one different from the other, but similar. As each picked up a pendant, their eyes would glow green, then return to normal brass. The design on the pendant was an Imperial Five Toed dragon interwoven to a Celtic Knot.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"I hope so to Westly, lets head home. I feel quite tired after all of today's events" replied Sandra as she got up and linked her arm through Westly's before leading him to a nearby taxi and helping him in to the vehicle. Once she had climbed in beside him she directed the driver to take them to Westly's mansion, their home as quickly as possible. The journey itself didn't take very long and she spent most of it with her arms wrapped around her beloved.

On arriving she helped Westly out the taxi and then paid the driver giving him a fairly generous tip, before once again linking her arm with Westly's and gently walking along to the mansion entrance enjoying the sun that had reached its peak in the sky. "Excuse me Mrs Klein, Master Davies you have a package waiting for you" stated a servant who had walked out to meet them with two packages in her hands.

Sandra took the one meant for her and turned to Westly, "I'm going to go lie down for a moment. I guess I will catch you later" she said blowing a kiss to him before stepping into the shaded interior of the mansion and heading for the bedroom. She had meant to undress before falling asleep but all she managed to do was open the package and smile at the beautiful pendant it contained before darkness covered her eyes and she fell asleep on to the bed the pendant still clutched in her hand.

Her dream would be surreal. She stood on a colorless landscape only having shapes. It appeared to be her homeland of Laos. In each person she saw a small flame.. there were two shades, one for male.. another for female. They all seemed to culminate to a much larger flame in the distance across the sea where the new governors of Laos resided. The landscape shifted.

She now found herself in Dragonisia.. a state in which she was now a citizen. All the people had two shades of small flame within them again as in Laos, but of different colors. Inside her was the same flame which matched the color of the flame of the women.

Finally, she found herself inside the Temple where Maelstrom's body lay. At the center was the Great Imperial Dragon. Its entire body was illuminated in the flame that occupied the males. Next to it stood the silhouettes of Tidus and Beth Wihelm. Both of them were completely engulfed in the flames. A few feet from Maelstrom's body where the grave of his wife lay and her memorial statue stood, the statue was again completely consumed in the flame as was Beth, the color of the women's spirits.

The statue of the Imperial Dragon at the temple's heart then started to animate and danced in the illumination of the fire, the words boomed through the Temple, "Until you may forge your own destiny.. share in the strength of our spirit. When you are strong.. you will free yourself of the soul forge..." She then found herself staring at the ceiling.. it was morning.

A package arrived in the mail.. it was for Sandra Klein and Westley Davies.. inside were two pendants. Each one different from the other, but similar. As each picked up a pendant, their eyes would glow green, then return to normal brass. The design on the pendant was an Imperial Five Toed dragon interwoven to a Celtic Knot.
"I hope so to Westly, lets head home. I feel quite tired after all of today's events" replied Sandra as she got up and linked her arm through Westly's before leading him to a nearby taxi and helping him in to the vehicle. Once she had climbed in beside him she directed the driver to take them to Westly's mansion, their home as quickly as possible. The journey itself didn't take very long and she spent most of it with her arms wrapped around her beloved.

On arriving she helped Westly out the taxi and then paid the driver giving him a fairly generous tip, before once again linking her arm with Westly's and gently walking along to the mansion entrance enjoying the sun that had reached its peak in the sky. "Excuse me Mrs Klein, Master Davies you have a package waiting for you" stated a servant who had walked out to meet them with two packages in her hands.

Sandra took the one meant for her and turned to Westly, "I'm going to go lie down for a moment. I guess I will catch you later" she said blowing a kiss to him before stepping into the shaded interior of the mansion and heading for the bedroom. She had meant to undress before falling asleep but all she managed to do was open the package and smile at the beautiful pendant it contained before darkness covered her eyes and she fell asleep on to the bed the pendant still clutched in her hand.

He nodded. Yes, it was time to go home. His officers knew how to handle this affair, and so he left it in their capable hands, stopping only to let the Captain in charge know he was leaving.

Once at the mansion, though, as Sandra took her pendant from the package, and went upstairs to the bedroom, he stared at his curiously. He took his pendant and stared at it curriously...noting the glow of the eyes. But he shook off the wierd feeling it gave him, and tucked it around his neck as he also went upstairs to sleep.

OOC: BTW, is it all right if we assume they are married by now? :D If so, I would like to have had Maelstrom perform the ceremony, and the old President Jackson serving in lieu of her father. (You know, the man who 'gives the bride away?' :D)

ooc: That's fine by me if that is what Kev wishes.

Westley had a very similar dreams to Kevz.. the difference was that he held a blue flame.. a small one.. different to everyone else in Dragonisia save other visitors from Promised Land.

OOC: Puts on whiny girly pleading voice. "Oh but I wanted a big event, with flowers and gifts and guests. And there would be dresses and stuff and cakes and food....

:P

Nah its cool lets go along with them being married and sure Subtle you could have whatever you wanted.

Westly Davies could not quite comprehend what he was experiencing. Was it a dream? Was it real? Or was it something else entirely?

But there was nothing else he could do but watch, and listen, as he was taken along for this ride, first in his own homeland, then to Dragonisia, and from there to the Temple which housed the mortal remains of Maelstrom Vortex.

The entire experience grew more and more surreal, especially the voice, which made his hair stand on end, or at least it felt like that. he woke with both heart and mind racing...

ooc: That's fine by me if that is what Kev wishes.

Westley had a very similar dreams to Kevz.. the difference was that he held a blue flame.. a small one.. different to everyone else in Dragonisia save other visitors from Promised Land.

OOC: Puts on whiny girly pleading voice. "Oh but I wanted a big event, with flowers and gifts and guests. And there would be dresses and stuff and cakes and food....

:P

Nah its cool lets go along with them being married and sure Subtle you could have whatever you wanted.

OOC: We can always RP the past, you know. ;)