Factor casualties into the flag winner

Since TE was intended to be a more aggressive version of CN we should factor casualties into the formula for who "wins"

I propose we use (Nation Strength Rank + Casualty Rank) / 2 to determine an overall ranking.

Nation Strength is just an arbitrary number and it does not best reflect who played the most effective round in TE.

If you finish #1 in NS and #9 in casualties your overall rank is 5, if you finish #6 in NS and #2 in casualties your overall rank is 4 and the ruler with the highest overall ranking is declared the winner.

Simply put the nation who finishes #1 in NS with minimal attacking and defending casualties does not embody the true spirit of TE as much as the high NS nations who really mixed it up.

This would be a major disincentive for avoiding war for nations with high NS.

Umm... Having more casualties means you're playing the game wrong. Less casualties are always better.

Nation strength is fine for determining nation leading skill - which is what should be factored.

Wrong. High casualties with low Nation Strength means you got stomped and you are playing the game wrong. High Nation Strength and low casualties means you have avoided battle and focused solely on infra and you are playing the game wrong. High Casualties and High Nation Strength means you are playing TE absolutely right and you have excelled in both nation building and warfare.

• 1 month later...

Still, war can reap its own benefits like tech, land and cash. So I do not think there is a need to put an actual ranking on casualties farther than a position in the Awards section.

I checked half an hour before reset: The nation on #1 at that moment had a total of 0 casualties!

I don't think that the goal of CN:TE is to show the world that you are the best nation builder, this is the War version of CN.

OK, it is not his fault that nobody declared war, but fighting skills an fighting results should/could be taken in account to calculate the ranking.

BTW: congratulation to the winner of last round.

Umm... Having more casualties means you're playing the game wrong. Less casualties are always better.

Nation strength is fine for determining nation leading skill - which is what should be factored.

Number of Soldiers Lost in All Wars. 1,356 Attacking + 636 Defending = 1,992 Casualties

Casualty Rank: Ranked #1 of 2,062 Nations (0.05%)

Does this mean I am doing it wrong?

Edit: And its only day 2.

Edited by Desperado

The problem with this idea, even if it were implemented, is that it's easy to inflate casualties at the top ranks at the endgame, simply by buying full soldiers each time you're nuked. Hiring soldiers and placing them at ground zero to be irradiated isn't tactically sound at all, and shouldn't be rewarded. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Since TE was intended to be a more aggressive version of CN we should factor casualties into the formula for who "wins"

I propose we use (Nation Strength Rank + Casualty Rank) / 2 to determine an overall ranking.

Nation Strength is just an arbitrary number and it does not best reflect who played the most effective round in TE.

If you finish #1 in NS and #9 in casualties your overall rank is 5, if you finish #6 in NS and #2 in casualties your overall rank is 4 and the ruler with the highest overall ranking is declared the winner.

Simply put the nation who finishes #1 in NS with minimal attacking and defending casualties does not embody the true spirit of TE as much as the high NS nations who really mixed it up.

This would be a major disincentive for avoiding war for nations with high NS.

What if there is a tie? who would win in (#1 NS, #2 casualties) vs (#2 NS, #1 casualties)?

Good idea though.

• 4 weeks later...
What if there is a tie? who would win in (#1 NS, #2 casualties) vs (#2 NS, #1 casualties)?

Good idea though.

Given that it's TE and as such Casualties > NS

The guy with #1 casualties would win.

I mean come on, #2 casualties means you weren't trying hard enough. TE is all about getting out there and mixing it up. Nation building alone is pointless (Unless your building for war/Nukes etc.) since it all goes away and we all get ZI'd/ND'd every 2 months anyway. what counts is doing damage.

ND = Nation Destroyed