Remove alliances and add bounties

ZKee1

So the current problem in TE now is it is a lot like SE: Big alliances who cannot be attacked. Also many people get attacked by 3 people at once, making it unfair.

My suggestion: remove alliances completely and make TE a real tournement: At the start of the round, each nation is issued a 'bounty' another nation which they have to attack. The bounty nation will also have you as their target. Nations can only declare war against their bounty, and bounties have to be simillar in terms of NS.

To 'defeat' a nation, you have to put him in anarchy, and you will recieve 1 win. A few days later (maybe 3-5), you will get a new bounty and have to attack them. Nations who have been defeated will have 7 days of recovery before being issued a new bounty. The winner of the round could also be calculated according to victories instead of NS to prevent the last few days of massive warring.

I think this would be better for TE as it would allow more wars without having to worry about being ****ed by other alliance members.

Some other points:

- Even if you have a bounty, you don't have to attack them immediatly, you could develop for a few days before attacking but at the risk that they will attack you first.

- The cost of wonders will probably have to be lowered in order for nations to be able to get them without spending all funds

- Maybe decrease military upkeep and increase the cap for nuke lauches ( maybe 2-3 days) to prevent instant nuke wins.

:D

So what, we are going to ban people who form alliances anyways? The problem is that removing alliance affiliations won't do squat. You would have to make it a rule that absolutely no one can ally with each other and the consequences for this would be a ban. Unless you are suggesting that, then this suggestion is pointless.

So what, we are going to ban people who form alliances anyways? The problem is that removing alliance affiliations won't do squat. You would have to make it a rule that absolutely no one can ally with each other and the consequences for this would be a ban. Unless you are suggesting that, then this suggestion is pointless.

Hmm... Maybe make it so you can't attack other nations other than your bounty; that'll get rid of alliances (they'd be no use) :v:

Hmm... Maybe make it so you can't attack other nations other than your bounty; that'll get rid of alliances (they'd be no use) :v:

Why not just leave it how it is? If you want to grow large without fear of tech raids, then join a large alliance. If you want to grow large with the threat of tech raids, then don't join an alliance at all. I don't see how it's much of a problem.

Sorry but I don't like this idea at all. Are you really suggesting we go one on one for the whole round? What if your bounty re-rolls or goes inactive. Ya spend the next few days building or waiting for what? Alliances are fun. No-one forces anyone to join. Wars are fun, more wars are even better fun. I see wars as a nation building technique.

If you really believe 3 on one wars are unfair then you need to learn and practice some more at war that's all. Personally I'd like more war slots.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus it is fun to have alliance wars. Tech raids and random wars are fun, but alliance wars are the best. This would eliminate one of the best parts of the game.

Let me lay out my bounty system:

Every nation has 2 targets and is targeted

Nat1 has target Nat2 and Nat3

Nat1 is targeted by Nat4 and Nat5

If you attack your target, you get a +2 happiness bonus for a day. It stacks, so you attack both targets, +4 happiness, but only for a day. So you have to collect the day you attack.

I do not know how the targets would be picked.

Keep the alliances, but this increases even war by making everyone a target and everyone an attacker.

Point A.) It would take a lot of upkeep, and re-coding to do such a thing.

Point B.) It in my opinion would defeat the purpose of the game. As it is it is a "real" tournament. Just because you're in an alliance doesn't mean you cant place in first place. And even if you're in a big strong alliance it doesn't mean you can't place last. The big thing with TE is that you cannot aid each other. That's what make it more of a tournament. </2cents>

• 1 month later...

I'm against this all the way. TE is for war and gaining war experience. Sure you can try a few economic experiments, but the bottom line here is to learn better ways of defending all you have worked so hard for in SE. Offensive, defensive, and alliance wars are necessary for this. As well as giving larger nations in SE the opportunity to break up the boredom by mixing it up a bit in TE. I'm really starting to grow tired of all the suggestions that in essence will turn TE into a kindergarten play pen. Like many many many other online games, TE has wars and enemies. Some larger and some smaller. Yes you may get attacked by more than one enemy. Is it fair? No. But just like real life, many things are not always fair. Also, there are times when you will be the one with your buddies jumping in to help. Just saying this, "Some days you're the dog. Other days you're the hydrant."