Buryatia deploys ‘strategic missiles’ to Novaya Zemlya

Imperator Azenquor

***Classified***

A civilian cargo ship docks at Novaya Zemlya’s eastern port. Plainclothes soldiers remove the cargo and transport it to its intended destinations as quickly and inconspicuously as possible.

At a port in Northern Buryatia, a military cargo ship departs on a course towards Novaya Zemlya.

===

***Public***

BCNA: Buryatia deploys ‘strategic missiles’ to Novaya Zemlya?

“Today, as part of integrating the Novaya Zemlya region into the national defense network, the military has announced a deployment of several strategic missiles to the province. These strategic missiles will ensure that Novaya Zemlya is well defended and is capable of countering external threats ranging from a missile attack to a nuclear strike.

As is customary, the military is relatively tight lipped about the nature of the deployment, but it has confirmed that the deployment will be done as early as next week. Anonymous sources have suggested that the military is deploying a long range nuclear capable ICBM with an operational range of more than 10,000km to the province, but the High Command vehemently denies this.

When asked to comment on the rumors that the missiles being deployed to Novaya Zemlya were nuclear capable missiles, the Army spokesperson said:

“It would be completely inappropriate for me to expand any further on the type of missile being deployed in the area. While we have the option of deploying our nuclear assets to Novaya Zemlya, we see no reason why we should comment on the nation’s nuclear program, or where the weapons from that program are deployed. We do take the opportunity to say that no nation in the region needs to be worried about this purely defensive deployment

The main aim of this deployment is to secure Novaya Zemlya. Our primary focus is to ensure that all of the necessary defensive systems are in place and fully functional to protect our citizens and our territory in Novaya Zemlya.”

When asked if neighboring nations were consulted prior to the decision to go ahead with the deployment, the Army Spokesperson replied:

“We have no reason whatsoever to inform any other nation about the details of what the military of the United Kingdom of Buryatia is doing on our own sovereign territory. This is an internal matter, and thus is not a matter for which we need to inform, or seek the approval of any of the nations in the region.”

Needless to say, we at BCNA will be monitoring the situation and will bring you more developments once we get them."-Reporter

***News Credits***

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The assertion that strategic and nuclear missiles are being deployed to Novaya Zemlya, just 20 km north of Slavorussia worries us. More worrisome is the fact that Buryatia doesn’t feel the need open a dialogue with it’s neighbors. Although it is their right to defend the island the weapons they’ve confirmed deploying are of an offensive nature, not a defensive one.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Although it is your right to defend the island the weapons they’ve confirmed deploying are of an offensive nature, not a defensive one.

The Empire of Krieg is full and ready to declare war if Nuclear weapons are being placed in an Offensive nature in relation to Russia. This is unacceptable and demands an explanation and clear statement these missiles are for DEFENSIVE uses only.

The Empire of Krieg is full and ready to declare war if Nuclear weapons are being placed in an Offensive nature in relation to Russia. This is unacceptable and demands an explanation and clear statement these missiles are for DEFENSIVE uses only.

"I suggest you retract your statement immediatly. Your nation has already been through a lot and Idon't think you or anyone else want more war. Also many nation's have nuclear weapons in this world and have proven their will to use them and whilst we disagree with these weapon movements threating war is not the way to do things".

"I suggest you retract your statement immediatly. Your nation has already been through a lot and Idon't think you or anyone else want more war. Also many nation's have nuclear weapons in this world and have proven their will to use them and whilst we disagree with these weapon movements threating war is not the way to do things".

The Empire of Krieg once threatend the world with Nuclear missiles in our past arrogance and anger, and has learned the hard way that doing so is a HUGE mistake and will only lead to problems.

We want clarification immediatly as we will not sit by while Russia is threatened with such weapons. We will stand by Russia 100%.

"Zargathia withholds from commenting, though wishes to stress that quite a few nations could and would declare war upon hearing of a wartime nuclear detonation, the recent situation with the Krieg being an excellent example."

The Empire of Krieg once threatend the world with Nuclear missiles in our past arrogance and anger, and has learned the hard way that doing so is a HUGE mistake and will only lead to problems.

We want clarification immediatly as we will not sit by while Russia is threatened with such weapons. We will stand by Russia 100%.

"By threatening war you are opening yourselves to a strike from Buryatia to silence the threat also even if these weapons are for an offensive nature they are perfectly allowed as they are on Buryatia territory not Russian territory. So again stand down before you get yourselves in deep trouble".

"Zargathia withholds from commenting, though wishes to stress that quite a few nations could and would declare war upon hearing of a wartime nuclear detonation, the recent situation with the Krieg being an excellent example."

Exactly what we are talking about. Once again we had to learn that by threatening other nations with Nuclear weapons is a huge mistake. We stress this upon the world not to let this happen again. As part of learning from our mistakes we must take every precaution to prevent further repeating the same mistakes, not only by us but by others.

"By threatening war you are opening yourselves to a strike from Buryatia to silence the threat also even if these weapons are for an offensive nature they are perfectly allowed as they are on Buryatia territory not Russian territory. So again stand down before you get yourselves in deep trouble".

That is the type of Nuclear aggression we are talking about. We still await the clarification.

Also per advisory of our allied/friendly nations through private channels we retract our immediate threat of war but will not hesitate to take action if these Missiles are posed and prepped for launch against Russia.

"If the Empire of Krieg threatens Buryatia with war then the Imperial Kingdom of Tasmania will be ready to assist Buryatia if they wish for any assistance".

The Empire would like to point out Tasmania's assitance in this Nuclear aggression.

We still await clarification of the purpose of these missiles.

Official response from the Zargathian Goivernment:

"To my knowledge, Buryatia has no intentions of declaring war on anybody, so please stop making it sound like they are. Having nukes is not nuclear aggression, they need to launch them first for it to count. Play nice now, both of you."

Official response from the Zargathian Goivernment:

"To my knowledge, Buryatia has no intentions of declaring war on anybody, so please stop making it sound like they are. Having nukes is not nuclear aggression, they need to launch them first for it to count. Play nice now, both of you."

This is the statement that worries us.

More worrisome is the fact that Buryatia doesn’t feel the need open a dialogue with it’s neighbors. Although it is their right to defend the island the weapons they’ve confirmed deploying are of an offensive nature, not a defensive one.
Edited by Colerich Krieg

"As one of Buryatia's actual neighbors, we feel the need to elaborate. Nuclear weapons exist mostly as a shield, a repellent against attacks simply for having it be known that the nation possesses them. Only in this way can these weapons be used defensively, and in doing so Buryatia is simply ensuring Novaya Zemlya will not be attacked by a rogue state."

"Most advanced nations own nuclear weaponry, including the ones that have mentioned to declare war on the first country actually using them. Having them does not equal using them, and Buryatia is in our opinion free to move its military assets around however it wishes."

"As one of Buryatia's actual neighbors, we feel the need to elaborate. Nuclear weapons exist mostly as a shield, a repellent against attacks simply for having it be known that the nation possesses them. Only in this way can these weapons be used defensively, and in doing so Buryatia is simply ensuring Novaya Zemlya will not be attacked by a rogue state."

"Most advanced nations own nuclear weaponry, including the ones that have mentioned to declare war on the first country actually using them. Having them does not equal using them, and Buryatia is in our opinion free to move its military assets around however it wishes."

We fully support the right to move nuclear missiles but using them in an offensive stance is unacceptable.

OOC: I know your not a native speaker of English, and want to make sure you understand the diffrence between Offensive and Defensive.

Offensive is the placing, arming, and prepping of said weapons to be USED against another nation.

Defensive is the placing, arming, and upkeep of said weapons to ONLY be used in the event the nation feels threatened by an invasion, at which point last miunte prepperations are made and then launched.

I would like to point out that this kind of offensive placement of missiles in a Soviet-USA Cold war era would bring about very harsh words and would very likely lead to war if the missiles were not deprepped down to Defensive status.

I advise everyone commenting to read up on the Cuban missile crisis and the cause and effects of Offensive Nuclear Missile placements in close quarters to another country.

"No, we fully understand the difference between offense and defense, thank you. Now, Buryatia has not shown any intention of prepping them for launch, and i doubt it will send the nukes to Novaya Zemlya that way. So far, all that they've said is that they were being moved and armed. Ergo, show us proof that they have the intention of actually using these weapons on a nation and we will be the first to acknowledge the placements were of an offensive nature. If you cannot... then i fear your claim is baseless."

"No, we fully understand the difference between offense and defense, thank you. Now, Buryatia has not shown any intention of prepping them for launch, and i doubt it will send the nukes to Novaya Zemlya that way. So far, all that they've said is that they were being moved and armed. Ergo, show us proof that they have the intention of actually using these weapons on a nation and we will be the first to acknowledge the placements were of an offensive nature. If you cannot... then i fear your claim is baseless."

OOC: Dont flame me ICly for an OOC comment which I was trying to make sure you understood because I knew you were not a native english speaker. Sorry if I offended you, it was also a more "This OOC comment goes to everyone" Kind of thing.

IC: The Slavorussian Empire made a public statement that these weapons were to be used for offensive purposes, and awaits comments from the Russian and Buryatia nations.

We fully support the right to move nuclear missiles but using them in an offensive stance is unacceptable.

OOC: I know your not a native speaker of English, and want to make sure you understand the diffrence between Offensive and Defensive.

Offensive is the placing, arming, and prepping of said weapons to be USED against another nation.

Defensive is the placing, arming, and upkeep of said weapons to ONLY be used in the event the nation feels threatened by an invasion, at which point last miunte prepperations are made and then launched.

I would like to point out that this kind of offensive placement of missiles in a Soviet-USA Cold war era would bring about very harsh words and would very likely lead to war if the missiles were not deprepped down to Defensive status.

I advise everyone commenting to read up on the Cuban missile crisis and the cause and effects of Offensive Nuclear Missile placements in close quarters to another country.

OOC: This is CNRP I suggest you don't use any Real Life examples as they have almost no similarities to what happens here in CNRP. Seriously we have already had a mini nuclear war before you joined and no one reacted that badly to it.

OOC: This is CNRP I suggest you don't use any Real Life examples as they have almost no similarities to what happens here in CNRP. Seriously we have already had a mini nuclear war before you joined and no one reacted that badly to it.

OOC: This game is fully based on real life diplomacy, wars, etc, and saying its not is absouletly foolish as everyone here RP's as it was the real world, with diffrent countries and leaders.

If CNRP is not based off of real word politics then please tell me what it is based off of. Also, saying "Nothing" Is no such answer as this RP has to be played off of some sort of rules of physics, physcology, and reason.

OOC: Dont flame me ICly for an OOC comment which I was trying to make sure you understood because I knew you were not a native english speaker. Sorry if I offended you, it was also a more "This OOC comment goes to everyone" Kind of thing.

IC: The Slavorussian Empire made a public statement that these weapons were to be used for offensive purposes, and awaits comments from the Russian and Buryatia nations.

are you a god damn native english speaker?

what cant you understand about the nukes simply being moved inside his own country.

christ almighty.

are you a god damn native english speaker?

what cant you understand about the nukes simply being moved inside his own country.

christ almighty.

OOC: Im not going to respond to your comments anymore because your flaming me for an OOC Statement/advice.

Yes, Im being an arrogant dick when it comes to the nuke IN CHARACTER, And I ADVISE YOU LEARN the diffrence between my IC and OOC statements. Theres a reason why Im acting that way IC. Im acting as my Leader would after the events of the past few days; Paranoid, edgy, and provoked.

Do you understand that now?

OOC: Wasn't a flame actually, i thought only the statement that i wasn't a native english speaker was OOC. Regardless, that would only drop the first sentence from my post, that being the one where i mention knowing the difference. The rest of the post still applies :)

IC:

"Correction, the Slavorussian public statement called them of an offensive nature. Though we agree that nuclear weaponry is inherently offensive, that does not mean that Buryatia's purpose for deployment is actual use. Their official statement mentioned them to be placed there as a means of protection, and although we understand the Slavorussians -- and other neighboring states, for that matter -- would see this as a motion of no confidence, that is still a far cry from actually entering the launch codes and plunging a nation into nuclear holocaust. Therefore, we state that as long as no proof is given that Buryatia is actually planning to launch them, it cannot be assumed that they were put there for offensive purposes."

OOC do not speak to me like im stupid krieg.

im far from it.

That comment was meant to me OOC but i forgot to write it in.

your overreacting too much. i bet russia and china move nukes around everywhere. but you dont get america all up in their face about it.

why dont you just stop being an arrogant dick in character and just spam another thread hmm?

christ almighty. like seriously.