New Earth Hotspots?

varses

When the new space wonders came out there was a general :huh: reaction to the Moon and Mars hotspots. It seemed rather irritating that the benefits from your wonder depended on your location and that the location would change every month. But it was something new and it was something different and I give kudos to Admin for adding something to keep the game fresh. However, when I read THIS post I knew that it had gone too far.

Earth hotspots? Please say it ain't so. I don't want to have to worry about changing the location of my nation every week to get a bonus. I like the fact that I can pay bills and collect taxes and be done with my nation on an average day (barring a loss of a trade). If I choose not to participate in the earth Hotspot bonus, it would be a severe handicap to my growth. This makes my only options are to keep on babysitting my nation's location or to fall quickly behind in the pack.

Not only that, but the learning curve to this game is already terrible. A major new feature like this will only make it steeper. As an observation, CN seems to have about 10,000 fewer player than when I played a year ago. The correllation between the intervening changes (which tend to focus on more real-time features) and the number of players is undeniable and may even indicate causation.

CN never was a dynamic game. It was a game where you can do absolutely nothing 23.5 hours a day every day of the year. With these new 'hotspots' CN is slowly becoming more and more of a babysitter wargame, not the political sim we know and love. Moon and Mars hotspots? Fine, they're new, something to keep older players interested, but Earth hotspots only make the learning curve steeper and, frankly, piss off a lot of long time players such as myself.

Edited by Varses