The Jewel of the Baltic

5074-749012.jpg

Excitement permeated the air in St. Petersburg at the Kronshtadt Imperial Naval Base today. More than two years after the Slavorussian navy was sunk in the Gulf of Finland, the Navy celebrated the launching of five new ships. The dedication and launch ceremonies were attended by a whose who of Slavorussian government and military officials. Tsar Justinian and Premier Medvedev both broke a bottle over the bow of each ship while the Patriarch of Moscow and all Slavorussia said a brief prayer.

The fleet consists of an aircraft carrier, and 4 destroyers. The Fleet expects to be expanded in the coming months as soon as more ships can be completed. Along with the expansion of the Baltic Fleet, the navy plans to commission a smaller fleet based in Rostov-on-Don, after the communist rebellion is ended.

b4b1ae80f8de7abdf962688477594553.jpg

Premier Medvedev said in a speech after the launching, “Today is a giant leap forward in Slavorussia‘s national defense. I look at this country today, and I‘m truly amazed. A few months ago no one would believe that the Slavorussian state would ever exist again, but we proved those naysayer’s wrong. Not only did the great state return, it went on to unify the people, strengthen the armed forces and forge new friendships with former rivals. The resilience our nation and our people have shown in the past few months is something we should all be proud of. ”

During the dedication the Prime Minister appointed Thomas Aberg, a hero of the Mariehamm War as the new Admiral of the Baltic Fleet. Admiral Aberg, formerly a commander of the Slavorussian Coastal Defense and Patrol Initiative received several decorations for his dedication to the country as well as his bloodless victory during the conflict. The Baltic fleet is scheduled to make several patrol runs in the gulf and before docking at the navy base at Kronshtadt.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

OOC: Second pic doesn't work.

IC:

"Bavaria congratulates Slavorussia on the expansion of its naval assets. Truly, your nation is hardy and resilient, surviving where others would not."

*Private to Premier Medvedev*

Perhaps we can take steps to strengthen a friendship between Slavorussia and Bavaria? We have always appreciated the role you've played against Nordland, a cliff standing in the face of a storm, resisting like few could. We would be proud to call your country our friends, and,possibly, allies."

Pax Pacis congratulates Slavorussia on their successful reconstruction of their navy.
New England congratulates Slavorussia on this monumental achivement. :D

Thank you. Hopefully as time progresses the Navy Jack will fly over many more Slavorussian ships.

Molakia hopes to conduct exercises with the Slavorussian Navy. Our Pilots wish to get Training on Carrier Landing and takeoff.

The Vindicator, the aircraft carrier is currently on a week long patrol in the Gulf of Finland. We'd be glad to conduct some naval exercises once it returns to port.

OOC: Second pic doesn't work.

IC:

"Bavaria congratulates Slavorussia on the expansion of its naval assets. Truly, your nation is hardy and resilient, surviving where others would not."

*Private to Premier Medvedev*

Perhaps we can take steps to strengthen a friendship between Slavorussia and Bavaria? We have always appreciated the role you've played against Nordland, a cliff standing in the face of a storm, resisting like few could. We would be proud to call your country our friends, and,possibly, allies."

Our Foreign Minister has been kept busy trying to negotiate with the CSSR, sadly as a result we pushed relations with Bavaria to the back burner, for that I am truly sorry. Now that the issue with the CSSR is being resolved we will definitely seek a stronger relationship with Bavaria.

OOC: Ahem... http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...c=45211&hl=

I just thought like awesome gravedig when I first saw the thread. :P

ooc: Lol, that would have been an epic gravedig.

ooc: If anyone cares I made a bunch of mistakes in my first thread.

1. Ingame I can’t support 4 destroyers at the moment. I don’t know if that matters at all to anyone but instead of it being 1 aircraft carrier and 4 destroyers it’s more like 1 aircraft carrier 2 destroyers, and 2 subs. I’ve also added 5 additional ships to the fleet.

2. Also In order to avoid violating the agreement with FGR and Drakoria, and the fact that Rostov City isn’t on the shores of the Sea of Azov, any southern fleet would be stationed near Taganrog. There I gave you some of my sekritz