Proxian Annexation

Proxian Empire

"As King Douglas of the Proxian Empire, I am pleased to announce that we have granted the independence of four separate nations (ranging from Wales to Normandy) in the past few days. This is good for the ever growing cultural diversity of Europe; a Europe as we see it was meant to be.

However, there are a select group of Celtic peoples that we cannot leave to chance. Presently, our Spanish and Portuguese territories are known as part of the Proxian Protectorate, but henceforth the Proxian Empire will be annexing the following region to protect the cultural and linguistic rights of the Celtic people who live in the Basque Region.

map-Basque.jpg

This territory is officially part of the Proxian Empire. We will continue to welcome other nations in the remnants of our protectorate as we see fit."

OOC: Basque != Celtic!!!

IC: The Nation of Selenarctos fails to see how annexing a people preserves the culture of said people, but does not wish to antagonize the Proxian Empire.

Edited by iKrolm

"We're quite unsure of how the Basques are related to the Celtics... but since it's Proxia's own protectorate, we will not oppose the move and let them do as they wish, although we find the reasoning given to the international community rather bogus."

OOC: I want to clarify that I am aware that in the real world the Basque Region is not Celtic. I am not implying this. In this fantasty RP this region is under my control, and therefore they are whatever I say they are ;).

OOC: That's what I kind of second-guessed, but I thought you didn't word it too clearly. >_>

IC: There is nothing bogus about our claims.

"Well, if you're talking about the Basque Country, one would assume it'd be mostly inhabited with... Basques, probably some Spanish and French as well. That's of course assuming that no demographic statistic is provided - since historically Celtic people have not inhabited the region, I'd reckon people would need some numbers in regards to the ethnic makeup of the area - it has changed, of course, but no one outside Proxia knows and thus will be left confused."

"Well, if you're talking about the Basque Country, one would assume it'd be mostly inhabited with... Basques, probably some Spanish and French as well. That's of course assuming that no demographic statistic is provided - since historically Celtic people have not inhabited the region, I'd reckon people would need some numbers in regards to the ethnic makeup of the area - it has changed, of course, but no one outside Proxia knows and thus will be left confused."

"As you are well aware, this area used to be under welsh administration. 93% of all the people asked in the last census claimed to be Celtic. As such, Wales congratulates her Celtic brother on this acomplishment. " ~ His Royal Highness, King Bryn I of Wales.

"As you are well aware, this area used to be under welsh administration. 93% of all the people asked in the last census claimed to be Celtic. As such, Wales congratulates her Celtic brother on this acomplishment. " ~ His Royal Highness, King Bryn I of Wales.

"Cheers, mate."