Trans African Defense Pact

Firestorm

The representative mutters something under his breath after the representative from Somal leaves. Then he addresses the remaining attendees of the meeting.

"And now it might be prudent to turn the topic of discussion here towards Somal. Its sudden withdrawal from the TADP combined with its threats to support the overthrow of sovereign nations, its upcoming military buildup (they've put out a public offer to buy large amounts of armored vehicles), and the fact that its leader was or is a simple warlord demands attention. In light of these events, I think Somal has become a security risk."

"I feel the same way. Something must be done before it is too late and Somal begins a dangerous expedition on Africa and threaten African stability."

"We also would like to hear what the Dragon Empire would like to say."

We also agree if somal is consigned to generate terrorism and unrest they have made themselves a threat.

*message to free somal*

The only interests we have to protect are those of our people, I am insulted and offended that you would accuse us of some plot; your accusations are nothing more than those of a backwards leader who refuses to accept the reality of the world. I have simply pointed out an alternative view and rather than being tolerant you have reacted. Moreover i'd like to point out that I (ooc my leader in africa) was born here, I am of African heritage and if anyone is "native" it would be me. I have led my people in this region with progressive policies seeking to transcend matters of race and national identity to pursue the true reality of the matter, that we are all human, and that no physical quality should define us.

Tell me what does it mean "to be African"? Regardless of what government you go to, the nation's leaders generally speak English, they were educated in western style education, they wear the attire custom of those in business, their militaries use English style ranks, we use the same system of math, we use american styled assembly lines, we use western central banking systems, we rely on western styles of law, we rely on western ideology and philosophy, we even have western created maritime admiralty law that dictates what occurs on the waters around our nations. the same numbers and the house of most of the world's wealthy is littered with foreign imports and any number of western products. This isn't a sign of European imperialism it is a sign of increasing modernity. Unless you intend to close down communication with the outside ban consumer goods, and go isolationist that is a simple fact of life.

We implore you to return to the discussion table, and to debate this like reasonable people; not to merely abandon diplomacy when it doesn't suit you, and resort to condemnable violence to achieve arguably racist goals. Moreover we'd like to point out the fact that guerrilla and terrorist movements rarely achieve their goals and generally result in merely the suffering of the people, an increases support for the government and ultimately a more powerful government with greater military powers. If you fund rebel groups you will only bring hardship, tyranny, and suffering down upon the native Africans in that nation. If you leave you will have their blood on your hands.

Edited by iamthey