Pyrrhic Victory

Sileath

To: Sileath From: Mary the Fantabulous Date: 6/12/2009 12:06:46 AM

Subject: Battle Report

Message: You have been attacked by Mary the Fantabulous. You lost 1,071 soldiers and 125 tanks. You killed 306 soldiers and 6 tanks. Their forces razed 3.989 miles of your land, destroyed 1.186 technology, and destroyed 10.838 infrastructure. Their forces destroyed $0.00 of your money and you gained $282,347.73 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

I lose land, tech, and infra even though I won the battle and some cash? Is this common? I've never had this happen before.

If you have low odds you can do what is commonly referred to as a "half attack" where you drop cash, but do 1/2 the damage in the other categories.

"Victory" is purely determined by who wins cash so in this case you "won" because you won cash.

To: Sileath From: Mary the Fantabulous Date: 6/12/2009 12:06:46 AM

Subject: Battle Report

Message: You have been attacked by Mary the Fantabulous. You lost 1,071 soldiers and 125 tanks. You killed 306 soldiers and 6 tanks. Their forces razed 3.989 miles of your land, destroyed 1.186 technology, and destroyed 10.838 infrastructure. Their forces destroyed $0.00 of your money and you gained $282,347.73 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

I lose land, tech, and infra even though I won the battle and some cash? Is this common? I've never had this happen before.

Looks like you have been on the end of an underdog attack

ie Mary attacked with very small odds,

The game lets nations in such circumstances stand a chance of gaining even if they loose the battle