Request to Viniland/Tahoe

Sumeragi

OOC: Its a passive transmission interception. Unless she had her own spies inside my country, there would be no way for her to know I even attempted. Its just like listening to the radio on a larger scale.

OOC: You were listening to an encrypted and classified radio passively?

OOC: Its a passive transmission interception. Unless she had her own spies inside my country, there would be no way for her to know I even attempted. Its just like listening to the radio on a larger scale.

OOC: My issue is that there's no IG ability to intercept transmissions, (PMs) and that this should be counted as a spy mission for gameplay mechanics.

OOC: My issue is that there's no IG ability to intercept transmissions, (PMs) and that this should be counted as a spy mission for gameplay mechanics.

OOC: If we are going to restrict ourselves to IG missions, then that would be a: pathetic, b: insulting. Think for a minute at what options we have in RP which can't be done IG, and then realize that SIGINT is a major RL intelligence factor, and we should be free to bring it through to CNRP.

OOC: You were listening to an encrypted and classified radio passively?

It was never marked encrypted. Classified simply means not known to the world. EDIT: The USA and a bunch of other nations do it all the time. Simply set up a big antenna, and bobs your uncle.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: If we are going to restrict ourselves to IG missions, then that would be a: pathetic, b: insulting. Think for a minute at what options we have in RP which can't be done IG, and then realize that SIGINT is a major RL intelligence factor, and we should be free to bring it through to CNRP.

OOC: We use many IG factors to determine hostile action, such as war, to keep things balanced. I believe interception of communications should fall under the same scrutiny.

OOC: I would like to note sumeragi cheated here by editing her OP to specify a cable transmission after I RP'd tracking a non cable transmission, and had a successful intercept rolled. Before it was not specified, and so I feel this move is a blatant god mod.

OOC: Sumeragi never indicated what kind of transmission it was. You simply assumed it must not have been cable.

OOC: People, I accept LVN catching my transmission, and there is no real way to track passive stuff.

Next time I'll make sure that I way cables everywhere.

OOC: OK then no more OOC is needed on with the sho.. um Roleplay.