Environment and soldier count

griffon502

I thought environment was affected by soldier count, not soldier effiency. But today after I bought 5 barracks, my environment increased from 4.5 to 5.5, then I decomed these 5 barracks and it returned to 4.5. Could this be an unfixed bug left over from the time when soldier effiency was the actual soldier count?

http://www.cybernations.net/game_update_log.asp

9-30-2007

- The citizen happiness penalty for having a soldier efficiency above 80% soldiers:citizens ratio has been updated. The penalty has been changed to use real solider numbers rather than solider efficiency levels. All other population happiness equations still use the solider efficiency number.

I expect this is what you refer to, but it only mentions Happiness, theres nothing specified about environment. I believe it was an unpublished effect, and is one of the 'All other equations' that still use the solider efficiency number.

http://www.cybernations.net/game_update_log.asp

I expect this is what you refer to, but it only mentions Happiness, theres nothing specified about environment. I believe it was an unpublished effect, and is one of the 'All other equations' that still use the solider efficiency number.

80%? I'm pretty sure I tested it a long time ago and my environment went up exactly when I passed the 60% mark.. or maybe I'm just delusional.

80%? I'm pretty sure I tested it a long time ago and my environment went up exactly when I passed the 60% mark.. or maybe I'm just delusional.

Sounds like you're confusing issues. There are two point at which penalties kick regardling soldier to citizen ratios.

The first point is once your soldier efficiency exceeds 60% of your total citizens. This triggers an environment penalty.

The second point is once your actual soldier count exceeds 80% of your total citizens. This triggers a happiness penalty.

One uses soldier efficiency and the other uses actual soldier count.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible

Nah, its possible.

You lose citizens the more troops you have, so if you have low troop numbers, the troop buying screen will tell you your max purchase is 80% of your citz.

If you buy that 80% in one hit however, once you lose the corresponding citizens, it puts you over the 80% mark.

Doing so gives you the "The armed forces of your nation are overly strong. This is making your population a bit uncomfortable." message.

Some other ways to do it are to get in 2000troops as aid once you are already close to 80%, by losing infra in bombing raids/CMs and keeping your troop level high, or by losing a pop boosting resource after having a high troop count.

Edited by Jack Shepard