Changes to TE...

Striker DCS

Nothing about TE can be changed without the admin stepping in and making the changes.

If you want a training area where all nations could learn how to grow and war on an equal footing then the way to do it would be to take out all alliances and treaties. I know this will be argued that it doesn't give you training for SE wars. But that is the problem..., we know it has turned out to be the problem in SE (boring) due to too many alliances and treaties and is reflected in TE. If you ask anyone what the problems are with both SE and TE you will find that most people agree they revolve around alliances and the many treaties. What has happened in TE is that alot of the SE alliances have just stepped into TE bringing all that crap with them.

Imagine 3500 or more individual nations all growing and fighting it out equally. No big alliances to dictate "how the game is played" and no treaties or bloc's that give those certain nations advantages that others don't enjoy. Many things are done by nations within TE that would not be done if they didn't have their alliance to back them up. Too many small, unaligned nations that join CN:TE soon quit when they are faced with fighting off huge AA's that are raiding them. How many nations go inactive and quit (ruining the game) simply because of how unfair the game is. Everyone knows the game is slanted in favor of whoever belongs to the largest alliance. You can tell this by how many people automatically join the largest alliance when joining the game.

I truly believe creating a CN with NO alliances or treaties permitted would be utterly awesome. It would give every nation that joins an EQUAL chance of being successful. The winner would be determined by sheer individual abilities and a whole lot of luck. Raids and wars would be thought out well, implemented carefully, and diplomatically resolved in most cases. It would be a real tournament experience.

I know that many people would be afraid to play in an equal setting, they need the comfort and protection that belonging to a huge alliance provides. But there are many nations (people) out there that would welcome the chance to play in an all-out "Nation Building Simulation" and forget about the "Alliance Building Simulation". We already have that and we already know how to do it... and most would agree it is boring and ruins the game.

This would require actual game changes taking out the pages and abilities to form alliances and rules regarding treaties and pacts. Right now there are nations that could and would join you in a battle and those are your (very seldom thought of) trading partners. Protecting and supporting your trades by assisting and protecting those trading partners would become much more important without alliance and treaty support. This could be enhanced by creating a page where trading partners could send out a request for assistance to all their trading partners whenever they are attacked. If you choose not to assist them then they could and most probably would drop your trade, putting your nation at a disadvantage making less income thereby lessening your chance of finishing in the top 100 nations.

This could not be accomplished without major changes being made by admin, and to get admin too make these changes would need a general concensus and agreement by the majority of the players involved that this would improve the game. I see one of the major benefits to the game and for admin and that would be slowing the number of nations that leave of go inactive soon after joining. We would all belong to one alliance, NONE...

PS: That might be the easiest way for admin to implement this change and that would be to give everyone only one choice in selecting alliances and that would be NONE. From that point on we would all belong to one happy but disfunctional family that most of us can identify with.

I challenge each and every one of you guys out there to consider this and if you agree, lets make it happen.

One thing for sure, after one round we will all know whether it worked to make the game more interesting. Almost everyone that plays this game gets to deal with all that alliance crap in SE and thats a good place for it, but, using the term so frequently bantered about throughout these forums, this is TE... So lets really make it different, and by different I mean lets make it exciting. All you guys that are afraid to play and need to hide under your mothers skirt, stay in SE. Those of you who feel they can make it on their own and welcome cutting the apron strings, join a REAL tournament edition.

Edited by Striker DCS

The only way it would work is if enough people are interested. Thats why I didnt put it in suggestion box yet. I think a one round trial would let everyone know if it makes the game more interesting.

Edited by Striker DCS