The Eastern Union Media Broadcast

Cody Seb

Administrator Nevsky's Personal Notes on the War in Europe

The city square in Sophia, which was located around 2-3km's away from the site of Projekt Eternal Refuge was packed across the road from the Administrator's position on a balcony overlooking the square and in-city highway.

The road in fact was Highway 17, the famous semi-circle highway that extended from Sofia, City 17, north and then eastward, eventually turning south and going all the way to Burgas.

The crowds on the far side cheered, many holding the flag of the Union or a card of the symbol, a black circle being enveloped by a black double-pronged figure, all inscribed in a black circle.

Many chanted together, "Si-gu-pnost! Si-gu-pnost (Security, Security)!"

The Administrator switched his microphone on,

"Iam now addressing the Eastern Union directly. I have deemed it necessary to appear in person rather that exclusively on the public access media terminals (Although his speech was still broadcast over all the public access flatscreens and in all homes on the government channel in the nation), as the situation in Europe has grown exceedingly bleak.

Let it be known that neutrality for us was necessary in the end, although our sympathies go out to our slavic brethren in the north, and we pray that the cultural bastion of Minsk suffers as little damage as possible.

With that said, the following are my personal annotations on the situation.

The slavic culture has been imprisoned in few places within the past decades. I would not say suppressed, but certainly isolated. The nation of lgtromm to our east was once a thriving slavic state known as the Ukraine. Now, it is a mixture of the slavs and celts. That is not me criticizing, I am merely stating facts there is nothing wrong with it.

The only other nations of slavic culture besides ourselves in Europe are the Slavorussian Empire and Estovakia. Now they and the Nords have engaged in a bitter struggle, which the Nords have the upperhand in currently. This leads to an interesting question. What would happen should the Nords take control of Moscow, our Mecca, and crush the Estovakians?

We would be the only ones left in Europe. For this reason we implore the Magna Europans to spare the Slavorussians of annihilation and subjugation.

Also, this brings up another note. The Slavorussians are engaged in a purely defensive war. They are being treated as aggressors, while they were forced to enter once a Belkan raiding party attacked a Slavorussian position within Slavorussian borders.

The truth is, the only aggressor would be the Northern Empire, a rag tag conglomerate of nations banning together for the express purpose of ousting Martens from Europe.

There also seems to be a problem with geography for some combatants. Many claim to be saving Europe from foreign powers, but do they not know they fight other European nations? Currently only one nation not in Europe in this war is the Northern Empire, which has seen the least action in this war thus far. This is a war against other Europeans, come to terms with that.

I now turn my attention to the now Empress Anabelle Rukia. My opinions on her are not clear cut. She seems to have the qualities of an upstart, although while being forced into a combatitive situation, she seems overtly hostile about defending her home city, which is well within the safeguard of Nordland. Her foreign policy also has teeth, although noting the welcome she received to the world stage this is not entirely without reason.

As for us, we remain neutral and our borders fortified. This soil is safe. We will stand firm as the battles around us rage. Let this be a note, should the other nations desire to negotiate peace, they are welcome to do so here in the Eastern Union, a neutral third party.

Thank you."

With that, the cheers raised in volume as everyone joined in, "Si-gu-pnost! Si-gu-pnost!" APC's and tanks began to roll northward on the highway in masive columns, Overwatch soldiers also parading in the line-up. A few Hunter attack helicopters flew overhead in formation, the parade ending in a bang after around 45 minutes with five Locust fighters screaming overhead.

"Let it be said that I have nothing but respect for the Eastern Union. Perhaps once the situation has cooled off, we can have a nice chat about future relations."

- Anabelle Rukia

"We note the harshness of the situation and bear no grudge or assumptions. We shall indeed welcome a chat once hostilities in the region have passed."

-Administrator Yordan Nevsky

OOC: About Slavic culture there, something fun to remember, Agea started as a refugee camp, founded by a middle aged Croatian man who wanted to create a safe lace for Slavic peoples displaced from their homes, and as stated in several other RPs, becoming a nation was a welcome accident. Keep that in mind :awesome:

IC: "A fine speech there, very inspiring and uplifting. It's not hard to see why you are in charge."

**An undisclosed, warm location**

Fermi smiled, and tossed his paper down. "Eastern Union sure has come a long way..."

OOC: About Slavic culture there, something fun to remember, Agea started as a refugee camp, founded by a middle aged Croatian man who wanted to create a safe lace for Slavic peoples displaced from their homes, and as stated in several other RPs, becoming a nation was a welcome accident. Keep that in mind :awesome:

IC: "A fine speech there, very inspiring and uplifting. It's not hard to see why you are in charge."

**An undisclosed, warm location**

Fermi smiled, and tossed his paper down. "Eastern Union sure has come a long way..."

OOC: Ah, but now it is subjugated into Nova Roma.

IC:

"Thank you for your sentiments. In the near future I plan on actively trying to bring about peace. We have allies on both sides, and it is not a very good situation."

IC:

"Thank you for your sentiments. In the near future I plan on actively trying to bring about peace. We have allies on both sides, and it is not a very good situation."

OOC: But the Fermi family (hooray for alliteration!) is still around, and, if I'm not mistaken, people are still being killed, put in dangerous situations, and being displaced, all of which a new Agean Refugee camp could be made to handle, maybe even two, one for Europe/Asia/ Africa, one for the Americas, Fermi did have two kids after all :awesome:

IC:

OOC: Hey, it's not subjugated into Nova Roma. It's converted into a my personal NPC puppet state. Remember that. That, and I may may not release it someday. :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

Administrator Nevsky Public Broadcast

OOC: it is important to note that the Administrator makes broadcasts everyday, and the ones in this thread are just the rather important ones.

IC:

Administrator Nevsky's face once again appeared on the Public Access Screens and on every television that was switched on to the Eastern Union Media Broadcast. He sat in his broadcasting room, the Union's flag as half the background, the other half, the governments favorite blue-ished tinged metal.

He began:

"Greetings Easterners.

You may have noticed on the international news channels that Nova Roma has all but collapsed. It is in a state of disarray. The Byzantines are struggling internally, on that I cannot elaborate to the populace, whilst struggling against overwhelming exterior forces. The capital province of Gebiv has split from the Union, and no news has come from Kamino since before the war began.

This coincides with the annihilation of Greater Nordland. As I speak, Coalition armies are marching and encircling Berlin, and the legendary Kaiser Martens has disappeared, whether he took his own life or simply fled is unknown.

This changes the political climate of Europe in a profound way. Two superstates that exercised a monopoly of power are now wrecks, bruised and beaten forms of past glory in the face of a foreign onslaught.

Do not take that as me opposing the Coalition. If anything, I am sympathetic for their cause.

It must be said, we were treatied to Nordland out of what my predecessor perceived as a necessity. In fact, I must agree. Greater Nordland showed no aggression to us, nor were they unfavorable. On the other hand, we did not do on a whim, we signed a mutual pact to further our and their interests.

Still, the point remains. There was a time when a European nation signing a treaty with Nordland was nigh a necessity. Nigh.

The Roman treaty was different however. The Byzantine province was one of the closest allies we could have had. I would not be right here if it were not for them. However, it was necessary for us to cancel that treaty, we actually had no other choice, as what we recognize to be Nova Roma does not exist anymore. However, we will do our best to maintain friendly relations. The Byzantines, and Romans by extension, were on the wrong side. They were not an evil entity bent on destruction. They kindly respected our neutrality throughout the conflict.

Now for the explanation.

Europe is no longer suject as a continent to the decisions of two super powers. Nations like ours can begin walking a more independent path. The shadow, if you want to call it that, of Greater Nordland no longer casts its overwhelming presence over these lands. Expect new states to rise out of the ruins of the ruins of the old.

In all honesty, I cannot help but view this for the best at this point in time. I personally never believed in the Nordic race, simply using it as a collective term for all those who inhabitted northern Europe. There are a great many different kinds of people who inhabit those lands. The Nordic race was an invention of the Kaiser. So I extend a kind word to those states who felt oppressed by cultural assimilation, have no fear. Now is the time to assert your cultural independence once more.

And with that, we will seek to foster the growth of any new neighbors that might become of this fracture, setting forth a new age in Europe. One of continued stability, except one without a price."

-Administrator Nevsky

Well said Administrator Nevsky! I want to tell you that I along with the entire Hanseatic Republic hopes that your vision of the future will become real. For a nation of our size a multi-ethnic Europe will bring a great deal of unity as well. People have always said that great power comes from diversity and I hope that we find many new friends from the states that will form.

Zagreb, Croatia, The Eastern Union

Today, a summit was held in Zagreb for many high ranking government officials, including the Administrator Yordan Nevsky himself.

The summit was reportedly called by Croatian, Bosnian, and Serbian regional governors and their respective Senat members. The reason: autonomy. These western regions are feeling a cultural clash with the rising influence of Bulgarian and other Eastern slavic cultures. Nevsky had this to say:

"I do not have a record of hypocrisy. I have stated what I want from Europe and would never deny such freedoms from the ethnic groups within my own nation. The Western slavic cultures of the Union are feeling culturally pressured, and that is something I would never want for my people. Talks are continuing, but autonomy is expected for the provinces in question. Croatia and Bosnia would become the Yugoslavian Autonomous Province and then the Serbian Autonomous Province would be formed, and finally Kosovo becoming the Kosovan-Albanian Autonomous Province.

Only time will tell."

This will herald big changes as the Administrator stays true to his values of cultural independence where desired.

Military Shifts Positions within the Union

With the provinces of Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Kosovo gaining autonomy, many regulars stationed there are being pulled out and into the 'home' provinces of Romania, Bulgaria, and Moldova. A small amount of soldiers and hardware remained, only what was necessary, as these provinces make the transition into autonomy.

As of now, two new Autonomous provinces were made, rather than the projected three. They are the Yugoslavian Autonomus Province, which includes Croatia and Bosnia, and the United Serbian Autonomous Province, which includes the former Serbian and Kosovan provinces. The Vojvodina was kept by Romania, and will become its own province soon, although it will not be autonomous.

Many of the troops on the northern border were also called back, also leaving only what was necessary as new governments rise out of the shattered Nordland.

*Classified*

A large portion of the recalled troops were routed to the Bulgarian-Thrace border, while another large group was pulled out of the recalled soldiers and soldiers of Romania and placed into the Moldovan Province. Raiding parties have been plagueing border settlements surrounding the border of Moldova and lgtromm.

/End Classified

The Administrator Welcomes Our New Neighbors

The Administrator broadcast an international speech today, welcoming the new nations to the north.

"I made a speech several days ago, stating a wish I had. A wish that new states would emerge, and accept new cultural ties, or rather, the true and old cultural ties. It seems two nations have already risen from the wreckage, so to speak.

To our new neighbors in Prussia and the Vektarian Empire, I say welcome. Welcome to a new Europe.

I also extend this welcome to Enstallen and the New Byzantine Empire. Hopefully, Europe can once again engage in continent-wide cooperation."

-The Administrator

Influx of Military Personnel to Constanta, Romanian Province

"Today, a large number of military personnel began pouring in to Constanta. The new Banshee twin rotor craft were highlighted as increasing their role already. We have a reporter on location. Trischa?"

A woman is shown in a light an trench coat, her rght hand shading her eyes as a large wind gusts around here. From the top of the frame descends an Osprey-like craft, which touches down behind her. As troops spill out of it, Trischa begins to shout into her microphone just to be audible, "It seems a rather large military presence is gathering in the city. Seen behind me is the recently unveiled V-03 Banshee, a transport version of the more heavily armed V-02. These, and a great many other transport craft have been moving into the city since the afternoon hours. Helicopters, APC's, Armored Assault Vehicles, you name it. There has been a major increase in military hardware of all sorts here.

We were not allowed to go any deeper than the fringes of the city, and the reasons for this deployment are unclear. We'll keep you posted."

---

"Thanks Trischa. In other news, a boy was rescued from his own home today. It seems he was trapped in a refrigerator and was tragically forced to eat his own foot."

Autonomous Provinces Rejoin the Union

Talks continued, and were blessed with fruitfullness as the Autonomous Provinces rejoined the Eastern Union as full provinces. This is partially attributed to the nuclear terrorist attack, and talks between the Eastern Union Government and the Autonomous Regional Governors.

The parties came to an agreement that more cultural recognition would be given to the Western Provinces, culminating in several bills that are expected to pass with a vote of vast majority.

As stated before, the nuclear terrorist attack no doubt accelerated the process. The break away provinces were stated as admitting a need for extra security.

The Nationalist Government sent a telegram to the Government of the Eastern Union.

We are aware that several of our ships escaped to your country, because of the actions of the former Mayor of Samsun. We would like them back, along with their personnel. Thank you.

Signed, John Kelikark, Leader of Byzantium

Edited by JEDCJT

On the Terrorist Attacks in Northern Europe

The Administrator appeared once again against his usual broadcast backdrop. Standard broadcas procedures were followed.

As many of you know, a large area of Northern Europe was irradiated, and two nuclear devices were detonated in Oslo and Stokholm.

And now, I hear reports of people discrediting Europe, saying that this is proof there cannot be peace. Well, let me just say to you, you doubters, you 'nay-sayers,' this is most certainly ad utterly not true.

The nearly Pan-European response condemning the attacks, as well as the extensive humanitarian efforts being performed by ourselves and many others, are proof that Europe has united in peace. Simply because there has been an attack upon us does not mean that we are not peaceful. It simply means an instigator of terror and violence who tried to play God today wishes to subvert that which has now forged.

This attack has only served to strengthen our bonds. It has shown that Europe will help its own. No doubt the second wave of responses with, well should I say, responses with more 'teeth' will show that Europe will no longer tolerate these kinds of acts. We stand united against these instigators, these paultry schemers.

The world saw Europe act together today. Let it not be forgotten. This day was proof that what we speak, pray, and hope for is becoming a reality. Europe has united against those who seek to use a more barbaric sense of diplomacy if you can call it that!

So I challenge nations who would believe Europe is already slipping away, do you not see that we stood united? Do you not see we are working to protect our neighbors.

United in diversity. Not even nuclear weapons can break these new formed bonds.

Edited by Cody Seb

On The Subverters

News has reached my ears of those who would subvert Europe's peace. Let me tell you, this Tunsheim, this mongrel of a nation, deserves nothing but the swift kick of a combat boot.

Do you not know what year this is? I can surely tell you it is not 1044.

I am now speaking directly to you, Litler. Your actions have disgusted myself as well as every nation I've seen make a public announcement regarding your actions. We are in the middle of conducting humanitarian actions in the region, and you choose to slaughter people of an ideology different from yours, and display their bodies in front of your government building? This is truly sickening and in the poorest of tastes.

It may not be by our hand but you will fall. Your racism and barbarism shall serve as a means to your end.

Let me remind my fair citizens, do not be distracted by this malcontent in the north. Know that in this nation, you are safe from arbitrary slaughter. Go about your lives, your security assured, these sort of things cannot scathe you here.

Our humanitarian forces will receive anyone escaping from Tunsheim and Litler's oppression and serve to make them as comfortable as they can.

Your time will come Litler. It will come soon.

Edited by Cody Seb

Work Continues on the New Government Building

Construction continues on the new government building, which was begun in the last weeks of the Great Kanal Projekt, as the building starts to rise above the others. It can now be seen rising above the cityscape, as the 'army' of constructon workers from around the Union has formed to take on the formidable task.

Rumors abound that it is of Villarussian design, which is massively supported by the unique design and blueish tinted metal used to build the structure. It also shares many similarities to the old Krepost in the former New Odessa.

Sources site that this is true, however, there will be modifications to make it an even more formidable fortress of military and political might, as well as additional security measures and the shifting of assets within the design, namely adding additional structural security to the government offices and conference areas.

We in the Union hope for a swift completion to this project, as it will lend itself to be a shining example of our progress.

Government Portion of the New Government Building Done, Work Continues

Sofia, UESR

Work fully concluded on the underground portions of the new government building in Sofia today. Work continues on the upper portions of the structure, now shaping up to be quite a formidable tower. The name for the structure has been confirmed. It will be called the Citadel, as it will be the mightiest installation in the whole of the UESR. Beyond that is classified.

We were allowed to see pictures of the interior of the completed sections, which are all the government portions.

The Administrator's Office:

Consul_office.jpg

In Other News...

More infrastructural depots began poping up around the nation as the combined effort by the UESR government and Northern Petrol to further advance the infrastructure and its connectivity within the Union. Depots have begun appearing on rivers, in seaports, and other crossroads and on railways.

A Depot in Northern Bulgaria:

half-life-7.jpg

Edited by Cody Seb

The Union of Eastern Soviet Republics

Today, what had been expected to happen actually did. The former provinces of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina finally split from the Soviet Union, being given full independence.

They were not prolaimed a protectorate however, and diplomatic exchange has yet to happen. However, that is expected to come in due time.

The Administrator wished the new country, by the name of Evokerstan, well and said that diplomatic relations would be pursued.

OOC: gave some land to a new RPer.