Season 4 Commencement

PremierApex

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Dahab's name anyway? I know there is no Dahab...is it Liverpool FC?

No, Liverpool FC is the old Corinthians team. As far as I can tell Dahab folded up shop.

Season ends 2/16 - Friendlies will be played and we will probably add a 4th division to Liga. Once that is complete season will begin.

Please make sure to give me time to compile all the stats before the new season is set-up. The evening after the last games are played I'll start updating the Season 4 Wiki page - I'll let you know when I'm done.

Get Neo Japan to sign up and we'll have a bloodbath at their matches

Has anyone approached Lord Frost yet? I'd love to see Neo Japan in the Liga - especially if Dun Carrig is back, they could resume their legendary derby since they'd likely be starting in the same division.

Also potato (Mac Land) and Epiphanus (Paraganea) too - we need to get them onboard

I thought Potato was Spartak MK???

Oh, yeah... I think you're right... I just associate potato = Mac Land

Hmm, maybe we should stipulate that future team names require one's (in-game) nation name needs to be in your team name (and grandfather the current names) as after all aren't we suppose to be a CN-based soccer league?

I thought Potato was Spartak MK???

Who is it because the link they have is to ODN

Hmm, maybe we should stipulate that future team names require one's (in-game) nation name needs to be in your team name (and grandfather the current names) as after all aren't we suppose to be a CN-based soccer league?

I completely agree, it's been my one problem when first starting the rankings if figuring out who is who

Edited by njndirish

One of the things I plan on doing in the off-season after the stats are done is create a brief franchise history of Liga Mundo.

Yeah Spartak MK looks like Mac Land because I believe Mac Land is from France, which is where Spartak's manager is from.

El Primera

Arcadia FC's Coach Courtney will now do the matchups wrap-up.

ALDM 3-1 Transvaal

An early goal conceded is always bad. And that's what happened here! Three minutes in, 1-0 to ALDM. Transvaal got outclassed, although they did score the next goal, some 65-ish minutes later - ALDM came back to win 3-1. Although, it must be said, Transvaal did play a very equal game - and the only way ALDM won this one was because of their finishing. Kudos to Transvaal, and even more to ALDM who wins the Liga Mundo as there is mathematically no other team capable of winning.

Sinners 1-3 Arcadia

Arcadia FC faught and faught and faught in the first half, getting 5 chances. Did they finish any? No. The Sinners got one...and in "Typical" Arcadia fashion, they scored from it. But nonetheless, Evan Halliwell was a welcome return from non-selection, grabbing a goal in the "Thunderous Fifties" where 3 goals were scored in the 50th, 54th and 58th - all from Arcadia. Arcadia can take solace they did something the Volunteer's couldn't do...win (I recognise past wins but for the sake of that sentence, we'll pretend they didn't happen ;))

Gods 0-7 Volunteers

You get the point. The Gods phailed epically, AGAIN - and the Volunteers took 75% of their chances and converted from it. Now that's good stuff. Although the Volunteers couldn't get more than 70% possession...but a goal and an assist at least from all 3 forwards can't do you wrong. A nice note to end the season, although they do not retain their Championship. And special shoutout to Gumbo Gods who took the Primera to epic new lows of getting a -50 goal difference. *clap* *clap* *clap*

Standings:

ATL +24, 28 (11)

VOL +24, 26 (12)

AFC +6, 21 (11)

TSB +6, 17 (11)

ERJ -2, 13 (11)

------------------

SSN -8, 8 (11)

GBG -50, 0 (11)

True, but supposedly for club teams rather than national teams. Perhaps each manager could put on their page which CN nation their Liga Mundo team represents?

Looks like I just condemned Hotspot Hotshots to relegation. :P

If Duckies lose against Stalybridge (unlikely, but not impossible) then I could win the Segunda title! Otherwise, promotion is looking good at this point. I mean come on, my last match is against Liverpool! (all 5 points of 'em) :lol: I will be making sure that I put my very best out for that match.

Edited by Uralica

And I am stuck in 3rd, which means I can get some oldies some match experience. Then I can play a few friendlies with Transvaal for the "Kak Cup" and then I'm planning a few friendlies against VolNation, ALDM, promotees to the Primera, promotees to the Segunda and the expansion teams, all 2 of them? I think.

So that's 10 or so matchdays reserved :P

Yep, I'll be challenging you to a friendly after the season is over... a'ight? ;)

Well, that's called "pre-setting" tactics, Liga Mundo matchtime for me is 7:30pm - so I have time...so for you, you should do it before you sleep. I can do it after school or, even at school...just remember when matchtime is for you and adjust accordingly.

Dam lost my first match

I sent the friendly offer and by the time I got up the match had already been played. Is that normal O_o

Play your low form players and get them ready because Exp doesn't apply till next season. I would be willing to play you again if you want :D