Season 4 Commencement

PremierApex

Transvaal's second Xpert11 club was formed today when the Windhoek Welwitschia association football club applied for an expansion team in the Vedder League.

The Welwitschias had previously played one season (in February 2008) in the Transvaler African League and won the regular season championship before the Transvaal Voetbalsvereniging's two domestic leagues folded.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vedder League?

Is that like...an IRON-only league? If so, I encourage participation there - because I made a Legion Domestic League, and in a few seasons - we can have a few entrants here in LM, there are about 3-4 guys there that I think, can take the heat. But for now, they're training themselves =)

And Botha, I guess I could just use Hector Howarth for a bit...but he's a bit young, I need an experienced guy who has some skill, and can have a positive effect on my average age.

Vedder League? Is that like...an IRON-only league?

Nope, completely unrelated to CN. The guy who runs it is South African and for recruiting ran searches for managers with SA-sounding names. He wanted me to join up a few months ago but didn't have the quota to join, but now I do. I still plan on incorporating the new team into my CN sports RP where I can.

(Shameless plug, I encourage all Liga Mundoists to join the Die Biltongboere, the Welwitschias' fan club. In case you're wondering, Biltongboere (roughly) translates as dried beef jerky farmers and is in RL one of the nicknames given to the Namibian rugby team.

Edited by Botha

I guess I could just use Hector Howarth for a bit...but he's a bit young, I need an experienced guy who has some skill, and can have a positive effect on my average age.

Err, Hector Howarth is better than my two original keepers (Krejk and Venema) in Season 1.

If I were you, I'd certainly be developing him because you have a strong enough team in front of him to take some of the pressure of his inexperience and lack of talent. And what he lacks in talent is made up by his special qualities.

The Football Association of Killallippies (FAK) is happy to announce that they have applied to enter a team in the next season of Liga Mundo. The team will be Compostela Artois.

Interesting name...why Compostela? (You a Compostela fan?), and is the Artois in honour of that fine beer form Beligum? :D.

Yeah, I'm getting him match experience

LOL We should organise a friendly but play our worst (as in least talented) possible line-up and see what happens. Call it the Kak Cup... "kak" is Afrikaans for a word that begins with S* and ends in *T.

Interesting name...why Compostela? (You a Compostela fan?), and is the Artois in honour of that fine beer form Beligum? :D.

It does refer to SD Compostela and Stella Artois but I'm not a fan of either, I just like mixing team/place names and other words. Other team names include Farcelona, Chaosasuna, Fracasablanca and Bedlamsterdam.

Since Turners, Dream Team, and Redemptio are shoo-ins, I guess I'll have to work double to try and beat 'Puerto and win-out :D Suffice to say, not a bad rookie campaign if I do say so myself, I just wish half of Tercera wasn't inactive :(

Yeah, unfortunately that happens in the lower leagues. Oh well, as long as most, if not all, the actives go up a League, I don't mind =)

Of course then, you have to focus on training players in the guaranteed 3 points matches, learn the art, perfect it - so when you are in the Segunda, you don't drop down.

After looking at today's results (especially Transvaal's 3-2 defeat of Swamplandia), I'm wondering if we could also talk of a Great 5 group of teams, namely the current best 5 in Primera (who were also the same top 5 contingent last season).

Looking at Swamplandia's remaining schedule (4 games. vs Gumbo and all Big 3 teams) I just don't see them dislodging any teams above them to avoid relegation from Primera (especially since the two teams above them have games at hand). And looking at the two top Segunda sides, I don't really see either of them dislodging any of the Great 5 should they reach the Primera.

The Springboks' cousin team, the Windhoek Welwitshias, take to the field tomorrow in their first ever match (a friendly vs. their expansion brothers IGFC; I'll post news from that match here.

Of Course, amigo. This league is open to anyone and everyone. There are some teams with inactive managers that you can take over. You can also get on the waiting list if you would like to create your own team from scratch.

.....I never like doing this, and ive never done this before but...If anyone could look over my nation and defend me from attacks. I am the leader of my own alliance, its a small-humble alliance that 'never hurt no'body' but we are under npo sanctions and i cant have a certain amount of soldiers and overall military and I got sucker punched...If anyone from LM could humble accept my plea to defend my nation, Costa Libertad , from attacks-which i am currently under and unable to defend and rely on my own alliance. thank you.

I played a handful of seasons in xpert11 and had to stop for a while because of time contraints. I am thinking of starting back up again, is there room in any of the leagues associated with this cup?

Liga Mundo can always use more active managers, so sign up. Our current season ends February 13.

Thanks Botha. Can you give me the league information to join. I have no worries taking over an inactive.

Premier Apex...if you are under NPO sanctions you are either protected by them, or are on their ZI list. If it is the former, they should help you, if it is the latter...there is not much help for you.

ETA Found it Botha, put myself on the waiting list. Looks like I am 4/4

Edited by Machiabelly

DRAGONIA OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES BID TO JOIN LIGA MUNDO

1/13/08

With one month left in the current Liga Mundo season, Dragonia's head of Football operations and the presiding president of the Federation of International Football on Bob, njndirish announced that Dragonia will be seeking to put a club in Liga Mundo next season. There had been speculation that Dragonia would be abandoning the GFA to move Dragonia United over to Liga Mundo. Most speculation had stemmed from the League Presidents meeting in December when njndirish told the league presidents that he was interested in expanding FIFOB's influence into the potential of Federations.

"I am very please with the bid we are making," said njndirish at the press conference. "New Trafford will be renovated to meet Liga standards and Dragonia United will be rebuilt with a better manager at the helm. It is too bad Dragono Vipertooth coaches in the Dream League or else he would be our first candidate."

Dragonia United shareholders held the vote last night and 96% agreed that the move was needed to make the team an equal to FC Dragonia or Dragonia FC. The decision was cited because of the potential result in increased revenue to the stadium and better sponsor. Dragonia United plays its final game in GFA on 2/19, hopefully the time between the end of Liga and the GFA will be enough to launch the bid and make a team.