Event Advice

moneymango

Besides that, one environment point only gives a .40 happiness improvement ($.80 per citizen before multipliers), so it's a huge loss, population-count effects notwithstanding.

This is no longer true. It used to be .4 happiness per environment point. It's now ~1% of your happiness per point. So the exact amount is going to vary from nation to nation. So it depends on the nation how big a loss it is and whether the loss coupled with the losing ~1.7% of their citizens is more or less than what $2 income would bring in.

This is no longer true. It used to be .4 happiness per environment point. It's now ~1% of your happiness per point. So the exact amount is going to vary from nation to nation. So it depends on the nation how big a loss it is and whether the loss coupled with the losing ~1.7% of their citizens is more or less than what $2 income would bring in.

I also received this event today and I'm wondering, is the environment bonus calculated AFTER everything else is considered? That is, my environment is 6.0, basically as low as possible. Would this lower it to 5.0, or have no effect because I'm already as low as I can be?

I also received this event today and I'm wondering, is the environment bonus calculated AFTER everything else is considered? That is, my environment is 6.0, basically as low as possible. Would this lower it to 5.0, or have no effect because I'm already as low as I can be?

Nope, if your environment is already 6.0 the event won't make it any lower, that option will, however, allow you to destroy a border wall, switch to a dirtier government, etc and still stay at 6.0.

Nope, if your environment is already 6.0 the event won't make it any lower, that option will, however, allow you to destroy a border wall, switch to a dirtier government, etc and still stay at 6.0.

Thanks. Of course this increases the complexity of the calculations I need to make. But I'm not about to complain about the first positive event I've gotten in six months.