Rules Question: War Declaration

Syzygy

Hello, i have a question about the rules:

We are a very peaceful alliance and usually try to stay out of wars. From time to time it happens, that we have a problem with another nation or alliance. When the tensions rise, at some point we take the risk that the "target" might want to flee into peacemode or tend to ignore our messages and attempts to contact him. In such cases we send one of our members to declare war on that nation or a government member of the other alliance to a) pin this nation in war-mode and b) draw their attention and show them the issue is serious.

So my question is:

If you declare war on someone, are you FORCED to launch attacks against this nation? So, is attacking to enforce a reaction (speeding up negotiations, increase pressure etc...) a breaking of the game rules?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

You are not forced to send attacks. Declaring wars to increase pressure without sending attacks is not unheard of - it was done by the goons against New Reverie before GW3 in order to pressure him into unbanning helsbector from the LoSS. The only time i heard of it not being allowed is if you are declaring on one of your allies in order to fill the slot and prevent enemies from attacking.

You are not forced to send attacks. Declaring wars to increase pressure without sending attacks is not unheard of - it was done by the goons against New Reverie before GW3 in order to pressure him into unbanning helsbector from the LoSS. The only time i heard of it not being allowed is if you are declaring on one of your allies in order to fill the slot and prevent enemies from attacking.

I believe this is correct. If you're not just War spot filling then theres no problem.