AADN vs FAFB

nc1701

So which is better?

Foreign Air Force Base - $35,000,000 - Raises the aircraft limit +20 for your nation and increases the number of aircraft that can be sent in each attack mission +10.

Anti-Air Defense Network - $50,000,000 - Reduces odds of incoming aircraft attacks against your nation -25%. Reduces aircraft attack damages against your nation -10%.

So which is a better wonder in your opinion? FAFB seems far more popular, but depending on exactly how the AADN works it might be better.

How exactly does the AADN work? it says "Reduces odds of incoming aircraft attacks against your nation -25%." does this mean that attacking bombers have a reduced chance of hitting? Does it mean attacking fighter strength is reduced 25%? Does it automatically destroy 25% of attacking enemy aircraft? Something else?

I hear it reduces the fighter strength 25%. So that means you have a 25% better chance at winning the battle. As the FAFB increases your plane count 25%, plus lets you attack with more planes, the FAFB is better. You get them same defence bonus with an added attacking bonus for 20m cheaper. The AADN's advantage is the reduced damage, but the 10% isn't enough to make it work it in my opinion.

I agree, though I have neither and am just going by what most posters on the subject seem to say. If they were the same price it might be a harder decision but as it is it seems quite clear. I've often wondered why the AADN didn't affect cruise missles as well though.

I hear it reduces the fighter strength 25%. So that means you have a 25% better chance at winning the battle.

Where do you have that information from?

I just ask, because I find it hard to believe. In fact, a -25% fighter strength of the attacker does *not* increase your winning chance by 25%, but only by around 14.29%. You would need to reduce the attacking fighters strength by -40% to increase your winning chance by 25%.

If it is programmed that way, it is clearly a bug or the description is wrong. As it is explained now, the AADN would work similar to the SDI, giving the attacker a 25% 'default chance' to fail in the attack without even taking the defensive airforce into consideration. If the attack fails, he does not do any damage at all and loses some random aircrafts, the defender loses nothing.

A clarification from the admin would be nice.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

If I understand the air battle system right, what happens is whenever an attacked is launched, both peoples offensive fighter strength is multiplied by a random number, and whoever gets the higher number wins. The amount someone is higher has an effect on how much damage is done. I believe the AADN takes away 25% of your offensive fighter strength, so you have a better chance of getting a lower number after the multiplication and as such losing the battle. That's how I always thought it worked anyway.

Edited by Kaiser