Starting options and donation

Leon Bronstein

Teams exist for the game purpose of "trading spheres". So as long as you trade with the nations of your color, it doesn't matter which team you're on.

In the beginning, you should leave your tax rate at neutral (I thnk 17%) Later on, you should raise it.

Recent changes have changed the former "best government". In my opinion, I think Capitalist is the best, but it depends on which your nation desires.

Leave it on 5, unless you're at war.

Leave at War Mode. Peace Mode gives too many economic penalties.

Recent changes have changed the former "best government". In my opinion, I think Capitalist is the best, but it depends on which your nation desires.

I've been looking at the chart and it seems to me that monarchy would be best to start with for the +1 happiness, +1 land area, Initial Infras. -5% Cost. Am I right?

Nope, its generally agreed to be Capitalist or Republic, because of the environment bonus. Monarchy was the best choice before the update to environment.

Is the chart out of date? It says nothing about environment...

And keep in mind I'm asking which one is best for the beginning of the game, I'll change it later.

Is the chart out of date? It says nothing about environment...

And keep in mind I'm asking which one is best for the beginning of the game, I'll change it later.

The chart is current. If you look at it, you'll notice that certain governments have either a red or white star next to their names. White stars are governments which damage your environment and red stars help your environment. If you mouse-over the star, it tells you the effect.

The best government is going to be a factor based on what your people want. Monarchy is good but with the changes made to environment, it's not the clear choice any longer given the effects of environment generally outweigh those of +1 happiness bonus. The other factor is what your environment score is. If your environment is clean without a red star government then Monarchy may the selection to go with. Environment score is going to depend heavily on the resources you trade for and the answers to some of the government questions as well as soldier/citizen ratio and land/infrastructure ratio.

You're looking for a simple one size fits all answer and there isn't one.

Edited by Count Rupert