Why ?

Hipon

Im new to this game.. now when i go to suugestion forum cuz i wanna suggest that all alliance flag should be add and take out those flag that is outdated but first i read about guidelines on suggesting and i found out that is one of the donts.. Now my question is why does mods dont allow upload flags or add alliance flag? thanks in advance

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=52

because

1. its a privilege thats only for sanctioned alliances.

2. if every alliance uploaded their flag the server would either be slow or crash

3. the older ones are kept in honor of those alliances because many of them helped make CN what it is today

oh i see so the sanctioned alliance got that privilege.. thanks for clarifying...

"2. if every alliance uploaded their flag the server would either be slow or crash" <-- maybe 10kb limit would be nice..

It's a rule because it is. The server will not get overloaded from a few pics. Even from 10,000 pics. It won't matter one tiny bit. They're small images, not full length streaming videos.

As for why the rule is? Admin says so, that's all I can say.

But if there were 10,000 pics imagine how hard it would be to find your alliances flag.

that is exaggerated dude... i dont think theres over 200 alliances .

we can have only those registered alliances only.. make a dept to have alliances register there alliances to be valid.. there must be some conditions on how to be valid alliances.

As for why the rule is? Admin says so, that's all I can say.

yea i know, thats the reason.. but theres always be a suggestion.. so i only suggest but if they dont, then nevermine..

Edited by Hipon

*sighs*

The Game Mods and Game Admins are all busy keeping the game fair, on top of that Admin keeps granting us new features and debugging the game. This was discussed back in 2006 when flags were uploadable and everyone understood and agreed with the decision. We had a choice flags uploaded or the features we wanted and the game debugged.

And nothing personal, but Admin is very picky who he lets help with the game and forums. Experience has shown what happens if he doesn't take the time he feels is necessisary to ask someone if they are willing to help.

Part of it is server space, but the majority of it is concentrating on features of the game. I for one do not for one moment regret Admin's decision.