Why can't I just delete my account?

King Vincent I

Why can't I just delete my account? I messed up, declaring war on a slightly more powerful nation, and losing to cruise missiles, which I do not have. I would like to start over, and learned that you can press Delete Nation Form under Edit My Nation. However, when I press this link, it does not allow me to delete - it shows this:

Your nation has active foreign aid offers and cannot be deleted at this time. You must cancel your foreign aid offers or wait until they auto expire after 10 days of the foreign aid offer date. View your Foreign Aid screen for more details.

I do not understand - I do not have any foreign offers that are still pending. I only have one, and that is approved. Why?

On 11/4/2020 at 7:18 PM, King Vincent I said:

Why can't I just delete my account? I messed up, declaring war on a slightly more powerful nation, and losing to cruise missiles, which I do not have. I would like to start over, and learned that you can press Delete Nation Form under Edit My Nation. However, when I press this link, it does not allow me to delete - it shows this:

Your nation has active foreign aid offers and cannot be deleted at this time. You must cancel your foreign aid offers or wait until they auto expire after 10 days of the foreign aid offer date. View your Foreign Aid screen for more details.

I do not understand - I do not have any foreign offers that are still pending. I only have one, and that is approved. Why?

I assume that the FA offers are considered to be in effect right now; this is the case if they were offered less than 10 days ago. You have to finish out those ten days before you can delete.

Also, don't delete; I'm looking at your nation and really you're at most 1-2M in debt. Nothing that can't be fixed with a round of tech dealing. Go join an actual alliance and learn the ropes (or try to become a protectorate with one of them); it will help you enormously.

Edited by Woryand
clarity