Post Apocalyptia And You

Margrave

So here's my pitch, ladies and gents: I'm looking at creating a small continuity, less focused on the buildings of nations, but rather an exploration of post global downfall and the slow rebuilding of social and civic life. My own contributions to this idea are more world building and quest writing than to write up a survivor nation, but I invite people to explore the idea and see what suits them. Know that I'm not necessarily positing a post-apocalyptic roleplay set in the CNRP or Real World; I'm thinking of the world of Ken Scholes, or Glen Cook, but closer to the actual event, maybe a generation or two off. For tone, I don't have much, but I was writing this piece and I think it gives a window into what I would like to do myself:

as the ancient mechanical choir slowly stirred to life, the sound of drums, passing, a long forgotten song rang out in that empty place. Innocent voices, recorded in a happier time, rang out from cherubic faces, long rusted. In that moment, we, unhappy few, felt transported to those days when the light shown on a clean land, before the fall of everything man had known. Soulless automatons took on the characteristics of angels and allowed us to flee from the moments harsh reality. The cathedral rang with a sound our world had been long robbed of: Happy children.- From the recorded journals of Malachi Wanderer, 2XXX, 40 AD (After Desolation)

If anything that I've said remotely clicks with you, let me know. I'm far more interested in exploring the story, or stories, that are crafted in regards to how people, societies, and cultures react than to see stat trading and warfare. The world I'm imagining is devastated; government beyond the city state nigh impossible and that a rare occurrence. If anyone feels this is for them, let me know; we'll build something interesting, together.