Lost over 600 citizens overnight

Ram Rod

My nation lost over 600 citizens overnight. My nation had an earthquake event which was said to loose -$5.00 income per citizen. I purchased improvements of 1-bank and 1-school to make up for that, but the income level has dropped significantly anyway. What actually happened here? It appears my improvements haven't taken effect?

Yes it could be a lost trade; you only get notification when a trade partner manually cancels the trade. If the trade partner is deleted for infractions or inactivity, you receive no notification. Also there was a fairly large spike in the Global Radiation Level which affects your environment (which affects both population (but not by 600 though) and happiness), that could to blame as well.

Looking at your nation profile and your citizen count, my guesses are you either lost a fish and/or a wheat trade or the event (refugees flooding into your nation) which I think boosts your population by +10% expired overnight. You can check events and their expiration dates in "events" under "nation menu"