Cascadia-New Babylon

Dillon1102

"Mr Saunders I don't understand the question. Are you asking to house your own military formation in the Imperial base with Babylonian soldiers? If that is the case I must reject that notion. It would be a breach of fundamental national security. It also places the Imperial base at risk of being assaulted by any threat to Cascadia who is trying to eliminate Cascadias military forces. Such actions could cripple the base and make any defence of Cascadia futile."

"Sharing ONE military installation between two nations is a breach of national security. It provides you with a way into our secure networks and likewise for you. We have an optional defence agreement, is that not trust enough?".

"I'm not understanding how it is a breach of security. Nations have shared bases before. For example, Germany and the United States, The Republic of Korea and the United States, and a few others. The optional defense treaty is nice but some of our generals are worried about an attack from the inside."

"New Babylon has no interest in attack North American states, it works better in our favour to maintain their security for the purpose of trade until such a point we are not needed anymore like you pointed out earlier.

I cannot sign an agreement which places two forces on one base, the threat is too high for both forces to be obliterated in one strike. If you cannot agree to this, the deployment of boots on the ground can be cancelled in favour of the naval-air station."

"We will just see how the citizens respond to the soldiers these next six months. If there are little to no problems, they stay. If there are problems, we can reduce the amount or remove them. Also I'm required to notify you of Victoria island and our plans to annex it."

"Ok, I can agree to the compromise. If, after six months the population is unhappy with the conduct of Imperial Forces, the ground force will be removed, leaving only the airbase and naval station. Does that sound fair?"

Startled, the Babylonian snapped.

"Enough messing around Mr Saunders, are we signing this agreement or not? We have finalized all the details, are we signing?"

Leaning down, Darius would sign the document.

'Depends on a variety of things really. The competence of your military, the competence of their military, who has the bigger guns and the better Generals is what it comes down to. As for casualties, it depends how large any initial attack would be and what it took to steady the line before a counter attack. Dont worry about it at the moment. Concentrate on preparing your defences and preparing your people for a war Saunders. I will have Imperial Forces deployed here within the month."