Fallout Shelter isn't saving tanks

CubaQuerida

The last 10 or so nukes I've taken have killed 100% of my tanks, despite my Fallout Shelter System.  It's definitely supposed to prevent some of those losses, and I seem to remember it working before.  Tanks are really expensive at my level, and it's getting really stupid to buy them for defense if literally all 25,000 are going to be nuked away.

To: CubaQuerida    From: Rooman33    Date: 9/29/2013 10:39:29 PM

Subject: Nuclear Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Rooman33. Your fallout shelters have limited the damage caused by this attack. You lost 100131 soldiers, 25000 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1,010.614 miles of land, 336.871 technology, 1,010.614 infrastructure, 50% of your aircraft, and 18% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience several days of economic devastation.

• Fallout Shelter System - $40,000,000 - Allows 50% of your defending soldiers to survive a nuclear strike (Does not prevent nuclear Anarchy but does prevent troops from being totally depleted), Reduces tank, cruise missile, and aircraft, losses from a nuclear strike by -25%, Reduces nuclear vulnerable navy losses by 12%, Reduces nuclear anarchy effects by 1 day. Requires 6,000 infrastructure, 2,000 technology.

Nuclear weapons are extremely devastating to nations being attacked by them. Nuclear weapons completely reduce the number of defending soldiers for a defending nation to zero (50% Survival if the defending nations has the Fallout Shelter System wonder), cause great amounts of cruise missile, tanks, land, technology and infrastructure losses (35% each up to a base limit before the techbonus of 150 land, 150 infrastructure, and 50 technology), reduce defending aircraft by 75% (aircraft supported by the Foreign Airforce Base wonder and aircraft carriers are reduced at a lower percentage), reduce defending Corvettes, Landing Ships, Cruisers, and Frigates by 25%, and cause population happiness to plummet for a period of 5 days after a nuclear attack. Nuclear weapons may not be launched until after 24 hours after declaring war.

Edited by CubaQuerida

Well, the simple solution would be to never leave your tanks on defense - they don't provide much defensive value anyway (though it's not completely negligible when multiplied by 25,000). But that doesn't answer your question.

I wonder if my (recently murdered!) Air Force General was adding a multiplier to the nuclear damage? Even if that was the case, it was only +5-6%. So, I agree. It seems odd that 100% of your tanks would get taken out when you have a FSS. I'll ask around, see if anyone has a better answer. I'm curious now, too.