Donation question

BartSimpson

I'd recently made a donation via Pay Pal and the donation cleared my bank almost instantly - as the same with every donation I've made prior to this one - except that for some reason this time when I made the donation instead of being credited promptly I was told in a pm:

To: BartSimpson From: admin 1/3/2008 10:59:01 AM Subject: $20.00 Donation Bonus Pending

A donation in the amount of $20.00 was recently sent to be applied towards your nation. The transaction is currently in pending status and as soon as the transaction clears in PayPal (5-7 business days) the bonus will be applied to your nation.

And my question would be if this is to be a change in how donations are handled in the future or was this a one-time thing? Because nothing has changed on my side - I make the donation in PayPal and it shows up coming out of my account almost instantly - same as always.

I don't have any contol over how PayPal processes transactions. If they put it into pending status then you'll have to wait until it clears. To avoid the delay in the future try not to do bank payments and instead make sure you have the money already in your PayPal account ahead of time.

I don't have any contol over how PayPal processes transactions. If they put it into pending status then you'll have to wait until it clears. To avoid the delay in the future try not to do bank payments and instead make sure you have the money already in your PayPal account ahead of time.

Okay, so it was PayPal's doing and nothing to do with CN? Thanks. I'll find out what they're up to, then. Much appreciated for the amazingly fast response to my question! :awesome: