Economy Questions

Kantrix

Hi all,

I'm new to Cybernations, and while I have read various guides and followed several links, at appears that a lot of the information might be at the "old" forums that is read only (and where I dont have an account). So, please bare with me if some of these questions seem trivial.

1-Each +1 to happiness gives my citizens 2 currency units worth of gross (pre-tax) income. Correct?

2-Assuming 1, above, is correct, at max tax rate of 28%, that means each +1 happiness gives me + .56 currency units of tax money. Correct?

3-If I get an improvement such as a bank, that gives me +7% to my citizens daily income, that means its giving me +7% of their gross income (pre-tax), correct?

4-How are multiple bonuses to daily income calculated? Lets say without bonuses, my citizens earn 20 currency units a day and I have 2 +7% bonuses. Are my citizens earning 20 * 1.07 * 1.07 = 22.898 daily (ie bonuses are multiplicative), or are they earning 20 + (20*0.07) + (20*0.07) = 20 + 1.4 + 1.4 = 22.8 daily (ie bonuses are additive)?

5-Assuming that bonus income is some sort of multiplier on some sort of base daily income, how do I find out my base daily income per citizen? Is it just Happiness level * 2?

Thank you for your time. If there are any available posts, guides, or spreadsheets that already cover this, please link them for me and I will studiously read them.

1. Actually, happiness modifying improvements change the currency value of happiness.

2. Correct if you do not have modifiers.

3. Correct.

4. Like-Bonuses are additive, Unlike-Bonuses are multiplicative

5. Not sure.

Edited by Scorp

1. Actually, happiness modifying improvements change the currency value of happiness.

2. Correct if you do not have modifiers.

3. Correct.

4. Like-Bonuses are multiplicative, Unlike-Bonuses are additive

5. Not sure.

Your answer to 1 and 4 are a little confusing. Can you provide examples?

With 1, above, are you saying that a +3 happiness improvement doesnt actually give me +3 happiness, but instead gives me +3 currency units per happines of each citizen?

With 4, can you provide examples of like bonuses and unlike bonuses please?

Thank you.

Your answer to 1 and 4 are a little confusing. Can you provide examples?

With 1, above, are you saying that a +3 happiness improvement doesnt actually give me +3 happiness, but instead gives me +3 currency units per happines of each citizen?

With 4, can you provide examples of like bonuses and unlike bonuses please?

Thank you.

1. No, improvements make a multiplier to the total added for income per happiness level. If you have every income/happiness increasing improvement, you'd have a multiplier of 2.07. So to find the income increase per happiness point, you do the following operation: 1 (happiness) * 2.07 (improvements) * $2 (generic amount per happiness point)

2. I made a mistake on that one. Anyway, I'll show you with an example. Let's go with two of the income increasing improvements, bank and school. Each bank is a 7% increase upon income, each school is a 5% increase upon income. When you figure in two banks, you add 1.07 + 1.07. When you figure in a bank and a school, you multiply 1.07 * 1.05.

1. No, improvements make a multiplier to the total added for income per happiness level. If you have every income/happiness increasing improvement, you'd have a multiplier of 2.07. So to find the income increase per happiness point, you do the following operation: 1 (happiness) * 2.07 (improvements) * $2 (generic amount per happiness point)

2. I made a mistake on that one. Anyway, I'll show you with an example. Let's go with two of the income increasing improvements, bank and school. Each bank is a 7% increase upon income, each school is a 5% increase upon income. When you figure in two banks, you add 1.07 + 1.07. When you figure in a bank and a school, you multiply 1.07 * 1.05.

Ah. Example 2 now makes sense. Thanks.

Back to item 1, above. I notice you say "Improvements". So, Improvements change the income from happiness, but other things actually increase how much happiness, right? Or is it that some improvements increase happiness income while others just increase the actual happiness value?

Example: Making a trade with someone on the same color team. That gives me +1 to actual happiness value. Having the proper government and religion also modifies the actual happiness value, as does the policy questions.

Now lets say I have a church which says "Church - $40,000.00 - Increases population happiness +1." You are saying that its not actually increasing my happiness level, its increasing the amount of money I get per happines value?

Or did you mean something else?

okay...i'm going to set you straight...alot of what scorp said is just plain wrong.

1. Each +1 to happiness gives my citizens 2 currency units worth of gross (pre-tax) income. Correct?

Correct. In addition, each happiness point gives $2 BEFORE multipliers

2. Assuming 1, above, is correct, at max tax rate of 28%, that means each +1 happiness gives me + .56 currency units of tax money. Correct?

Correct, provided you have no income-modifying improvements/wonders.

3. If I get an improvement such as a bank, that gives me +7% to my citizens daily income, that means its giving me +7% of their gross income (pre-tax), correct?

Correct. like- and unlike-rules apply, but generally, you're right.

4. How are multiple bonuses to daily income calculated? Lets say without bonuses, my citizens earn 20 currency units a day and I have 2 +7% bonuses. Are my citizens earning 20 * 1.07 * 1.07 = 22.898 daily (ie bonuses are multiplicative), or are they earning 20 + (20*0.07) + (20*0.07) = 20 + 1.4 + 1.4 = 22.8 daily (ie bonuses are additive)?

like-bonuses add and unlike-bonuses multiply. if it has the same name, it is like.

in your example the equation would be like this:

$20 * (1 + 0.07 * 2)

this is the full calculation:

Base Income * (1 + # of Banks * 0.07) * (1 + # of Schools * 0.05) * (1 + # of Universities * 0.08) * (1 + # of Foreign Ministries * 0.05) * (1 + # of Harbors * 0.01)

5. Assuming that bonus income is some sort of multiplier on some sort of base daily income, how do I find out my base daily income per citizen? Is it just Happiness level * 2?

to find your base income, simply 'divide off' your bonuses. so, with the same example as above, you would take your daily income and simply divide it by 1.14.

also, please stop saying currency units. its annoying to read. everyone uses the term dollar universally here.

ps

"Now lets say I have a church which says "Church - $40,000.00 - Increases population happiness +1." You are saying that its not actually increasing my happiness level, its increasing the amount of money I get per happines value?"

It sounds like he IS saying that getting more happiness affects the base happiness bonus, in that case, he would be wrong.

Edited by Caesar_101