Buying Soldiers

LexLuthor18

The minimum number of soldiers you can have without going into anarchy is 20% of your population. You can buy more, but there are drawbacks. If your soldiers equal 60% of the population your environment is affected, and at 80% your population becomes unhappy. 20%-30% is a recommended range for peacetime, closer to 30 if you think you might be tech raided.

I did the math and 30% of the population I have is smaller than what I have now, and at 423 my environment is a 3.5. Even after I bought more infrastructure and my population went up. My soldier count has been the same since the last couple infra buy ups.

Edited by LexLuthor18

• 3 weeks later...

You need 20% of your population in soldier efficiency to not lose happiness.

So, this can result in less than 20% of your population in actual soldier count - I had approximately 10% real soldier count the last time I collected taxes.

This can be advantageous because more soldiers decreases your population slightly, which means the fewer soldiers you have the better your collection.